CowboysZone Movie Genre Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 342)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For what it is worth, cowfan and I have been friends for decades in real life. We butt heads about every imaginable topic ALL the time. Y'all would love him if I could only get him to post more. He has a really good sense of humor drowned by heavy doses of sarcasm. :rolleyes::D
Sounds like my evil twin.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i had both rio bravo and the searchers in my 32.
did you submit a list?
Rio Bravo and Red River are in my top 10 of all time in the Western genre. I always thought Red River was his best role and he actually acted in that and wasn't bigger than life like he became. He could just show up in a lot of Westerns and the pay off was there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having the genres grouped separately and/or not having an agreed upon method of selecting a film's primary genre were the two likely variables that impacted the tournament the most in my opinion. Everyone participating in future tournaments should consider these types of components or similar influential factors while discussing how to put together tournaments down the road.
Cannot, absolutely cannot, have a best film face off without drama. And I ain't talkin' bout within the voting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorites would have been"

The Searchers
Magnificent Seven
Shane
Good, Bad and Ugly
Last Train from Gun Hill
Rio Bravo
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
The Wild Bunch
The man has good taste, just an order of ranking challenge, The Wild Bunch should come first. It is the finest Western ever made from an artistic viewpoint of acting, directing and writing. It had the kind of acting you'd expect from a drama.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted but under protest, not what I thought we'd have. Having any of the worst acted films, pick any Star Wars film, in the finals is a travesty, a miscarriage of justice.

May I suggest any of the posters that voted for The Empire Strikes Back receive a day in detention hall?

Star Wars should have never even been nominated, these are popcorn movies and acted, directed and written by the same age children they were made to entertain.

Surely, you've taken leave of your senses. And don't call me surely.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Rio Bravo and Red River are in my top 10 of all time in the Western genre. I always thought Red River was his best role and he actually acted in that and wasn't bigger than life like he became. He could just show up in a lot of Westerns and the pay off was there.
red river and the naked spur were the 1st westerns i liked that were really psycho-dramas.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Cannot, absolutely cannot, have a best film face off without drama. And I ain't talkin' bout within the voting.
if i could make one change....it would be to swap out comedy for drama....or sci-fi/horror since some sci-fi movies could be considered action/adventure.
drama.....the defiant ones...12 angry men...the hustler...anatomy of a murder...mr smith goes to washington...in the heat of the night...rear window...fail safe.

cowboyec

Reaction score
To anyone who appreciates good acting.
westerns have always gotten the shaft.
its about time.
good acting???
some of the best stories are westerns.
and regardless of what you think....the good,the bad and the ugly has stood the test of time as one of the greatest movies ever.
that doesnt JUST happen unless its a really good story and characters that people care about.....and to make that happen you need REALLY GOOD ACTING from REALLY GOOD ACTORS like Clint Eastwood,Lee Van Cleef and Eli Wallach.
but hey.....not every movie can be tommy boy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I’m not voting in the finals out of protest

I knew some posters on this board had poor taste when Charlize Theron, Alba, Belluci and Hayek didn’t win but neither of these movies should be the best ever

:angry:
bull.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Oh hell, you done released the Kraken on us all!!!! We're all gonna perish.

Inside ec is a 300lb woman named Nadine that spent 4 hours at the beauty salon and drug her best friend Trudy, her hair stylist and frozen drink sister, to Graceland only to pulled from The Wailing Fence on Death Day.

I would rather you sent me in to get you one of those cute little bear cubs from a rabid Grizzly Mama bear that soil the name of Elvis. Hell hath no fury like an Elvis fan scorned.
:starspin:DAMN....RIGHT:starspin:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i gladly take the slings and arrows as an UNAPOLOGETIC PASSIONATE ELVIS FAN.
but heed my warning.
i plead with you on my knees in tears to the Creator and Keeper of us all.
DO.
NOT.
VOTE.
FOR.
SONGS.
OR.
ALBUMS.
TOURNAMENT.
EVER.
BECAUSE I WILL UNLEASH THE HOUND DOG OF HEAVEN TO DO SOME SERIOUS TCB ON ALL YOU CANDY ***** TIL YOU GROW SIDE BURNS OR DIE TRYIN'.
DO.
NOT.
DOUBT.
ME.
E:bow:L:bow:V:bow:I:bow:S.
:starspin:ALL...DAMN...DAY:starspin:
:thumbup:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Put this graphic together and uploaded it to better illustrate what I was saying about a true movie genre tournament:

hIjyt15.png

The above is JUST an example of genre pairings and should not be taken literally. I doubt anyone would strongly support a tournament like this but the current tournament was 'supposed to' decide one particular film genre from this particular concept--using Action/Adventure, Comedy, Horror/Sci-Fi and Western as the movie genres.
i'll play...
action-first blood
adventure-pirates of the caribbean-curse of the black pearl
animation-jungle book(original)
biography-this is Elvis
comedy-planes,trains and automobiles
crime-dirty harry
documentary-Elvis:that's the way it is(1970)
drama-the defiant ones
fantasy-empire strikes back
film noir-call northside 777
history-the longest day
horror-frankenstein(original)
musical-jailhouse rock
mystery-anatomy of a murder
romance-blue hawaii
sci-fi-the day the earth stood still(original)
sport-rocky
thriller-rear window
war-sands of iwo jima
western-the good,the bad & the ugly

cowboyec

Reaction score
A real Elvis fan would have listed all his westerns over any other westerns.
i thought about it.
but didnt want to hi-jack this tournament #1......or be subjected to your incessant whining about "obsession" or your WEIRD fixation on everything "variety" or "expanding your tastes" crapola.
Elvis is my ace up the sleeve.
:starspin:AT A TIME OF MY CHOOSING:starspin:
(rotating star means its inarguable)

cowboyec

Reaction score
unless documentaries are included....because then everyone agrees it's That's The Way It Is.

Status
Not open for further replies.