Twitter: Cowherd: Cowboy haters pray Dak signs this contract

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Plenty of teams compete with good QBs on their 2nd contracts. That’s just what Dak is.

And he doesn’t need better players around him than any other top QB. Every passing game needs people to catch the ball and blindside protection. I don’t know why anybody thinks Dak should be any different.

Yeah I don’t care about just competing.

I want a Super Bowl and QBs like Dak don’t get money and Superbowls.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His offensive protection and weapons are extraordinary. He is quite average. That's why he was drafted where he was drafted that's why he can't win big games and that's why he has average 8-8 seasons. He is just average.

That’s your opinion. His production hasn’t ever been average, and you’re just simply wrong about him being unable to win big games.

If you misread the situation so badly that you think he’s average, then even more actual performance clearly isn’t going to change your mind. Which means there’s really no point debating the obvious with you

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I don’t care about just competing.

I want a Super Bowl and QBs like Dak don’t get money and Superbowls.

Find me a Superbowl-winning team that wasn’t capable of competing.

And QBs who produce like Dak did in 2019 have won Superbowls many times.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Find me a Superbowl-winning team that wasn’t capable of competing.

And QBs who produce like Dak did in 2019 have won Superbowls many times.

Yeah but they don’t win Superbowls when their contract takes up too much cap space so don’t sign a QB that isn’t worth it like Dak.

Last edited:

Se7enout

Reaction score
That’s your opinion. His production hasn’t ever been average, and you’re just simply wrong about him being unable to win big games.

If you misread the situation so badly that you think he’s average, then even more actual performance clearly isn’t going to change your mind. Which means there’s really no point debating the obvious with you
If his greatness were so obvious there would be no debate. 8-8 is average at best dude. He isnt a great QB that can put the team on his back and pull out big wins. His presence hasnt won us games we wouldnt have won with any other average QB. Unless you believe without dak we are even worse then 8-8...

Se7enout

Reaction score
If they won more than they lost, made it to the playoffs, won some playoff games. I would concede he was above average. He has done nothing but benefit from an amazing supporting cast.

kskboys

Reaction score
No surprise you would quote Cowturd. Just like you, he has absolutely no clue about NFL football. Thanks though for keeping on exposing your absolute ignorance. It makes our day.
Awwwwww, did someone disagwee wid you again

conner01

Reaction score
Who’s the team-source for this claim?

Oh...there isn’t one.

:muttley::facepalm:
Even most people assumption about what was printed is wrong
It’s 45 for one year of the contract
35 for the first 4
It wouldn’t be guaranteed so if you want to keep him the 5th year then you can
If not you could cut him

ghst187

Reaction score
Kinda lame and pathetic...cost never matters if the player plays well. I remember laughing at the skins signing Haynesworth and Archuleta for “cap busting” contracts...ok it hurt them for about ten minutes....same for eagles when they went on a spending spree and again with the Chip Kelly signing,...they turned around and won a SB two years later.
where was all this outrage when Wilson signed that huge contract? Nobody blinked an eye about it.
The only QB contract I remember being somewhat panned was Carr’s in Oakland...has that kept them from signing someone they really wanted...?
We are notorious cheapskates in FA anyway. So maybe we can’t sign someone like Byron Jones....but we wouldn’t have matched his offer anyway. We probably won’t resign Gallup either and everyone will say it’s bc of Dak, but it’ll likely be more bc Lamb lights it up and Gallup will likely get silly offers elsewhere.

conner01

Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to explain to me why the last year of a contract means anything.

It will NOT be guaranteed, and the team can move on of they like, or pay him, or renegotiate an extension.

I fail to see the problem with this 5th year at 45M. He will never see it.

You got four years to find a QB, which is the prudent thing to do anyway of those are going to be the numbers.
It has cap implication in that it makes earlier years hard to spread out and make lower
But you are right in that you can just walk away if he isn’t what you want
The money won’t matter because in 5 years backup QB may be making 10 mil and top 5 QB contracts may be 60 mil

Proof

Reaction score
Dak has 8 - 8 seasons...

singular, not plural. One. In one of the weirder seasons I can recall. Also the owner of 13-3 and 10-6.
And if there’s a season this year, I’m going out on a limb and predicting 11-5 with 4K+ yards and 25+ tds.