CowboysZone Celebrity Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 274)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think it was because even the internet was outraged by your voting against Belluci and Hayek
:muttley:
That's okay, I get mad at the internet all the time!
All I am going to say is that I know for a fact Persephone is still alive and kicking in this exact same tournament going on inside The Matrix. Normally I could let everyone know if she won in the end but I took that dang red pill! Dang that Morpheus! Dang him! :mad:

:grin:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Halle Berry through the years: 1989, 1992-2019

PcQjj9R.gif

sigh

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just so naturally stunning....imo,

She is amazing.

Too bad she's against the also amazing EmRatta
Megan Fox is in that bracket too. wow
Tough bracket
It would be my expectation that any top seed would be in the same region with the toughest competition. That is something that March Madness upsets me too often when the NCAA selection committee releases their bracket and the No #1 overall seed 'looks like' they were placed in a weak region--and sometimes the WEAKEST region at that.

EDIT: Another reason why I am glad we adopted the college football poll system for ranking these tournaments. I do wish we had more member participation. More ballots would have spread the 'toughness' of the entire field more evenly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It would be my expectation that any top seed would be in the same region with the toughest competition. That is something that March Madness upsets me too often when the NCAA selection committee releases their bracket and the No #1 overall seed 'looks like' they were placed in a weak region--and sometimes the WEAKEST region at that.

EDIT: Another reason why I am glad we adopted the college football poll system for ranking these tournaments. I do wish we had more member participation. More ballots would have spread the 'toughness' of the entire field more evenly.
:laugh:
That's how proper seed works

In all sports, highest seeds should face lower seeds early so the very top seeds don't get eliminated early and others get "free" rides through the bracket.

I think Selma Hayak had an easy 1st round for example. But would've already have been eliminated if she faced about several others--especially Berry, EmRatta, or Fox.
:dance:

In this one,

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:
That's how proper seed works

In all sports, highest seeds should face lower seeds early so the very top seeds don't get eliminated early and others get "free" rides through the bracket.

I think Selma Hayak had an easy 1st round for example. But would've already have been eliminated if she faced about several others--especially Berry, EmRatta, or Fox.
:dance:

In this one,
I understand but do not totally agree. My disagreement cannot be placed completely at the selection committee's feet though. They work towards creating a bracket with the teams they are mostly given. Too often, there are a number of automatic bid teams that qualify by getting hot at the right time in their conference tourneys and knock out more better competition. The number one overall seed tends to benefit from those circumstances when the seeding is done. However, that is just my long-time opinion. :)

Salma Hayek is a good example though for why more ballots would have leveled out the competition more. More or less points given to each celebrity would have certainly impacted ranking order. A more level field may have ended with Hayek having a much higher seed than the one she netted here, but it is more likely she would not have butted heads with a Berry, Ratajkowski, or Fox until the crunch rounds--like the Elite 8, Final Four or even championship.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't believe anyone has mentioned Caroline Munro. She was in a load of horror movies, James Bond and the golden voyage of Sinbad
5c190bcfc32610c732f236f7fba3e739.jpg
Munro was a part of the original Hottest Actress thread, after the first 32-actress conversation morphed into an 128-actress discussion. She was not nominated by any member creating 32-celebrity list ballots that were the basis of this tournament. Click here to review the nominated celebrities for this tournament, their rankings and point totals.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two of the four number one seeds, Halle Berry and Vanessa Williams, do not advance to the Elite 8. Williams, the Coffy Region's No. 3 overall seed, fell 15-5 to #19 Jessica Biel.

Guess in the end, Williams did not have

:(

timb2

Reaction score
I know I cant post this here but you will have 2nd thoughts if YouTube "FRANCINE DEE PINK BIKINI"....So she wasn't a well known celebrity. I promise you wouldn't be thinking that if Francine was your girlfriend.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.