Twitter: Cowboys working on long-term deal for T. Crawford *merged*

perrykemp

Reaction score
Where are all the haters so I can smash them with words

$20M? That's roughly per $7M a sack if you average over Crawford's 3 career sacks.

At that's the going rate, it's going to take $280M just this season to achieve the 40 sack threshold this defense is aiming for. That could be a problem....

:p Ok, I just had to take a crack at it. In reality I think Crawford is the real deal and anything less than $5-6M is a steal.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
$20M? That's roughly per $7M a sack if you average over Crawford's 3 career sacks.

At that's the going rate, it's going to take $280M just this season to achieve the 40 sack threshold this defense is aiming for. That could be a problem....

:p Ok, I just had to take a crack at it. In reality I think Crawford is the real deal and anything less than $5-6M is a steal.

I shouldve lifted more weights growing up;

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This works both ways I think. If he goes on to have a monster season, we got him for cheap. If he only produces like he did last year, I say we locked him for what he's worth.

This is a win-win for us.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Have you seen $$$ figures related to this deal? I've looked and can't find anything regarding amounts being offered.
No I haven't but it looks like he is going to be getting quite a huge increase.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Not so much concerned about the numbers just good value whatever the contract. I think the 20 million sounds weak IMO for a three technique that is almost fully matured and angry.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
No I haven't but it looks like he is going to be getting quite a huge increase.

I saw a few minutes ago that the figures being discussed are in the range of $18-20M for 4-5 years. Anywhere in that range is cheap for what he'll likely get at year's end. That may be a big increase from where he currently is, but it's cheap for a player of his caliber at his position.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I think this board is a little off base. Going to be a lot more than $18-20 million.

You could be right. Those were just the numbers being reported (I don't trust that those numbers are accurate). I really don't want him to get low balled on his deal. Give him a fair deal so that he'll be fairly compensated and happy for the life of the contract.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
That 5/20 number is the dumbest thing ever. Is anyone really gonna feel okay about it if Crawford has blows up like we expect with all this new found outside help and next year he's making 5 per when others are making 12-20?

I think the numbers for him are gonna start at 8-9 per and that's the team protecting against what they think can be a 12-13 per player by the end of the season.

reddyuta

Reaction score
That 5/20 number is the dumbest thing ever. Is anyone really gonna feel okay about it if Crawford has blows up like we expect with all this new found outside help and next year he's making 5 per when others are making 12-20?

I think the numbers for him are gonna start at 8-9 per and that's the team protecting against what they think can be a 12-13 per player by the end of the season.

i think it may be somewhere in the middle of those two figures.this deal about the future and the future is still uncertain.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

suggested 4 yr $18-$20m parameters
Am%2BI%2Bthe%2Bonly%2Bone%2Bthat%2Bstarted%2Blaughing%2Bhysterically%2Bupon%2B_fa30bdf9bbb8a1f78d19d51c869437ab.gif