Video: Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys overvalue their draft picks while other teams admit their mistakes

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think there is truth to the idea that the cowboys overvalue their own players at times.

That being said, Cowherd is the worst messenger to deliver analysis because he has zero credibility.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
we all do it, even moreso in our fantasy drafts as this is how you build a team more successfully than poor spending

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeez he should have been here in the late 90s-2015 :lmao:

starfan1

Reaction score
I think there is truth to the idea that the cowboys overvalue their own players at times.

That being said, Cowherd is the worst messenger to deliver analysis because he has zero credibility.
Ya I didnt even look at the link because its him but looking at the title there is merit to us over valuing our picks. The fact that we paid Jaylon Smith still puzzles me. When its time to cut ties the boys are usually too late

rambo2

Reaction score
whats he right about? The Cowboys would love to get an all pro left tackle.... but they simply evaluate the cost and in THEIR OPINION the cost isnt worth it.

So the Niners have gone all out. They traded away a ton to get Cmac... and they are currently on a three game losing streak. Now they gave away a 3rd for young who is a free agent next year. So they rented him for half the season for a 3rd round pick.

Now if the niners win a SB, great... but if they dont win it this year, they are screwed. Nobody knows how this will end up... but how dominant can Young be when the team didnt even pick up his 5th year?

EVERY TEAM has weak spots.... its the nature of the beast in a salary cap era. Our roster is young and extremely talented. We will lose Tyron next year. We will have Cee Dee and Parsons to deal with. This team can not be stupid right now IMO. This team IS good enough to make the SB and there is no way you can convince me any team in the NFC is that much better than Dallas, and if you believe that, you can also not convince me that getting 1 more player will be the thing that puts us over the top.

BUT, no matter what we do, Collin knows his bread is buttered talking about the Cowboys. Negative talk brings in as many viewers as positive talk about the Cowboys.
The 49ers aren't going to win a Super Bowl.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't think he was saying we "overvalue our future draft capital".... I think he meant we hold onto actual players we drafted way too long that are busts, instead of cutting bait (and the player) and admitting the mistake.

This had nothing to do with closing to not trade at the deadline
Note to Colin, Cowboys are on their way to a 12 win season for the 3rd year in a row.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Note to Colin, Cowboys are on their way to a 12 win season for the 3rd year in a row.
and im thinking only the chiefs can say they have done that.... and their roster isnt as good as ours.... they just have te great equalizer.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
How does TJ Bass compare to any of the guards drafted in the 2nd round this year? Bass has shown starter potential. Bass would quite possibly be starting if Martin and Tyler Smith were not ahead of him.

The Cowboys hit on both Bass and Richards. If there were a redraft today, both Richards and Bass go much higher.
Bass wasn't drafted. He was a UDFA.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is his true value. Once playoffs come and if we make to facing the eagles / 49ers pray he can justify his current contract
So he's worth 10 million less than Daniel Jones? And 25 million less than Jalen Hurts? Be honest with yourself first you don't have to like the guy but at least be honest with yourself lol.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only threads of Reality's that I do not like is his Cowturd ones.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I might be wrong, but I do try to and keep up with what the talking heads pick because I like to expose myself to diverse opinions before I make my bets, but I feel like I remember him taking the Cowboys and the points this week. I remember that one of his 5 because it was the one I was also putting money on and I was suddenly going "wait a sec" because I figured most people would be going the other way on that game.
He may have, but he was definitely talking up the Rams and listing them as his #10 team before the game, and running them down after. Here's the video in question:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Cowturd thought the Rams would make the playoffs and had the Giants ahead of us in the division. For most of the offseason he thought we would miss the playoffs while Carolina, Chicago and Atlanta would take our place. He said MM is trash, Dak is a B quarterback, the defense is overrated, and the Eagles would sweep us. Then laughed when the Ringer said Dak is better than Hurts. Yes, I keep receipts. :thumbup:
Keep the receipt where he says watch Philly this week against us. Can’t wait for Monday to see all these media gurus curl up.

Adreme

Reaction score
He may have, but he was definitely talking up the Rams and listing them as his #10 team before the game, and running them down after. Here's the video in question:

I actually in the time found the segment I was thinking of on YouTube. He picks the Cowboys -7 to cover because they simply outclass the Rams in the trenches. Probably the only good take in that entire segment.

Steve007

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Cowherd that Washington didn’t hit on Chase Young. He’s missed 23 games due to injuries. He has 6.5 sacks his last three seasons.
The point is other teams see they need to try and improve while Jerry doesn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The point is other teams see they need to try and improve while Jerry doesn't.
There’s no guarantees trading for a player is going to improve you. Teams are going to continue losing players to injury before the end of the season. There’s no point in giving up a pick for next April if you can’t add the right player. Decades ago the Vikings traded the farm for Herschel Walker, and it didn’t help them, but it’s certainly helped the Cowboys. Trades during the season can backfire. It’s not always easy fitting a player in from another team during the season.

Steve007

Reaction score
There’s no guarantees trading for a player is going to improve you. Teams are going to continue losing players to injury before the end of the season. There’s no point in giving up a pick for next April if you can’t add the right player. Decades ago the Vikings traded the farm for Herschel Walker, and it didn’t help them, but it’s certainly helped the Cowboys. Trades during the season can backfire. It’s not always easy fitting a player in from another team during the season.
There is no guarantee. If a team isn't good enough to get deep into the playoffs and the FO stands pat then your team doesn't get better.