Cowherd

ESisback

Reaction score
Colin Cowherd went on a tirade today, screaming about people not endorsing Lebron James as The GOAT, basically saying those with a different opinion were stupid, and should shut up and go away. He doesn’t want to talk to them, he doesn’t want to hear it! I was amazed at his arrogant condescension, then pissed off by it, then realized that THAT had become the prevalent mindset in America these days—believe as we do, or shut up! This makes me want to go COMPLETELY the other way. People can NOT tell others how to think or feel!

Lebron may be physically superior, he might even have some superior stats, but it takes more than that to be The GOAT. It also matters what kind of a person he is, on AND off the court, how he carries himself, and how other people perceive him. You can’t MAKE people like or respect you, and there are way too many people who despise Lebron James. Sure, a lot of it IS petty jealousy and misperception, but people have seen and heard way too much over the years that says he’s a vain, petty, narcissist. It may sound unfair and wrong, but people just DON’T LIKE HIM, and the nonstop fawning by the media only makes it worse. Lebron James is too polarizing to ever be The Goat, and while I‘ve appreciated many of the stances Cowherd has taken on certain issues, today he crossed the line.

Hey Cowherd! You know what you can do with your condescending arrogance!

Last edited by a moderator:

joseephuss

Reaction score
I will state firstly that I don't think Lebron is the greatest. I think he is one of the greatest. Even though I think Jordan probably is most deserving of the title of G.O.A.T., there is so much involved that it really doesn't matter who one considers the greatest. They are probably right on some level no matter who they choose. Why does the way you carry yourself off the court matter? Michael Jordan was not a perfect person off the court. If he played in today's era with all the social media awareness he probably wouldn't be viewed in the same manner. And as far as Cowherd, come back tomorrow when his opinion is completely flipped.

ESisback

Reaction score
I will state firstly that I don't think Lebron is the greatest. I think he is one of the greatest. Even though I think Jordan probably is most deserving of the title of G.O.A.T., there is so much involved that it really doesn't matter who one considers the greatest. They are probably right on some level no matter who they choose. Why does the way you carry yourself off the court matter? Michael Jordan was not a perfect person off the court. If he played in today's era with all the social media awareness he probably wouldn't be viewed in the same manner. And as far as Cowherd, come back tomorrow when his opinion is completely flipped.

Just don’t like Cowherd’s attitude toward people with a different opinion. I agree that Jordan was no angel, but there are A LOT of reasons for people to dislike Lebron. The special TV show to announce he was “taking my talents to South Beach”; the eyerolling presser with the whole “not one, not two, not three”; jumping to new ‘Super Team’ every few years; telling the media that people want his opinion on non sports issues; his arrogance about his status; his cries of oppression; the nonstop fawning by the media, etc. Too many people dislike Lebron for him to be the GOAT.

kskboys

Reaction score
Couldn't pull it up, but I've never heard Colin speak that way to people. I'm calling BS on this. Link?

ESisback

Reaction score
Couldn't pull it up, but I've never heard Colin speak that way to people. I'm calling BS on this. Link?
Why would you call BS? Are you calling me a liar? I saw it live on his show Thursday on FS1. I don’t have a link presently, but I’ll look. In the meantime, you owe me an apology!

ESisback

Reaction score
I looked, but I found no link. You’re just gonna have to trust me on this. I saw it. I heard it. It’s real, period.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why would you call BS? Are you calling me a liar? I saw it live on his show Thursday on FS1. I don’t have a link presently, but I’ll look. In the meantime, you owe me an apology!
I will be glad to apologize when I hear it/see it.

I've never heard Cowherd call people stupid for disagreeing w/ him. Sounds completely out of character to me. I would be very interested in this happenstance.

ESisback

Reaction score
I will be glad to apologize when I hear it/see it.

I've never heard Cowherd call people stupid for disagreeing w/ him. Sounds completely out of character to me. I would be very interested in this happenstance.

So you think I’m a liar? Or am I merely delusional with no reading comprehension? Why can’t you take my word for it?

He really said that Lebron critics can go talk amongst themselves—he didn’t wanna hear it. I can’t remember the exact words, but his meaning was quite clear—Condescension city!

kskboys

Reaction score
So you think I’m a liar? Or am I merely delusional with no reading comprehension? Why can’t you take my word for it?

He really said that Lebron critics can go talk amongst themselves—he didn’t wanna hear it. I can’t remember the exact words, but his meaning was quite clear—Condescension city!
You're taking this way too personal.

ESisback

Reaction score

K, I related what I heard, and you said “I call BS”! How am I SUPPOSED TO take it? I can picture you saying “I disagree” with someone like CC, but I just can’t imagine you saying “I call BS”!

I’m not mad, just disappointed.

kskboys

Reaction score
K, I related what I heard, and you said “I call BS”! How am I SUPPOSED TO take it? I can picture you saying “I disagree” with someone like CC, but I just can’t imagine you saying “I call BS”!

I’m not mad, just disappointed.
You can be disappointed if you want, but what you're saying Cowherd said is out of character for him. I searched for quite a while trying to find it, and couldn't. I'll be looking again, and if he really said that I'll apologize profusely. How about you, if he didn't say it you going to apologize to me?

ESisback

Reaction score
You can be disappointed if you want, but what you're saying Cowherd said is out of character for him. I searched for quite a while trying to find it, and couldn't. I'll be looking again, and if he really said that I'll apologize profusely. How about you, if he didn't say it you going to apologize to me?

I HEARD him say it! Why would I apologize? I didn’t make it up! I didn’t call what YOU said BS, either!

I have agreed with a lot of things he’s said in the past, but the condescending tones I heard from him the other day crossed the line.

ESisback

Reaction score
K! Here it is:

youtu.be/RCL3PaGXr3c

He mentions the morons that want to debate the elections, and other various crackpots, and lumps them in with those that argue against Lebron being The GOAT. I can understand not wanting to hear that other crap, but the huge “anti” Lebron crowd is different, and has viable points—he’s condescending with those people too. He doesn’t wanna hear it!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd went on a tirade today, screaming about people not endorsing Lebron James as The GOAT, basically saying those with a different opinion were stupid, and should shut up and go away. He doesn’t want to talk to them, he doesn’t want to hear it! I was amazed at his arrogant condescension, then pissed off by it, then realized that THAT had become the prevalent mindset in America these days—believe as we do, or shut up! This makes me want to go COMPLETELY the other way. People can NOT tell others how to think or feel!

Lebron may be physically superior, he might even have some superior stats, but it takes more than that to be The GOAT. It also matters what kind of a person he is, on AND off the court, how he carries himself, and how other people perceive him. You can’t MAKE people like or respect you, and there are way too many people who despise Lebron James. Sure, a lot of it IS petty jealousy and misperception, but people have seen and heard way too much over the years that says he’s a vain, petty, narcissist. It may sound unfair and wrong, but people just DON’T LIKE HIM, and the nonstop fawning by the media only makes it worse. Lebron James is too polarizing to ever be The Goat, and while I‘ve appreciated many of the stances Cowherd has taken on certain issues, today he crossed the line.

Thread title is wrong. It should be Cowturd. Mods please adjust.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
K! Here it is:

youtu.be/RCL3PaGXr3c

He mentions the morons that want to debate the elections, and other various crackpots, and lumps them in with those that argue against Lebron being The GOAT. I can understand not wanting to hear that other crap, but the huge “anti” Lebron crowd is different, and has viable points—he’s condescending with those people too. He doesn’t wanna hear it!
The two "arguments" definitely arent comparable. I respect Lebron's career fully, but he hasn't reached a level to where he is the unquestioned GOAT.

ESisback

Reaction score
The two "arguments" definitely arent comparable. I respect Lebron's career fully, but he hasn't reached a level to where he is the unquestioned GOAT.

I agree, and for a lot of people, he never will be The GOAT!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Lebrons personality off the court should not have anything to do with how we perceive him being the GOAT or not .

In your little tirade here you never even mentioned any discussion about whether he was one of the GOAT players.

Im not certain he is the GOAT but he’s certainly in the discussion. I think he’s no doubt the best of this era. And I certainly can see why someone would present such an argument in his favor.

But if I was judging with his off the court behavior , community involvement and philanthropy I’d place him well ahead of Jordan in that regard.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
K! Here it is:

youtu.be/RCL3PaGXr3c

I wasn’t a big Lebron fan in the beginning mainly cause I don’t prefer athletes who skip college. But he grew on me over time. I rooted against him in Miami cause didn’t like how that was manufactured.

But again his achievements finally won me over. And his off field and social involvement did as well.

I think as usual we have a segment who naturally root against success if they aren’t on their team. And another segment who are against the Activist stances he stands for. I think more athletes should use their stage to influence public perception.

I didn’t watch this episode and not much of a fan of Collin since he moved to Fox as he’s become more of a Troll. Which sounds like what he’s done here sparking a reaction for air time.

But Lebron deserves to be in the discussion for GOAT despite anyone’s personal feelings. And anyone who can’t set their personal feelings aside are the ones I’m not interested in their opinions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It sounds like Cowturd was simply calling out the Lebron haters.

And the OP in his opening statement was more about Lebrons personal stature than his accomplishments and talent on the court. And these are probably the fans he was calling out.

And if you’re one of those fans you probably were offended. They don’t like being told their opinions , prejudices are ridiculous and meaningless to the conversation.