Video: Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys overvalue their draft picks while other teams admit their mistakes

shabazz

Reaction score
It must be nice to get paid to simply criticize without having to do any of the work involved to actually come up with a solution.

:facepalm:
the frustrating part is that the Lions, Niners, Seahawks and Eagles all traded for starters to address areas of deficiencies. No matter what the excuse, we stood pat as usual when it comes to acquiring Free agents in their PRIME.

I respect fans that agree with Jerry that the roster is fine as it is……but I hope I don’t see the same folks complaining about lack of receivers, rbs , or pass protection.

Jerry will claim that he couldn’t find the right situation but somehow our 4 NFC adversaries were able to get it done. A lot of us aren’t buying it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is no guarantee. If a team isn't good enough to get deep into the playoffs and the FO stands pat then your team doesn't get better.
I don’t see a player we could have added that was going to put us ahead of San Francisco and Philly. The players we added in the draft from this past April have done little to nothing. Losing Diggs was a big loss.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the frustrating part is that the Lions, Niners, Seahawks and Eagles all traded for starters to address areas of deficiencies. No matter what the excuse, we stood pat as usual when it comes to acquiring Free agents in their PRIME.

I respect fans that agree with Jerry that the roster is fine as it is……but I hope I don’t see the same folks complaining about lack of receivers, rbs , or pass protection.

Jerry will claim that he couldn’t find the right situation but somehow our 4 NFC adversaries were able to get it done. A lot of us aren’t buying it.
If there were players at those positions who were actually traded, I could see fans’ frustration. But that didn’t happen.

Steve007

Reaction score
I don’t see a player we could have added that was going to put us ahead of San Francisco and Philly. The players we added in the draft from this past April have done little to nothing. Losing Diggs was a big loss.
Doing nothing gets nothing. The Cowboys have holes and there are players they could have went after. This team isn't going to compete for a Superbowl with the players they have. A lot of key players are getting old and the window has already closed. Jerry said in an interview that he was happy with his guys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doing nothing gets nothing. The Cowboys have holes and there are players they could have went after. This team isn't going to compete for a Superbowl with the players they have. A lot of key players are getting old and the window has already closed. Jerry said in an interview that he was happy with his guys.
If the Cowboys aren’t going to compete for a Super Bowl with the players they have, it’s not going to help adding another player or two. If you feel a lot of key players are getting old and the window has already closed, adding another player or two isn’t going to make a difference. To fix the issues we have it’s going to take an offseason. Our current draft class has provided little to nothing and we miscalculated at RB. Our OL has issues. We need to save our draft picks.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Cowherd won't mention:
SF dropped three in a row
Dallas is 11-0 at home the last two years under McCarthy
Brock Purdy blue print is out
Philly got smashed by the Jets without Sauce Gardner, we blew 'em out
Marquis Bell and Daron Bland are PFF top rated, they're our backups
Dak Prescott is 8-3 against the Eagles and the bye week helped
Chase Young has 13 sacks in 4 years and wants a long term contract, he's a glass man
Detroit got beat 38-6 at the Ravens two weeks ago

_sturt_

Reaction score

Weak.

When you characteristically draft well, that on its own makes your draft picks worth more.

But those draft picks increase in value to your own team, naturally, as you have fewer of them in inventory.

This strikes me as gaslighting by someone who knows Dallas Cowboy fans' attention is gold for people like him.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Cowherd won't mention:
SF dropped three in a row
Dallas is 11-0 at home the last two years under McCarthy
Brock Purdy blue print is out
Philly got smashed by the Jets without Sauce Gardner, we blew 'em out
Marquis Bell and Daron Bland are PFF top rated, they're our backups
Dak Prescott is 8-3 against the Eagles and the bye week helped
Chase Young has 13 sacks in 4 years and wants a long term contract, he's a glass man
Detroit got beat 38-6 at the Ravens two weeks ago
Did him mention that the Cowboys lost to the worst team in the NFL?

shabazz

Reaction score
If there were players at those positions who were actually traded, I could see fans’ frustration. But that didn’t happen.
that’s true but did anybody expect two starting defensive lineman from the Commanders to be traded?

They apparently received offers that were too good to turn down rather than being “shopped”.

Jerrys own word were , “ I’m not picking up the phone and dialing a team to make a trade”. ……unlike Howie Roseman and John Lynch who DID make the calls and made those offers.

Jerry’s ego and reluctance to admit his roster hasn’t worked out should disqualify him from being GM.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that’s true but did anybody expect two starting defensive lineman from the Commanders to be traded?

They apparently received offers that were too good to turn down rather than being “shopped”.

Jerrys own word were , “ I’m not picking up the phone and dialing a team to make a trade”. ……unlike Howie Roseman and John Lynch who DID make the calls and made those offers.

Jerry’s ego and reluctance to admit his roster hasn’t worked out should disqualify him from being GM.
It looks like you’re making an assumption about what happened with the other situations.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowherds opinions change with the teams performance on the field. Don’t take it personally fellas. Like every talking head, he gets some right and some wrong.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys aren’t going to compete for a Super Bowl with the players they have, it’s not going to help adding another player or two. We need to save our draft picks.
A very key point Cowboys fans fail to realize.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A very key point Cowboys fans fail to realize.
We found out against the 49ers we’re not one or two players away. If the Joneses thought we were a player or two away they would’ve made a move. It’s almost like some fans didn’t care who the Cowboys traded for as long as it was someone, just to show they care.

conner01

Reaction score
I mean Sweat is also having the better year. Even with nothing else being said about him Sweat is simply playing better this year.
He is now but what I like about him is he’s consistent. He’s had a better career though some of that is the fact he’s been on the field. A great player on the bench doesn’t help you. And sweat plays the run well too. I like sweat just didn’t like the price for a position that’s not a big need right now. To me a trade for him would have been more about going forward when Dlaw and Armstrong aren’t here. Him and Micah would be a really nice combo

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It must be nice to get paid to simply criticize without having to do any of the work involved to actually come up with a solution.

:facepalm:

He's a sports talkshow host. It's not his job to come up with a solution.

That's Jerry Jones' job. One he refuses to do.

kskboys

Reaction score
Leonard Williams would've fixed a lot.

kskboys

Reaction score
Weak.

When you characteristically draft well, that on its own makes your draft picks worth more.

But those draft picks increase in value to your own team, naturally, as you have fewer of them in inventory.

This strikes me as gaslighting by someone who knows Dallas Cowboy fans' attention is gold for people like him.
Does that mean since we characteristically draft like crapp in the 2nd round that we might as well trade our 2nd?