CowboysZone Celebrity Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 274)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a clarification that only I may care about making. I am using a standard 32-team bracket format for the tournament. The region seedings and pairings:

#1 Xena Region - 1/32, 16/17, 9/24, 8/25 (seeds/pairings)
#4 Wonder Woman Region - 4/29, 13/20, 12/21, 5/28 (seeds/pairings)
#2 Katniss Everdeen Region - 2/31, 15/18, 10/23, 7/26 (seeds/pairings)
#3 Coffy Region - 3/30, 14/19, 11/22, 6/27 (seeds/pairings)

--have been correct during this tournament. Such tournaments will have the winners of the #1 and #4 regions along with the #2 and #3 regions meet in the semifinals (e.g. Final Four).

Unfortunately, Mr. SmartyPants DallasEast :rolleyes: mistakenly created graphic brackets for the Sweet 16 showing the #3 (Coffy) & #4 (Wonder Woman) regions in one thread and #1 (Xena) & #2 (Katniss Everdeen) regions in the other thread. The Sweet 16 graphic brackets SHOULD be #1 Xena/#4 Wonder Woman and #2 Katniss Everdeen/#3 Coffy. I wanted it produced that way so participating members could see the various possible matchups down the road all the way to the championship round.

Just nicpicking myself :facepalm: but I cannot even blame the database I created for producing the graphic brackets images. I entered the wrong data and got what I did not plan on getting.

D'oh!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How far back does this go?

Farrah is still all time #1 in my book.

Heather Locklear
Pamela Anderson
Natalie Wood

More current: Katherine Jenkins (opera singer)
Nominated celebrities go as far back as Katharine Hepburn. The conversation behind this tournament began in this thread:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/celebrity-tournament-bracket-idea-balloting-completed.459265/

You can review the final tally of all the ballots submitted in post #150. Only Heather Locklear was nominated and received 6 points out of the four you mentioned.

There were only a handful of ballots posted by a few members. It could help explain the absence of the four names you provided.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So nudes only?
Please answer the gentleman's question Mr. Harvey.

giphy.gif

Thanks for that, Mr. Harvey. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is clearly a set up
Ratajkowski, Alba, Fox and Hayek in the same bracket? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
All 32 celebrities are in one bracket, just like basketball tourney brackets. Emily Ratajkowski and Megan Fox are in the same region (Xena), while Jessica Alba and Salma Hayek are in another region (Katniss Everdeen).

I do acknowledge blame for making it appear all four could meet in the Elite Eight, with two winners facing off in the Final Four. The graphic brackets for both of their regions were mistakenly put in the same image, along with the voting options put in the same thread with it. :(

There are two positives to take away from the mild confusion I caused. First, the voting options do not negatively impact any results since each set of options for their associated region are grouped together correctly.

Second, the flow of the rounds are unaffected by the format of the threads I created. Only Ratajkowski and Fox could potentially meet in the Elite 8. The same holds true for Alba and Hayek. Only the winners of those two possible quarterfinal pairings would ultimately face off in the championship and not in the semifinals, where the regional matchups will be:

Xena regional winner (possibly Ratajkowski or Fox) vs Wonder Woman regional winner
Katniss Everdeen regional winner (possibly Alba or Hayek) vs Coffy regional winner

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I misunderstood and only chose two from each Sweet 16 thread.
I am not an expert on the polling software (Help! @Reality !) but have you tried voting again? The setting is maxed at four choices any member can choose for each poll. Perhaps the software will allow you to select two more choices since it may account for you only picking twice thus far. It is just a wild guess on my part though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am not an expert on the polling software (Help! @Reality !) but have you tried voting again? The setting is maxed at four choices any member can choose for each poll. Perhaps the software will allow you to select two more choices since it may account for you only picking twice thus far. It is just a wild guess on my part though.
No, as soon as I submitted my choices I was blocked from voting again.

It's okay, no big deal.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the next tournament, I would like to see.......

Gwyneth Paltrow vs Heather Graham :thumbup:
It is a possible matchup IF other members choose another celebrity contest for the next tournament AND their point totals from members ballot lists dictate the pairing.

So make sure you submit a list and rank each appropriately. The right combination of point values could possibly have Paltrow and Graham facing off as early as the first round. ;)

On a serious note, my inner Spock says a ballot with either celebrity ranked 16th or 17th would increase the odds of them meeting in the first round, regardless if other members nominate them or not. Variances would kick in if other members add their names to their ballots because more points would be allotted to their respective running totals. It is not out of the question both could also meet initially as a #15/#18 pairing, #14/#19 pairing, etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Katniss Everdeen region bore witness to the top dominating performance in round 1. Salma Hayek demolished her opponent, Katharine Hepburn (the loons disagree with the outcome, @Corso :p ), 22-1.

It is still early into the Sweet 16 round but the Katniss Everdeen region is showcasing another top performance. Right now, it is 14-1 Jessica Alba over Francine Dee.

I doubt the final outcome will be the same during this round. Hayek's last round opponent's fame was legendary but built almost entirely on her acting ability and not on looks. Plus, Hepburn died in 2003 and I am sure many people only think of her from her On Golden Pond years than in her acting youth.

That observation may make what Alba's doing so far more relevant. After all, the age gulf between Alba and Dee is far smaller than the one between Hayek and Hepburn. And Captain Obvious would point out Alba's opponent is still very much alive. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Katniss Everdeen region bore witness to the top dominating performance in round 1. Salma Hayek demolished her opponent, Katharine Hepburn (the loons disagree with the outcome, @Corso :p ), 22-1.

It is still early into the Sweet 16 round but the Katniss Everdeen region is showcasing another top performance. Right now, it is 14-1 Jessica Alba over Francine Dee.

I doubt the final outcome will be the same during this round. Hayek's last round opponent's fame was legendary but built almost entirely on her acting ability and not on looks. Plus, Hepburn died in 2003 and I am sure many people only think of her from her On Golden Pond years than in her acting youth.

That observation may make what Alba's doing so far more relevant. After all, the age gulf between Alba and Dee is far smaller than the one between Hayek and Hepburn. And Captain Obvious would point out Alba's opponent is still very much alive. :laugh:
I think anyone on the list would've destroyed Hepburn just as badly. The only one she may have had a chance against?..................Lobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.