Cowboys won't tag Pollard

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
He isn't worth the tag.. he's gone. It's time to find a new center which could very well be the pick in RD1.
That puts them into a huge need situation on draft day. Any free agent Centers out there worth a dime?

Big_D

Reaction score
That puts them into a huge need situation on draft day. Any free agent Centers out there worth a dime?

They have huge needs in a few areas. There really isn't much of a choice and there should be one sitting there at 24. There's a couple FAs out there also which could be an option.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I would hope not. That's a steep price for any RB...much less a scat back that is best suited for 8 to 10 carries a game.

The Cowboys might be stoopit....but they aren't dumb.

Carson

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I'd be OK re-signing Pollard if the deal is relatively cheap. He wasn't the biggest issue with our running game.
I think we can get a lot more from a guy like Gus Edwards

Staubacher

Reaction score
We're witnessing the end of the big time running back era. Teams have figured out they cost too much and have limited shelf lives

Carson

Reaction score
We're witnessing the end of the big time running back era. Teams have figured out they cost too much and have limited shelf lives
I think when you see teams have success with guys like Pacheco, Gus Edwards etc. it’s hard to spend big

Big_D

Reaction score
Good, we shouldn't of tagged him last season (2023).
Agreed. They make things more difficult than they have to be. The job they did filling the RB position last year was a joke and it started with overpaying Pollard as usual.

Big_D

Reaction score
No thanks. What has he ever really done?
I will say he's been on a terrible football team with a pretty poor line. Injuries are a concern and that price tag is too high. But I wouldn't expect the same results here that he got in NY. If he goes to a contending football team like Baltimore for example he could be very productive.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It has to be reported, but it's not really news. Also, those other RBs aren't being franchised either because it just doesn't make sense with so many cheap UFAs available + draft picks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Get someone like Zack moss or comparable for 3-4m and draft a running back in a later/mid round in the draft. If they fix the center position and shore up on o line the residual effects on the run game will be profound imo
This was expected. I agree, go get Moss and draft a kid, then let them all compete in camp. Throw Deuce Vaughn in the mix too. It will be make or break for him. No more excuses will remain. Pollard will be gone. YES, fix that line! Its paramount.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We're witnessing the end of the big time running back era. Teams have figured out they cost too much and have limited shelf lives.
Few RBs are elite.

And not many of those are able to play at that level for many seasons.

But there are tons of scrubs.

And we got 3 of them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wonder how much each of these guys want?
Surely they know teams dont want to pay as much as they would a few years ago.

They may want most of it to be guaranteed $, and that is understandable.

I wonder what pollard wants?? He should take 6mil a year with 20 guaranteed, that's fair isnt it ??

He should call dan and make a deal.
Eagles will push hard for Pollard I think. That scares me. We MUST have our own great running game to compete.