Twitter: Crawford: Never wanted more then I do right now

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That they continue to make the same mistake on this player that they have for years. What does it tell you?

Then I'd say you're flat out wrong.

Just because he hasn't been cut yet doesn't mean McCarthy or his staff are "impressed" with him. Contracts still go through Jerry Jones as the self-appointed GM last time I checked.

Perhaps the word impressed is a bit strong but let me ask you this....

They've let Heath, Witten, Quinn, Collins, Byron Jones all walk but ole Crawford is still here. They've even restructured a couple of players' contracts but not Crawford. Why is that???? Stash, you honestly think Crawford would be on the team now if MM wanted him gone? Jerry would veto his new coach's desire to get rid of a so-called overpaid player with only a year left on his contract, coming off a season-ending injury. As it stands RIGHT NOW, he's the starting RDE.

I guess it's possible they could very well be waiting to evaluate Smith and Gregory up close after/if/once they are reinstated before making a final decision on Crawford. But as a rule, it's unlike Jerry to hang his starting ( former ) player out the dry if he's not part of their plans. We'll see..........

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
u can talk like this when u know the season probably wont be played typical cowboys players bravado

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps the word impressed is a bit strong but let me ask you this....

They've let Heath, Witten, Quinn, Collins, Byron Jones all walk but ole Crawford is still here.

Free agent, free agent, free agent, free agent, free agent, not free agent. Do you see the pattern?

They've even restructured a couple of players' contracts but not Crawford. Why is that????

How exactly do you "restructure" a contract in its last year?

Stash, you honestly think Crawford would be on the team now if MM wanted him gone? Jerry would veto his new coach's desire to get rid of a so-called overpaid player with only a year left on his contract, coming off a season-ending injury.

I'm saying it's a money issue and that falls under the Jones-the-GM area of influence.

As it stands RIGHT NOW, he's the starting RDE.
Then the team will continue to screw themselves at the position. You go ahead and tell me how many sacks Crawford has gotten you from that "starting RDE" position.

I guess it's possible they could very well be waiting to evaluate Smith and Gregory up close after/if/once they are reinstated before making a final decision on Crawford. But as a rule, it's unlike Jerry to hang his starting ( former ) player out the dry if he's not part of their plans. We'll see..........

No, it's clear that Jerry and the team have made mistakes regarding this player and this contract from the very beginning. Seeing them continue to do so is not new, just more of the same poor decision-making that we've come to expect. They were wrong when they signed the extension in the first place. They were wrong two years ago. They were certainly wrong last year. And they're wrong right now as well. History bears that out.

hqdefault.jpg

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Free agent, free agent, free agent, free agent, free agent, not free agent. Do you see the pattern?

How exactly do you "restructure" a contract in its last year?

I'm saying it's a money issue and that falls under the Jones-the-GM area of influence.

Then the team will continue to screw themselves at the position. You go ahead and tell me how many sacks Crawford has gotten you from that "starting RDE" position.

No, it's clear that Jerry and the team have made mistakes regarding this player and this contract from the very beginning. Seeing them continue to do so is not new, just more of the same poor decision-making that we've come to expect. They were wrong when they signed the extension in the first place. They were wrong two years ago. They were certainly wrong last year. And they're wrong right now as well. History bears that out.

hqdefault.jpg

:huh: Still not sure you answered my question (LOL) .....let me ask it again

Do you think Crawford would still be on the team if MM wanted him gone?????

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve never thought about it but Crawford looks a lot like Aaron Hernandez.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He has never wanted that paycheck more than he does right now. He wants that last 8 million.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh: Still not sure you answered my question (LOL) .....let me ask it again

Do you think Crawford would still be on the team if MM wanted him gone?????

I don't think McCarthy 'wants him gone'. But neither does that mean that he, not any of the new staff are "impressed" with him as you inferred.

Again, take note of that disconnect in your reasoning I pointed out and how you grouped Crawford into situations with unrelated players.

Unlike those free agent Crawford is currently under contract - a Jerry Jones contract. Just because McCarthy isn't screaming and pounding the table saying "Crawford has to go", it certainly doesn't mean he's "impressed" or endorsing him. It's a contract issue that fulls under the purview of the GM. And as far as actions go, McCarthy and Tomsula just went out and signed Aldon Smith at RDE.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What is he getting paid like 9 million per year? You can see just how grossly overpaid he is. What did we sign McCoy and Poe for something like 5 million per year?

That sounds about right. It should be just the reverse, by the looks of things!
I read Jerry even stated that there'd be no pay cut for him! That's nuts!:omg:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That sounds about right. It should be just the reverse, by the looks of things!
I read Jerry even stated that there'd be no pay cut for him! That's nuts!:omg:

Jerry is the worst GM on the planet. And he clearly inflated the egos of guys like Dak and Zeke telling them how great they were for years.

John813

Reaction score
Cowboys can't, or don't want to cut him, without at least Crawford passing a physical.
That's if they did want to move on.