Twitter: Crawford: Never wanted more then I do right now

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course not the entire scheme change but If I called Nolan made it clear we'll see some both alignments. In fact, I think he was quoted as saying it just a matter of spacing.

I agree that we should expect to see some flexibility and concepts of both. Honestly, that's a big part of why I think they value Chaisson as much as I think they do. They're going to feature a stand up rusher on a regular basis in my opinion. Gregory-Smith-Chaisson.

My theory is that they want to improve the front seven and pass rush as much as possible to cover for a secondary in transition.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You can't say this AND complain about the run defense. Crawford an excellent run defender at DE.

Alton Robinson is poor against the run...you're just way off on him. He's 6'3, 265...never going to play 3- or 5-tech.
better go rewatch the tape and what scouts have said. I don't have the time to go round and round. No player is perfect.The guy has the tools and the girth.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Note to Crawford: your want has nothing to do with it. No matter how much you supposedly want it, you no longer have health or age on your side. Even your talent is a question mark right now. By the way, how much did you want it when you were swinging haymakers while drunk in a bar over some stupid stuff?

Do not let Crawford sniff a practice field without first agreeing to vet min plus incentives with no guaranteed money. Crawford stole enough money last year. Pay cut or go pound sand.

On second thought, just cut this guy. Let him steal money from the Skins or Giants while he is on IR.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Note to Crawford: your want has nothing to do with it. No matter how much you supposedly want it, you no longer have health or age on your side. Even your talent is a question mark right now. By the way, how much did you want it when you were swinging haymakers while drunk in a bar over some stupid stuff?

Do not let Crawford sniff a practice field without first agreeing to vet min plus incentives with no guaranteed money. Crawford stole enough money last year. Pay cut or go pound sand.

On second thought, just cut this guy. Let him steal money from the Skins or Giants while he is on IR.

Just look at 'how bad he wants' it here:

If only 'want to' meant a player was actually good.
:laugh:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
better go rewatch the tape and what scouts have said. I don't have the time to go round and round. No player is perfect.The guy has the tools and the girth.
He is 6'3, 265. He does not have the tools to be a 3 or 5 tech lol.

I watch every Cuse game, I don't need to watch the tape. He's not a strong player at the POA, so he will struggle against the run in the NFL. He is a 1-gap, penetration player. He's not at all what you're description of him is.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Is this what you're talking about?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-no-plans-to-reduce-tyrone-crawfords-contract

Another thing I just notice we need to keep in mine.......Crawford and Dak both are represented by Todd France. But not sure this has much impact coz Crawford has openly stated he's willing to take a pay-cut.

I saw something similar. What I read had a quote from Jerry, as well. This tells the same tale from an outside source but it's the same idea. I saw the statement that Crawford made quite a while back and he did say he was open to taking a pay cut. Evidently, that won't happen. :rolleyes:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Of course not. But I'd also expect you to support that claim that he hasn't underachieved the contract as well.
I don't consider being injured as "underachieving". When he has been available he has been versatile enough to play where every the Cowboys need him. There is a big difference on the body between training to be a DT and being a DE. Not enough people appreciate this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't consider being injured as "underachieving".

I consider underachieving underachieving.

When he has been available he has been versatile enough to play where every the Cowboys need him.

And none of that makes him worth the contract. Starters get paid $9 million a year, not 'where do we play him now?' guys.

There is a big difference on the body between training to be a DT and being a DE. Not enough people appreciate this.

I agree that it's never been fair to the player. But he took the money.

The fact is that he is - and always has been - a 3-4 DE. The best thing for player and team would have been to have let him go when the team decided they were no longer using that defensive scheme. He's been a round peg in a square hole ever since. And the team doubled down on dumb by thinking he was something he's not and has never been. Yet another screwjob from Rod Marinelli.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I consider underachieving underachieving.

And none of that makes him worth the contract. Starters get paid $9 million a year, not 'where do we play him now?' guys.

I agree that it's never been fair to the player. But he took the money.

The fact is that he is - and always has been - a 3-4 DE. The best thing for player and team would have been to have let him go when the team decided they were no longer using that defensive scheme. He's been a round peg in a square hole ever since. And the team doubled down on dumb by thinking he was something he's not and has never been. Yet another screwjob from Rod Marinelli.
He is a Swiss army knife on that DL. You underappreciate him is all. A difference of opinion... the only reason you asked for mine was so you could argue. :huh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I agree that we should expect to see some flexibility and concepts of both. Honestly, that's a big part of why I think they value Chaisson as much as I think they do. They're going to feature a stand up rusher on a regular basis in my opinion. Gregory-Smith-Chaisson.

My theory is that they want to improve the front seven and pass rush as much as possible to cover for a secondary in transition.

I'm sure I'd be solidly in favor of the C'boys taking Chaisson with pick #17 in round 1 and a CB with pick #81 in round 2. The DEs are scarce, while the CB crop should easily afford us an outstanding CB later, in round 2. I'm really hoping to see this scenario come to fruition in the draft. It'd be ideal, imho.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a Swiss army knife on that DL.

Jack of all trades, master of none. $9 million for a guy that doesn't even truly start. Wasting money.

You underappreciate him is all.

And the Cowboys and some fans overappreciate him. He's not worth what he's being paid. There's no arguing that.

A difference of opinion...

Yep, happens all the time.

the only reason you asked for mine was so you could argue. :huh:

Not true.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can appreciate the idea that Crawford wants to succeed but he is and always has been, a "tweener." He's neither suited as a DT, nor a DE. Too light as a DT and too slow to succeed as a DE. These are nothing other than being the typical limitations of a tweener. His talent is far from ideal to perform either position at the talent level his contract calls for. (Jmho) Nevertheless, here's hoping his professed desire makes up for it this season.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can appreciate the idea that Crawford wants to succeed but he is and always has been, a "tweener." He's neither suited as a DT, nor a DE. Too light as a DT and too slow to succeed as a DE. Those are nothing other than being the typical limitations of a tweener. His talent is far from ideal to perform either position at the talent level his contract calls for. (Jmho) Nevertheless, here's hoping his professed desire makes up for it this season.

Or he's gone?

Either one?

:huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure I'd be solidly in favor of the C'boys taking Chaisson with pick #17 in round 1 and a CB with pick #81 in round 2. The DEs are scarce, while the CB crop should easily afford us an outstanding CB later, in round 2. I'm really hoping to see this scenario come to fruition in the draft. It'd be ideal, imho.

2nd round is pick #51.

82 is the 3rd round.

But I agree, I'd love to get Chaisson at #17 and then a cornerback in round 2.

Chaisson - Diggs would be my ideal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
2nd round is pick #51.

82 is the 3rd round.

But I agree, I'd love to get Chaisson at #17 and then a cornerback in round 2.

Chaisson - Diggs would be my ideal.

Oops! I screwed the pooch on that one! I shoulda put #51 for round two.:omg:Anyway, I agree with your correction. ;) Diggs works for me, as well.

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
And the Cowboys and some fans overappreciate him. He's not worth what he's being paid. There's no arguing that.
Hell even his own coaching staff had to create a handful of meaningless adjectives to throw around to justify there decision to pay him 3x what he's worth ("locker room guy" "does the dirty work" "position flex" "versatile")