CowboysFanTalk: If Dak walks, what's the plan?

Motorola

Reaction score
I don’t want Dak to get $60 million a year but Lance was a waste of a 4th rd pick we gave up for him. In 6 years combined in college /pros the dude has only 17 starts.
If you're going to critique a player's past playing history...get the facts straight.
Trey Lance started 17 games in college - then 4 games as a pro with the Forty-niners during his first two seasons____ two during his rookie 2021 year, then two games at the start of 2022.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
If you're going to critique a player's past playing history...get the facts straight.
Trey Lance started 17 games in college - then 4 games as a pro with the Forty-niners during his first two seasons____ two during his rookie 2021 year, then two games at the start of 2022.
Yes you are correct, my bad. 21 career starts

Hadenough

Reaction score
When Dak is run out of Dallas. The plan is very simple. Sign the top players on this team and build a very strong team like 49ers did. Just bring in a host of QBs and start using FAs until you can draft a good QB WITH PEDIGREE! Jerry needs to stop being fooled by 4th round trash QBs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
When Dak is run out of Dallas. The plan is very simple. Sign the top players on this team and build a very strong team like 49ers did. Just bring in a host of QBs and start using FAs until you can draft a good QB WITH PEDIGREE! Jerry needs to stop being fooled by 4th round trash QBs.
Already did.

Trey Lance.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yes.

The very definition of a phenom.

They rise quickly.

Unfortunate that he suffered the injuries. Broken hand/leg.

But it worked out to our benefit. 8)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

But I kid.

Unclear just what kind of plan they'd have post Dak. They haven't even admitted the possibility of having a post Dak yet, so they haven't shared any plans for that possibility.

If they traded Dak tomorrow, we've got options in Cooper Rush and Trey Lance. Must be some PS guys too I suspect they go with Lance. Maybe both, depending on context. And in the trade for Dak, we could have the team throw in a downroster developmental QB. Or two. If they're trading for Dak, they needed a starter, and must have made some provision for QB options on their roster.

I'm the type of fan who enjoyed 89. Young guys trying hard and getting better over old guys phoning it in and getting worse. And I like young, cheap, QBs who can run. I think that's the way to go. Let's see what Lance can do.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You know the 49ers QB is a 7th rounder right?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Start over , I guess, new coach and get him to pick groceries and mix and match ,we will stink a year or 2, but hopefully ship will be corrected ifJerry stopped meddling.

morat1959

Reaction score
Yeah so you draft a bust then you try again. No different than winning nothing for the last 30 years. What you aren’t factoring in, is we have two idiots running this franchise. You need a superhuman qb to overcome those idiots. There’s only 1 realistic way to find that. That’s drafting one very high.
You nailed it!

morat1959

Reaction score
I’m not opposed to drafting a QB early in round one. But that’s not a guarantee of anything. I’m ready to do that. But I’m not just assuming that’s all we have to do and it’s peaches and cream.
Unless you hit on the right one. Based on our FO the past 28 years, that’s the only way we’ll ever win another one.