Twitter: Cowboys will let Jones hit Free Agency

cern

Reaction score
No surprise here! Byron is going to become the first Dak salary casualty.
More to follow. I like dak, but not his dakcentric universe. Even if we're able to tag both dak and coop, the cap will take a big hit.

Verdict

Reaction score
If so, that makes no sense. 4 turnovers a year is almost nothing in the grand scheme. That’s .25 turnovers a game.

They’re letting him walk because they paid Dlaw, Zeke, and Jaylon already and he’s lower on the pecking order than Dak and Amari.

Byron should’ve been the fourth guy on the totem pole (Dak, Amari, DLaw) instead of sixth. The Jones messed up paying Zeke and Jaylon. This pass defense is going to be rough without a first round corner.

it would have been easier to replace Jaylon than Byron.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Troy Aikman?

"I think, No. 1, you just look at what he's done in his time in the league," McCarthy said of Prescott. "I think he's been impressive. I've been impressed with him since the first time I saw him play live up in Green Bay when they came to Lambeau. I think first impressions are very important when you see quarterbacks on the field because in-person evaluations, particularly at that position, have always carried more weight as far as how I felt about a player. So, I think he's got off to a great start. He's built a really good foundation. I'm told he's a tremendous leader. In my philosophy, as we get with the personnel department, as we go through that, defenses get you to the championship, and quarterback's win championships. And I definitively feel Dak is that quarterback."

Mike McCarthy, Feb 25, 2020

Kaiser

Reaction score
troy earlier said dak wasn't an accurate passer. then went on to say accuracy couldn't be taught. he's an expert of his most recent word.

If you watch that video, Troy didn't say Dak wasn't accurate. Jimmy asked him if Dak could develop the kind of elite accuracy that Troy was known for and Troy said there are only a few QBs that have his type of accuracy. He said you can't teach that level of elite accuracy, he didn't say "Dak wasn't accurate".

Troy's accuracy was legendary, there are countless stories like Tuinei standing 50 yards away with a Gatorade bottle on top of his head with Troy knocking it off with a pass. Dak doesn't have that kind of accuracy but neither do 90% of the current starters in the NFL.

cern

Reaction score

"I think, No. 1, you just look at what he's done in his time in the league," McCarthy said of Prescott. "I think he's been impressive. I've been impressed with him since the first time I saw him play live up in Green Bay when they came to Lambeau. I think first impressions are very important when you see quarterbacks on the field because in-person evaluations, particularly at that position, have always carried more weight as far as how I felt about a player. So, I think he's got off to a great start. He's built a really good foundation. I'm told he's a tremendous leader. In my philosophy, as we get with the personnel department, as we go through that, defenses get you to the championship, and quarterback's win championships. And I definitively feel Dak is that quarterback."

Mike McCarthy, Feb 25, 2020
voting the party line.

Kaiser

Reaction score
voting the party line.

Do you think MM thinks Dak is "mediocre" and that MM is "up Dak's rear end"?

I can answer for you, if he did he wouldn't have taken this job.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here's what hilarious with your car example. You, a fan wannabe GM have made your determination of those three players which doesn't jive with what actual professionals think and then come back with a car story that supports your fan wannabe GM thinking. Now you may have a problem with Jerry and/or Stephen but now McCarthy has called Prescott as his franchise QB. Most TV talking heads say Cooper is one of the top receivers in the league and continually list multiple teams that if Cooper doesn't get signed or tagged by the Cowboys that will be lined up trying to get him. Those same talking heads talk about all the teams that will go after Jones. But the fan wannabe GM just doesn't see things like that, but I don't hear any teams knocking down your door to be their GM either.
NOR YOU lmao some how you think you are right and yet you re an internet expert and have more weight then my opinion? :lmao2:neither of us know what the real deal is,

but AC , Dak, and Jones not signed rumor 2 of 3 are gone, so ill be closer to correct then you..

so whos MORE RIGHT? if the DC dont think AC is worth 19, Jones 16 and dak 36 and they are football people who drafted all of them, also new staff could be in Jerrys ear and welp they al are still unsigned, then well they sit and await their fate which I am guaranteeing a majority feel the way I do.. great players overpricing themselves and whomever signs them for that, will regret it 3 yrs from now...:huh::angry:

cern

Reaction score
Do you think MM thinks Dak is "mediocre" and that MM is "up Dak's rear end"?

I can answer for you, if he did he wouldn't have taken this job.
i'd say mac considers dak better than mediocre, which he clearly is. but dak's not the singularity he thinks he is. I deign from using "up certain body parts" as I eschew vulgarity. he's spewing the party line which makes perfect sense. but in the end (no pun) it will come down to the fo's ability to sign him for what seems an extremely exorbitant amount of money. one that will seriously impact the rest of the team.