Video: Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys overvalue their draft picks while other teams admit their mistakes

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That 5th rounder for Bland says otherwise. Bad drafting teams do not value draft picks.

kskboys

Reaction score
That 5th rounder for Bland says otherwise. Bad drafting teams do not value draft picks.
2nd for Schooner throws a big ol' wrench into it. Good drafting teams do not take project picks at positions of non-need in the 2nd.

kskboys

Reaction score
Doing nothing gets nothing. The Cowboys have holes and there are players they could have went after. This team isn't going to compete for a Superbowl with the players they have. A lot of key players are getting old and the window has already closed. Jerry said in an interview that he was happy with his guys.
Yeah, but these holes should've been fixed in the off.

Once again, Jerry fails at IDing and addressing problems. He simply cannot see a problem coming until it stares him in the face. And kicks him on the shin. Maybe rolls him around in cowpoop while bashing him w/ bamboo.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Does that mean since we characteristically draft like crapp in the 2nd round that we might as well trade our 2nd?
Short answer: No. The logic escapes me.

Longer answer: Unless analysis would reveal that that is the common outcome of most NFL teams, it remains true that there is opportunity there in those slots 33-64 and that we simply have to adjust our strategy for how we make decisions there. And there's also dumb luck... or what research methods grad students might prefer to call "error"... that may explain the lesser success in those slots. That's a math calculation someone could conceivably run.

CoachD

Reaction score
Look people it's a proven fact Colin doesn't watch the games instead he pays a fantasy football 18-year-old intern nerd to give him some numbers on Monday morning and that's it.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
2nd for Schooner throws a big ol' wrench into it. Good drafting teams do not take project picks at positions of non-need in the 2nd.
Nor do they develop a reputation of wasted second round picks on felons off the field, injury reclamation projects, and reaches for players who could be had in later rounds.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Is his job just to complain and criticize people that actually DO SOMETHING?
Yeah, that's called journalism and it has been around for a long time.

Also, what's your angle here? What has been so outstanding about the Cowboys that warrants you picking up the Aegis & Excalibur?

Are people not allowed to speculate and criticize? What makes Jerry immune to that?

Do you just want us to shut up? Don't want to hear what we have to say? Want to force us to think like you do?

Why does criticism of Jerry make you so defensive?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We found out against the 49ers we’re not one or two players away. If the Joneses thought we were a player or two away they would’ve made a move. It’s almost like some fans didn’t care who the Cowboys traded for as long as it was someone, just to show they care.
Even if you are not two players away you still take advantage any time you can. Add a piece for depth and/or will help out in the near future. This isn't nearly as complicated as many of you would like everyone to believe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that's called journalism and it has been around for a long time.

Also, what's your angle here? What has been so outstanding about the Cowboys that warrants you picking up the Aegis & Excalibur?

Are people not allowed to speculate and criticize? What makes Jerry immune to that?

Do you just want us to shut up? Don't want to hear what we have to say? Want to force us to think like you do?

Why does criticism of Jerry make you so defensive?
Say whatever you want. I’m referring to a talking head who’s never done anything criticizing those who do.

Shane612

Reaction score
Is his job just to complain and criticize people that actually DO SOMETHING?
Well, that's what "analysts" do?
I think you're looking for consultants. It's their job to find solutions to problems.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
This is rich coming from the guy that said losing Schultz would ruin the offense

ICP

Reaction score
As much as I dislike cowturd, I agree with him on this one

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even if you are not two players away you still take advantage any time you can. Add a piece for depth and/or will help out in the near future. This isn't nearly as complicated as many of you would like everyone to believe.
If I’m not a player or two away, I would rather use the pick or picks on players in the draft. If you trade for a player who ends up not helping you, you’ll have to move on the following season or re-sign them. I would rather have a player or two with those picks that may end up becoming great players and I’ll have them on their rookie contracts for a few seasons.

fivetwos

Reaction score
does anybody?
shock-shocked.gif
I’m pretty sure that’s when String tells Bey “shorty was cop.” Season one.

There’s nothing better than that series, not before it, not after it. There just isn’t. Seen it four times. Time for a fifth.

kskboys

Reaction score
Short answer: No. The logic escapes me.

Longer answer: Unless analysis would reveal that that is the common outcome of most NFL teams, it remains true that there is opportunity there in those slots 33-64 and that we simply have to adjust our strategy for how we make decisions there. And there's also dumb luck... or what research methods grad students might prefer to call "error"... that may explain the lesser success in those slots. That's a math calculation someone could conceivably run.ou were discussing worth of draft picks.
You were discussing worth of draft picks. We've thrown our 2nd away almost every year. Wouldn't that make them worth less?
Absolutely. We need to adjust our 2nd round strategy. Of that there is no doubt.