Twitter: Crawford: Never wanted more then I do right now

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tcraw will be asked to take severe pay cut or be june 1st cut..they are waiting post draft to use this chip for other FA additions or cap relief.. if Witt and Lee play for less , well Tcraw has no shot..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys can't, or don't want to cut him, without at least Crawford passing a physical.
That's if they did want to move on.

That's what I'm holing onto hope for, that the team can't do anything until he passes a physical and when they can they will.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As DLaw says ........you've been warned :lmao2:

IDK guys, if he has MM ears, we may on drafting DE all together. Let's face it, as of right now, he is the starter, set to get his full salary. I'm not saying agree with it but it's real until we see something otherwise.

The only other RDE options on the roster are Armstrong and Jackson because both Gregory and Aldon Smith are yet to be reinstated.

In 2018 once DT Collins was healthy enough (mid-season) they moved Crawford back to RDE where he had started all of 2017.
- Crawford was the base RDE and Gregory was the passing downs RDE.
- Crawford/Gregory was a good combination.
- In 2019 the Cowboys run defense suffered without Crawford in the lineup.

With regard's to Crawford's 8M cost for 2020:
  • At this point the cost is the same as a 1-year, 8M free agent.
    • There is not much available in terms of DL for 1-year, 8M without a trade (like the Quinn trade).
  • Crawford is one of the top "locker-room leaders".
    • Crawford has credibility with other players in part because of his salary .
    • Crawford is the type of player that will do what the coaches ask and he'll push other players to do what the coaches require.
  • Nolan has been somewhat of a multiple front D-Coordinator (4-3 & 3-4 concepts) and Crawford is versatile.
  • The odd issue with Crawford and the Cowboys is that he is best suited to play Strong Side DE but that's DLaw's position.
    • Most 4-3 team's star DE is a Weak Side DE but DLaw is much better as a Strong Side DE.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
See if you can dig it up?

I tried but couldn't recall exactly where it was printed -- maybe on BTB or here.

I was fairly flabbergasted to see how he stated it as fact, with great conviction.

I backed up as far as this site allows and couldn't find it. It must've been BTB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried but couldn't recall exactly where it was printed -- maybe on BTB or here.

I was fairly flabbergasted to see how he stated it as fact, with great conviction.

I backed up as far as this site allows and couldn't find it. It must've been BTB.

Thanks for making the effort but I won't believe it until I see it on that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Is this what you're talking about?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-no-plans-to-reduce-tyrone-crawfords-contract

Another thing I just notice we need to keep in mine.......Crawford and Dak both are represented by Todd France. But not sure this has much impact coz Crawford has openly stated he's willing to take a pay-cut.

John813

Reaction score
I would need to see that direct quote.

I was curious too and found these quotes from Jerry.

One of them was Tyrone Crawford, who missed most of last year with a hip injury.

"We have every reason to believe he is going to be productive," Jones said. "I know he has been outstanding in rehab as we sit right here. I don't want to equivocate but the answer is yes (to returning in 2020.)

However, Crawford is scheduled to count $9.1 million on the cap, including $8 million in salary. Jones was asked if Crawford might need to take a salary reduction to stay.

"I don't have an answer to that. The answer to being on the team … yes," Jones said. "What we do as we work through putting the whole thing together we more than likely are going to be asking for several restructures to the get the most out of what we have available."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-february-2020

Gotta remember Crawfords agent is Todd France. Maybe they aren't touching that subject till maybe a long term deal is done with Dak?

So, sounds like a shadowy yes on some type of retooling of some deals, and maybe Crawford as well.
https://tv5.espn.com/dallas/nfl/sto...cowboys-dl-tyrone-crawford-agree-new-contract

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The only other RDE options on the roster are Armstrong and Jackson because both Gregory and Aldon Smith are yet to be reinstated.

In 2018 once DT Collins was healthy enough (mid-season) they moved Crawford back to RDE where he had started all of 2017.
- Crawford was the base RDE and Gregory was the passing downs RDE.
- Crawford/Gregory was a good combination.
- In 2019 the Cowboys run defense suffered without Crawford in the lineup.

With regard's to Crawford's 8M cost for 2020:
  • At this point the cost is the same as a 1-year, 8M free agent.
    • There is not much available in terms of DL for 1-year, 8M without a trade (like the Quinn trade).
  • Crawford is one of the top "locker-room leaders".
    • Crawford has credibility with other players in part because of his salary .
    • Crawford is the type of player that will do what the coaches ask and he'll push other players to do what the coaches require.
  • Nolan has been somewhat of a multiple front D-Coordinator (4-3 & 3-4 concepts) and Crawford is versatile.
  • The odd issue with Crawford and the Cowboys is that he is best suited to play Strong Side DE but that's DLaw's position.
    • Most 4-3 team's star DE is a Weak Side DE but DLaw is much better as a Strong Side DE.

So he can play any position on the DLine???

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One of them was Tyrone Crawford, who missed most of last year with a hip injury.

"We have every reason to believe he is going to be productive," Jones said. "I know he has been outstanding in rehab as we sit right here. I don't want to equivocate but the answer is yes (to returning in 2020.)

However, Crawford is scheduled to count $9.1 million on the cap, including $8 million in salary. Jones was asked if Crawford might need to take a salary reduction to stay.

"I don't have an answer to that. The answer to being on the team … yes," Jones said. "What we do as we work through putting the whole thing together we more than likely are going to be asking for several restructures to the get the most out of what we have available."

Reading those actual quotes says the opposite to me of any claim that they wouldn't be asking him to take a paycut.

Gotta remember Crawfords agent is Todd France. Maybe they aren't touching that subject till maybe a long term deal is done with Dak?

That seems to be Mike Fisher's theory on why Crawford's deal hasn't been touched yet. That makes little sense to me that an NFL team is now going to suddently be afraid of an agent and conduct any business whatsoever with regard to how it might upset that agent.

So, sounds like a shadowy yes on some type of retooling of some deals, and maybe Crawford as well.
https://tv5.espn.com/dallas/nfl/sto...cowboys-dl-tyrone-crawford-agree-new-contract

I have to think it's about him passing a physical. Exactly as it was with the Panthers and Cam Newton. As soon as he passed, the Panthers made the move to trade and ultimately cut him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

So If I understand this correctly.......according to Jerry, a pay-cut is possible but he will be on the 2020 roster

John813

Reaction score
Reading those actual quotes says the opposite to me of any claim that they wouldn't be asking him to take a paycut.

That seems to be Mike Fisher's theory on why Crawford's deal hasn't been touched yet. That makes little sense to me that an NFL team is now going to suddently be afraid of an agent and conduct any business whatsoever with regard to how it might upset that agent.

I have to think it's about him passing a physical. Exactly as it was with the Panthers and Cam Newton. As soon as he passed, the Panthers made the move to trade and ultimately cut him.

Well, it could be something simple as they don't want to worry about Ty now with France when they are going back and forth and then hit roadblocks on a record setting deal for their QB. Not so much they are afraid of the agent. They have until week 1 to cut TC without his salary becoming guaranteed due to being a vested veteran.

I do agree a physical is the main deal with Crawford, but I don't think they are anixous to cut him. They approached Lee last year about a paycut, so I can't see why they wouldn't with Crawford. Probably will go with paycut first unless he tries to punch them like they are bouncers.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Translation....

I got paid prematurely and mailed it in. I havent cared for years now, but this year I'm playing for a contract for next year, so I'm going to try to actually show up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, it could be something simple as they don't want to worry about Ty now with France when they are going back and forth and then hit roadblocks on a record setting deal for their QB. Not so much they are afraid of the agent.

I would think that teams and agents wqould be capable of multi-tasking and handling more than one thing at once. The Cowboys have obviously handled plenty of business while the Dak negotiations have dragged on, and I'm sure France has other clients that he has attended to as well.

They have until week 1 to cut TC without his salary becoming guaranteed due to being a vested veteran.

Take note of how other teams have handled their own bad contracts. They dealt with them ahead of or very early on in free agency. That's the smart way to do business.

I do agree a physical is the main deal with Crawford, but I don't think they are anixous to cut him.

You should always be anxious to get out a bad deal as soon as you can. It's what smart teams do.

They approached Lee last year about a paycut,

Actually, Lee approached them.

so I can't see why they wouldn't with Crawford. Probably will go with paycut first unless he tries to punch them like they are bouncers.

We can only hope, but until it happens for sure, there is still reason to worry. They had every reason to do this last year and what happened? They screwed themselves. Willingly.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Of course a lot can change, but I don't think they are dying to cut him

That's obvious (lol) .......hell, he's easy to cut. What I mean by that is there are at least 100 reasons if they want to do it and it wouldn't cost a dime.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Several reports that he'll be asked to take a pay cut.

Really no reason for him to say no to any reasonable request. He's certainly not getting 8 mill on the open market.

We may approach this like we did Doug Free a few years back. Salary cut and 1 year extension with a chunk of the 1st year guaranteed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not 1tech and not as an 3-4 NT (zero tech).

Best at DE in base and DT on passing downs.
- Not ideal at DE on passing downs.
- Not ideal at DT on run downs.
- Close to prototype build for 3-4 DE.

Is it possible THIS is their plan for him hybrid 3-4/4-3 alignment, especially if Smith and Gregory are reinstated? Could both not play OLBers in 3-4?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it possible THIS is their plan for him hybrid 3-4/4-3 alignment, especially if Smith and Gregory are reinstated? Could both not play OLBers in 3-4?

It would be a better role for Crawford while essentially a worse fit for everyone else in the front seven on defense. Smith couldn't play anything resembling a true 3-4 OLB at this point, not at his age, not at his weight, not with the time off. Even if he could, are you comfortable making an entire scheme change based on two players that you hope get reinstated?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It would be a better role for Crawford while essentially a worse fit for everyone else in the front seven on defense. Smith couldn't play anything resembling a true 3-4 OLB at this point, not at his age, not at his weight, not with the time off. Even if he could, are you comfortable making an entire scheme change based on two players that you hope get reinstated?

Of course not the entire scheme change but If I called Nolan made it clear we'll see some both alignments. In fact, I think he was quoted as saying it just a matter of spacing.