Video: Cowherd: Dallas will become better after EzE

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not anymore its not. Used to be when we had a rookie QB. Dak is coming of age with Cooper and Gallup. We have a OC that understands spread offenses. WE no longer have a defense we need to keep off the field.

Zeke was originally brought in to help out the defense and keep Romo upright. Not the case anymore. Time to move on. You will find out quite quickly how other good backs will thrive here if we ever get someone decent besides Zeke.
The offense is not changing much. We are still a run first team. Dak is not a 40 pass a game quarterback. The offensive line a better run blockers then pass blockers. Zeke ain't going nowhere.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'd be okay with trading Zeke for 2 1st rounders as long as we then use 1 of those first rounders to get another RB1 THIS year.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I have been over critical of Dak but if he is able to exploit the stacked boxes I will be his biggest Fan. . . I believe Kitna and Moore do give him his best chance to succeed.

For the record I own a Dak Jersey.

I am hoping that he exploits the stacked boxes so that Zeke runs for 2000. . . I would love to see a Cowboy RB achieve that
I think a lot of the time people take Dak criticism as hateful. I'm a huge Dak fan, I certainly think he is a franchise QB. He has to get better though and I think he will. I'm not crazy about paying him 33 million a year. I made a post about how Dak compares to recent QBs and I wouldn't feel comfortable paying a lot of those guys after three years either. Most young QBs have questions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The offense is not changing much. We are still a run first team. Dak is not a 40 pass a game quarterback. The offensive line a better run blockers then pass blockers. Zeke ain't going nowhere.

I think the transition from a run first team needs to begin this season. They certainly brought in Moore to take the passing game to a new level. The offensive line is now healthy. I expect to see the passing game begin to take over as the season moves along and in the years to come.

I agree that Zeke is going nowhere. But if he holds out, he wont be playing. So that would force more on the passing game. Which I would like to see.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I think the transition from a run first team needs to begin this season. They certainly brought in Moore to take the passing game to a new level. The offensive line is now healthy. I expect to see the passing game begin to take over as the season moves along and in the years to come.

I agree that Zeke is going nowhere. But if he holds out, he wont be playing. So that would force more on the passing game. Which I would like to see.
Totally agree. I'm all in on Zeke but yes, the offense has to change. Dallas has to score more points plain and simple.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Cooper, Gallup, Witten and Cobb are not exactly slouches. Plus with 3 legitimate WRs, Witten will receive less attention from defenses and have more freedom to do his thing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t suck. He’s just not worth big money.

I’d rather see the team invest in the rest of the roster and draft another QB then give Dak stupid money and see the team around him deteriorate.

He is worth every penny. So you would rather blow another 4-10 years trying to find the next Dak then pay the current Dak and keep winning?

This team is finally loaded after 20 years and you want to bring in some rookie QB? LOL

Thank the heavens you don't run this team.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Totally agree. I'm all in on Zeke but yes, the offense has to change. Dallas has to score more points plain and simple.

Linehan overused Zeke incorrectly which is why he racked up the yards but not the TDs to go with them. I also hope to see Dak run more, 6 rushing TDs a season means he should have the ball in his hands at the second level more often.

Batman1980

Reaction score
He is worth every penny. So you would rather blow another 4-10 years trying to find the next Dak then pay the current Dak and keep winning?

This team is finally loaded after 20 years and you want to bring in some rookie QB? LOL

Thank the heavens you don't run this team.

Best 4th round pick in the history of this storied franchise and possibly one of the best 4th round picks in the history of the NFL.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It could happen. Dak appears to be improving, the offensive line is healthy, and we seem to have 3 good wide receivers that will open things up. I just want the defense to be dominant.

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s the easiest position in football to replace. Not ridiculous at all.

No it isn't that's Ridicoulous. It's only easy if you have a good to great OLine. Have you ever played real football...lol
Even with just a good oline you better have a good RB.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
It might sound unfair to Dak but its just because I love and Admire the power and strength of Zeke and I see how other teams respect him so much.

In the nineties I felt Farve would have been better with a RB and I felt Barry Sanders would have been better with a QB.

But it was the Cowboys who had both and I realize that is why we were the team of the 90's.
Zeke is the greatest RB to come into the league in 15 years and Dak can't even exploit that except for a winning Cowboys record.

He has exploited it. Did you watch 2016? did you see him go toe to toe with Rodgers? It was the defense that let this team down and has for years. Just as they did last season. No qb does it all. Romo tried for years without a defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No it isn't that's Ridicoulous. It's only easy if you have a good to great OLine. Have you ever played real football...lol
Even with just a good oline you better have a good RB.

NFL they are all good RBs.

Volume leads to production in the nfl.

And yes I’ve played real football and playing real football has nothing to do with the common knowledge that RB is the easiest position to replace but I’m also talking to the guy who thinks Garrett is a good coach.

starfan1

Reaction score
if someone offered several 1st rounders for Zeke..I think then,ONLY then, would I consider it. If Duke Johnson or Chubb is part of the deal and lets say our trade partner was the Browns...I would jump all over that.[/

Me too but unlikely

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We would be better without Zeke? Where the Bulls better without Jordan?

If you watch the video (you obviously didn't) he spends a few minutes explaining how the NBA is different than the NFL, and he's right by the way.