Video: Cowherd: Dallas will become better after EzE

NotForLong

Reaction score
Time will tell. My guess is I’m closer to right than you are. It’s my hope we don’t have to have that conversation

Anti-Dak fans are simply equal to salty over the top disappointed Romo fans and will continue to be upset until Dak is released or wins the nfc or super bowl why because they can’t let it go

That's a long narrative but back to reality. In all my years I never seen a QB struggle against a 9 man fronts at their own 20 yd line. Thats the privilege Dak has playing in the same backfield with Zeke and he barely even exploits it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Not worried at all because I was told any scrub back can run behind our line.:D

Seriously though I don't worry about it until I hear it from Zeke. Be very surprised if he did. I figured next year he might but not this year. If he does I'd be very disappointed.

NotForLong

Reaction score
With Garrett coaching it’s probably a big deal but with any other coach the loss of Zeke wouldn’t be a big deal.

We also have nothing behind Zeke. I don’t even know who our backup RB even is.
Dak is nothing without Zeke point blank.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if you put Zeke in San Fran, Seattle, or even the Raiders, they would be instant contenders,period. His durability is his number 1 trait in my opinion. I recall he took a wicked hit to the knee last year and it bent inward...you guys may remember the game...dunno who the opponent was, I forget. The point is, the guy just is tough and doesn't get hurt, EVER. He is a rare every down back. The teams I mentioned have 1 thing in Common...high caliber coaching,ownership,QB. Its time for Dallas to **** or get off the pot. TIME IS NOW. NO MORE EXCUSES for mediocrity. We have the pieces, now win.IF NOT..sign the players, and can Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think that Elliott is going to hold out and I don't care that Cowherd thinks he should be traded, I do however think he needs to grow up.

As far as Dallas being better after Elliott, that will only be true if they can replace his production. Just having a more mature player won't cut it.

With that said, let's have a great training camp :flagwave:

There is absolutely NO WAY that Dallas will be better after Zeke. Certainly NOT this year. Not with the backs we have behind him. If I were the Cowboys I would see what we have in these rookies, then draft or sign a back that can be really good next offseason.

In THAT way, we can be better without him as we can use his salary to better other parts of the team and or use the draft picks from trading him.

starfan1

Reaction score
That's a long narrative but back to reality. In all my years I never seen a QB struggle against a 9 man fronts at their own 20 yd line. Thats the privilege Dak has playing in the same backfield with Zeke and he barely even exploits it.
Long narrative but true nevertheless your point is valid Dak could have made teams pay a bit more for them loading box

Now how much of that is Dak and how much of it is Linehan remains to be seen

In 3 years we have seen a lot accomplished by a qb that sucks so much. I got that on good authority I read it here and at the ranch two top notch outlets

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Long narrative but true nevertheless your point is valid Dak could have made teams pay a bit more for them loading box

In 3 years we have seen a lot accomplished by a qb that sucks so much. I got that on good authority I read it here and at the ranch two top notch outlets

Dak doesn’t suck. He’s just not worth big money.

I’d rather see the team invest in the rest of the roster and draft another QB then give Dak stupid money and see the team around him deteriorate.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Then that’s great too.. He gets exposed and we don’t have to pay him.

We could potentially get a haul for Zeke.

Not pay Dak the silly money he is asking for.

Garrett could possibly get fired too?

I’m all for those things.
Basically you are right. Him holding out exposes those 2 frauds.

I love Zeke and appreciate what he has done for this franchise. He is a once in a generational talent so much so an average QB is demanding elite monies

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t suck. He’s just not worth big money.

I’d rather see the team invest in the rest of the roster and draft another QB then give Dak stupid money and see the team around him deteriorate.

As a front office you got to roll the dice at times. I don’t want to see them pay Dak stupid money either but I’m not the $$$ cruncher

What type of qb do you think is going to be available should they let Dak go ?

He’s got the FO by the cajones just like the previous qb did it’s the most important position and it’s dictated by the market

Same argument that took place for Romos extension which I was against

I think they will find a way to pay all 3 crucial players but I think Byron is going to get left out

Rayman70

Reaction score
A good Comp for Zeke is when Seattle had lynch. lynch WOULD ALMOST ALWAYS FALL FORWARD for positive yards...and most of all...he was durable. I think Zeke is elite like Lynch...a complete back...with potential of being the exception to the rule, as far as longevity and durability of runners. How easy would it be to find another like him? Do we wanna take that huge gamble? We would likely have to use 3 rb's in each game just to have a running game. Not a fan of doing that.

NotForLong

Reaction score

I said the narrative about loving Romo is overplayed.

I have criticized Romo in the past when I saw fit. My old tag name was actually banned because of a drunken rage I was in and the names I called Romo.

Believe this my criticism of Dak are because of his own merits.

Call me Delusional but I believe all the praise for the Cowboys belong squarely on Zeke's shoulders. This includes all the accomplishments of Dak, yes Dak is clutch in the end of games but that's because Zeke is in the backfield and teams are scared and panicked

So if you read me criticizing Dak its because he deserves it and if you never see me give him credit it is because he is a product of Zeke. ( And Dak's inability to exploit 9 man fronts is a hinderence to Zeke)

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hate when *******es who have no clue about football. How could you fix your mouth to say taking away one of the best players in the league off your team makes you better....lol
to get clicks. It equals attention to himself and he makes money from it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Someone should tell Colin Zeke equates about 6 wins for us each year alone. Take that away, we win about 7 games per, tops.

Hardline

Reaction score
No team becomes better losing their best players.
Except the Patriots.

Zeke isn't going anywhere.

And if if hell does freeze over and the Cowboys do lose Zeke you folks are going to get a hard lesson on how not just any RB can run behind this line.

Hardline

Reaction score
Its much cheaper to just invest in the position every other draft, just take a RB in the draft, never use a 1st round pick, that was the first mistake, the second will be paying Zeke.
Never pay a RB a 2nd contract,, this isn't rocket science nor is it personal. Its basic business, basic salary cap economics.
That doesn't apply to elite RBs.
If you have one you keep him.

Dre11

Reaction score
Bruce Arians has a simple philosophy when it comes to RBs. He doesn't want a star RB, all he wants is a one cut RB that can catch the ball.
Obviously Arians does not share the same success as Belichick, but both understand the same philosophy, and how that relates to the salary cap.

And that's stupid. In
Zeke is a knucklehead that plays the easiest position in football to replace.

If someone offers us some premium picks I’m fine with letting him go. Let someone else deal with him.

That's ridiculous. RB is not the easiest position especially when you have a back that can do it all, blitz pick /recognition, protecting QB, recieving, reading Oline, running with power and speed to read the edge, good luck finding him.