CowboysZone Celebrity Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 274)

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionary

Reaction score
Guilty as charged. :(

I had not really thought about Hayek's low seeding until your post.

Please note that I copy-and-paste nominees names straight from members' posts into my Excel spreadsheet.

I do all my point calculations with the spreadsheet automatically. Points are added up for each celebrity according to their name. The celebrity's name must be spelled exactly the same if she is listed on multiple members' lists. So I went back and reviewed the members' who nominated Alba and Hayek in the previous thread.

@Runwildboys ranked Alba 3rd on his list. 30 points
@BigStar ranked Alba 24th on his list. 9 points. [Note: The actual numbering appears in the next immediate post]
DallasEast ranked Alba 5th on his list. 28 points.

My spreadsheet matched up three J-e-s-s-i-c-a A-l-b-a and added up 67 points correctly.

Here is a short funny story. Hayek's first name is Salma, not Selma. The end.

Only two members nominated Hayek (could have been THREE members if a certain admirer of hers had done so too):

DallasEast ranked Salma Hayek 6th on his list. 27 points.
BigStar ranked Selma Hayek 12th on his list. 21 points.

My spreadsheet did not auto-calculate 48 points for Hayek because the spreadsheet author did... not... spell check her name when he copied-and-pasted it. :banghead:

A 5th seed would have placed Hayek in the Wonder Woman region. Alba and Hayek may have still met face-to-face but it would have only happened in the championship round if they both had advanced that far.

I do not deserve forgiveness. I sabotaged my own work. Just know that my normal paranoid self will be 10 times greater spell checking stuff in any future tournaments. That is sort of a punishment in itself.

One thing I do know for certain. There will be a strict limit on the number of nominees according to a thread contest's guideline. Extra nominees over the guideline limit will be auto-deleted.

I did Hayek wrong. What makes me feel worst is that I ended up spell checking a certain nominee named Justine Jaro in this particular list. Google corrected me when I copied-and-pasted the name as it was spelled during a search for an adequate pic for her.

I ended up entering a correct spelling of Justene Jaro into my spreadsheet. I do not even know who the bleeping heck she is but Hayek? I missed her misspelling and I have loved her since the first time I saw her in Desperado decades ago. Anyone see her love scene with Antonio Banderas in that movie?????? o_O

I feel like throwing up.

I knew it was a set up

I could feel it in my ..............

bones
:omg:

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Salma should take it all. If Desperado and From Dusk Til Dawn seem too long ago, check out Everly from a few years ago. Still smoking hot and nearing 50 in that flick.

visionary

Reaction score
Salma should take it all. If Desperado and From Dusk Til Dawn seem too long ago, check out Everly from a few years ago. Still smoking hot and nearing 50 in that flick.

I agree wholeheartedly about Hayek

Hayek bd Alba should have been the finals (I’m looking at you @DallasEast )

I personally think Belluci is hotter than her but others don’t agree. She is a 12 on a scale of 1-10

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree wholeheartedly about Hayek

Hayek bd Alba should have been the finals (I’m looking at you @DallasEast )

I personally think Belluci is hotter than her but others don’t agree. She is a 12 on a scale of 1-10
I am looking back at you too, Mr. Non-Voting Critic, who did not give any celebrity any points for ranking them in the tournament. :mad::p

DFWJC

Reaction score
This thread has gotten weird.
:laugh:

Should've gotten in earlier and ranked the whole field.
Hayek would not be in my top 12....or 90% of the rest the country's either.
Now all the vids of her best moments....free advertising. lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should've gotten in earlier and ranked the whole field.
Be sure to check the Off-Topic Zone after this tournament ends. A new thread will be posted. I will ask members for any ideas for a new tournament contest. There have already been some ideas posted already for the new tournament.

Plus, members shall be able to rank their choices, according to the most popular idea agreed upon, by posting their own ballot list. Each choice will receive a descending points value. We will have a hard maximum limit of nominations for an idea at 32 but it maybe necessary to pare that down to 16 depending on the idea chosen.

I hope all interested members will participate in the upcoming thread. The more the merrier, I say! :thumbup:

visionary

Reaction score
Be sure to check the Off-Topic Zone after this tournament ends. A new thread will be posted. I will ask members for any ideas for a new tournament contest. There have already been some ideas posted already for the new tournament.

Plus, members shall be able to rank their choices, according to the most popular idea agreed upon, by posting their own ballot list. Each choice will receive a descending points value. We will have a hard maximum limit of nominations for an idea at 32 but it maybe necessary to pare that down to 16 depending on the idea chosen.

I hope all interested members will participate in the upcoming thread. The more the merrier, I say! :thumbup:

If Hayek doesn’t win I vote for a “Hottest Female Celebrity” thread

:muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oops! Forgot to add that Jessica Biel advanced through the tournament thus far via the Coffy region, not the Katniss Everdeen region. I made sure to re-check the Round 1, Sweet 16 and Elite 8 threads first before posting this (making certain to keep my tired head in-check :p ).
So now it's Biel vs. Hayek. That's all you had to say. LMAO

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So now it's Biel vs. Hayek. That's all you had to say. LMAO
True. You know me. I will reply with an essay instead of 'uh huh'. :laugh:

Just wanted everyone on the same page if they read my response since Jessica Alba sparked some... commentary... when she did not reach the final four. :p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Hayek doesn’t win I vote for a “Hottest Female Celebrity” thread

:muttley:
A word of warning.

Be prepared to see your ballot list and every participating member's ballot list get lumped in together and see some "hottest female celebrity" names you have NEVER heard or read about before. :laugh:

And a tip: Position your top hitters at the top of your list down. Yeah. That is a Captain Obvious thing for me to say but the higher the rank, the higher the points given. And that effort could prove the difference in getting as many of your nominees into the final tally used for the tournament as possible. :thumbup:

timb2

Reaction score
A word of warning.

Be prepared to see your ballot list and every participating member's ballot list get lumped in together and see some "hottest female celebrity" names you have NEVER heard or read about before. :laugh:

And a tip: Position your top hitters at the top of your list down. Yeah. That is a Captain Obvious thing for me to say but the higher the rank, the higher the points given. And that effort could prove the difference in getting as many of your nominees into the final tally used for the tournament as possible. :thumbup:
Can I make a prospect list so guys might want to draft? :)

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
We did it for TV but we should do Movie Biadasz Tournament. Think about Fight Club's Tyler Durden having to fight Gladiator's Maximus or Rocky Balboa taking on The Terminator.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can I make a prospect list so guys might want to draft? :)
Sure but wait until the next idea thread to post it. Also make certain this prospect list will be separate from your one and only ballot list, which will only count one (1) time in the official tally.

I do have questions about your wanting to post a prospect list. Could you simply suggest fellow members check out your posts in these tournament threads instead? I mean, you have made a LOT of posts you have included picture links of numerous women. I would think that would be easier for other members to check out suggestions you have already made. Are you thinking about putting together a list of women you have never mentioned before in any of these threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.