93758be2fbc84b8fa630a0901eed5d4a.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My friend Stash.......:lmao2:

93758be2fbc84b8fa630a0901eed5d4a.gif

9be3de42-d985-4108-9309-b338b03d7542_800.gif

I'm not currently having this guy counting for $8 million of my salary cap.

I'm not counting on a player over 30 trying to come back from surgery on both hips.

I'm not kidding myself thinking that this guy can play RDE.

Unlike this team, I'm doing fine.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The training camp warrior. Typical cowboy. Has shown promise, has some ability, gets used at his weakest positions cause he's flexible, but at least he fights thru injuries that hinder his performance.

John813

Reaction score
They are afraid he'll release a bunch of Canadian geese into the Stadium if they cut him.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’ll never understand why fans hold Crawford’s salary against him. He’s a very good, solid player. He has started at DT and DE, and while he is not a Superstar, some of our best years defensively in recent years have come with him in the lineup. He makes us a better team against the run, and he keeps the QB in the pocket.
It’s not his fault Jerry overpaid, and the Cowboys can easily sign Griffen or anyone else they want without his salary. If they needed the money, they’d get it.

Right now they need him in the rotation, maybe as a starter.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’ll never understand why fans hold Crawford’s salary against him. He’s a very good, solid player. He has started at DT and DE, and while he is not a Superstar, some of our best years defensively in recent years have come with him in the lineup. He makes us a better team against the run, and he keeps the QB in the pocket.
It’s not his fault Jerry overpaid, and the Cowboys can easily sign Griffen or anyone else they want without his salary. If they needed the money, they’d get it.

Because his extension was stupid. He never even earned the extension. And when we drafted ty craw it was for the 5t in a 3-4. We gave him an extension when we were now running a 4-3. He's a jag and was always a jag and got paid like a pro bowler. I don't know what it is and the defensive side of the ball on this team that is in constant love with jags. Bumdrick, brandon carr, barry church, ty craw, pick any DT over the past decade. Bryon would be on that list but he moved from safety. now he's just above average. Crawford needs to be cut or take a pay cut.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll never understand why fans hold Crawford’s salary against him.

Seriously? Look again. And again. As many times as you need to until you figure it out.

He’s a very good, solid player.

Smart teams don't pay $8 - $10 million a year for "solid players".

He has started at DT and DE, and while he is not a Superstar, some of our best years defensively in recent years have come with him in the lineup. He makes us a better team against the run, and he keeps the QB in the pocket.

When that's the best someone can say trying to defend him, that says it all.

It’s not his fault Jerry overpaid,

It's his "fault" he's never been worth the contract. Never been good enough. That's his fault.

and the Cowboys can easily sign Griffen or anyone else they want without his salary. If they needed the money, they’d get it.

And they can roll over any and all excess cap money they have. This doesn't make keeping him at $8 million any less dumb.

Where?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because his extension was stupid. He never even earned the extension. And when we drafted ty craw it was for the 5t in a 3-4. We gave him an extension when we were now running a 4-3. He's a jag and was always a jag and got paid like a pro bowler. I don't know what it is and the defensive side of the ball on this team that is in constant love with jags. Bumdrick, brandon carr, barry church, ty craw, pick any DT over the past decade. Bryon would be on that list but he moved from safety. now he's just above average. Crawford needs to be cut or take a pay cut.

It was Marinelli.

And now that he's thankfully gone, his never-was pet project should be too.

Smart teams aren't doing dumb things like this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like Crawford as a spot player, a role player. NOT A STARTER. He cannot hold up and isn't starter quality. Saying that, I love his motor and the depth he offers. He's not going anywhere this year. I been pounding the table all offseason for us to draft a big boy edge guy to take his place day 1. That guy is Alton Robinson in my opinion. The Syracuse DE that tore up the senior Bowl. If you missed it, its worth another watch. He was dominant. His power,heavy handed hand placement and technique is NFL CALIBER. He is ahead by leaps and bounds, of where Crawford is. STARTER DAY 1. Great value pick at 51. Plug and play.He has been my Pet cat ever since I watched him at the bowl game. Then I went and watched Syracuse tape, and the guy is consistent. He just had no help. He is better than Gross Matos at this point. If you wanna a Comp for this guy, think Clyde Simmons. He can play the 5, the 3. He's not a Chaisson type,,a pure sack master. He's not that. He is a down and dirty mean power rusher that is also a solid run stuffer. He would fit beautifully in a 3-4 too.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I think Crawford's past extension was symptomatic of a lack of defensive line depth. His words may be well meaning but easy to pick on as they imply he may not have wanted to win to the max in past seasons. Odds are if he stays healthy, he could have a season that may live up to one of his extended contract years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why has this dude not been cut yet?

Isn't he set to make like $8 million this year?

LOL ....you guys are on cut the player but the FO hasn't even asked him to take a pay cut. What does that tell you? It should also be noted he has apparently now impressed TWO different coaching staffs. I say this coz I'm 100% confident if MM didn't want him on the team, he would have been cut already, especially with his non-guarantee money owed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think Crawford's past extension was symptomatic of a lack of defensive line depth. His words may be well meaning but easy to pick on as they imply he may not have wanted to win to the max in past seasons. Odds are if he stays healthy, he could have a season that may live up to one of his extended contract years.

100% .......actually his words are that surprising considering he's coming off a season-ending injury. The time off helps a lot of players appreciate the game and their careers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL ....you guys are on cut the player but the FO hasn't even asked him to take a pay cut. What does that tell you?

That they continue to make the same mistake on this player that they have for years. What does it tell you?

It should also be noted he has apparently now impressed TWO different coaching staffs. I say this coz I'm 100% confident if MM didn't want him on the team, he would have been cut already, especially with his non-guarantee money owed.

Then I'd say you're flat out wrong.

Just because he hasn't been cut yet doesn't mean McCarthy or his staff are "impressed" with him. Contracts still go through Jerry Jones as the self-appointed GM last time I checked.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I like Crawford as a spot player, a role player. NOT A STARTER. He cannot hold up and isn't starter quality. Saying that, I love his motor and the depth he offers. He's not going anywhere this year. I been pounding the table all offseason for us to draft a big boy edge guy to take his place day 1. That guy is Alton Robinson in my opinion. The Syracuse DE that tore up the senior Bowl. If you missed it, its worth another watch. He was dominant. His power,heavy handed hand placement and technique is NFL CALIBER. He is ahead by leaps and bounds, of where Crawford is. STARTER DAY 1. Great value pick at 51. Plug and play.He has been my Pet cat ever since I watched him at the bowl game. Then I went and watched Syracuse tape, and the guy is consistent. He just had no help. He is better than Gross Matos at this point. If you wanna a Comp for this guy, think Clyde Simmons. He can play the 5, the 3. He's not a Chaisson type,,a pure sack master. He's not that. He is a down and dirty mean power rusher that is also a solid run stuffer. He would fit beautifully in a 3-4 too.
You can't say this AND complain about the run defense. Crawford an excellent run defender at DE.

Alton Robinson is poor against the run...you're just way off on him. He's 6'3, 265...never going to play 3- or 5-tech.