Creating a case for TE at 26 - Kincaid

reddyuta

Reaction score
we have no need at 26 to draft a TE. Draft Nolan Smith or an olineman like Broderick Jones. How much longer will DLAW be here and play? Draft a guy like Smith makes sense if available. That said, nuthin wrong drafting a TE later in the middle rds. Maybe Payne Durham or Kuntz. Drafting a TE is a luxury in this draft, not a need.
both will be long gone.I actually think the cowboys should consider trading up this draft,sitting at 26 and watching all the guys with 1st Rd grades gone will be torture.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don’t see this athleticism of Musgrave on tape. I must be blind. There isn’t much tape. But the little that there is, I don’t see this athletic freak. He tested incredible. Where is that athleticism on the field?
I don’t disagree.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
both will be long gone.I actually think the cowboys should consider trading up this draft,sitting at 26 and watching all the guys with 1st Rd grades gone will be torture.
GO GET WITHERSPOON!!!!

(and yes, I am screaming)

JBS

Reaction score
I don’t disagree.
I’m not a fan. He’s clearly the worst of the group for me. I have the other 3 rated very closely. But I can’t put musgrave in that tier w them. I don’t see anything w this guy. He sucks w the ball in his hands too. Don’t think I saw him break one tackle, or dodge a defender. not one. The other 3 do it at will

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He’s not in trade up range. Probably not at least.
I know, I know…. I want him in Dallas so bad, but it just can’t happen.

I had some hope when he didn’t work out at the combine that it could hurt his stock. Then at the end of the Combine, Daniel Jeremiah said the Witherspoon didn’t even work out and increased his position because he interviewed so well. :rolleyes:

I was just like ****.

Reactions: JBS

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’m not a fan. He’s clearly the worst of the group for me. I have the other 3 rated very closely. But I can’t put musgrave in that tier w them. I don’t see anything w this guy. He sucks w the ball in his hands too. Don’t think I saw him break one tackle, or dodge a defender. not one. The other 3 do it at will
Pretty much how I see it too. I had Musgrave rated higher before I actually watched him play football.

I’m just not impressed.

Reactions: JBS

T-RO

Reaction score
I keep coming back to this:

Who was the last 1st round TE that made a huge difference for the team that drafted him?

That's a good question. Had to think about this.

Looking at the list of 1st round TEs you don't really fund busts. You find good, but not big impact players. Do think Kyle Pitts could have impact but he has no one to throw him the ball.

Problem is this is a very poor WR class where almost no one has great speed.

Strength of this draft class is Edge defenders and RBs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Mainly that his lack of production would scare me from using a high pick on him. I know that he’s athletic but I’m usually not a fan of athletic guys that didn’t do a lot in college (Washington has produced blocking but they did t throw it to him enough).

To be honest, I have focused mainly on Kincaid, Washington and Mayer. I will eventually watch some of the lower round TE’s.

What is your take on him?
I have him ranked behind both Mayer, Kincaid, but ahead of Washington. He is more of an high upside pick. Bobby Belt loves him and think he good be a 1k receiver as a rookie. Know the Cowboys have interest with him too.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'd rather take the second TE at 26 in a great TE draft than the fourth WR in a bad WR draft.

Bobby Belt is talking about whispers that Washington may end up at OT ala Jason Peterson.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cannot break a tackle is seen in the majority of his scouting reports. I think he is more of a 2nd rd guy.

JBS

Reaction score
I have him ranked behind both Mayer, Kincaid, but ahead of Washington. He is more of an high upside pick. Bobby Belt loves him and think he good be a 1k receiver as a rookie. Know the Cowboys have interest with him too.
This is my concern. I think the two Tes Dallas likes are Kincaid and Musgrave. I’m not a fan of Musgrave at all

JBS

Reaction score
Cannot break a tackle is seen in the majority of his scouting reports. I think he is more of a 2nd rd guy.
Is it really? Hahah. I haven’t read one scouting report on him.

T-RO

Reaction score
Bobby Belt loves him and think he good be a 1k receiver as a rookie.

Belt is silly-ville in that opinion. Took 3, 4 years before Kelce was 1k in receiving yards. Here we are talking about a low-production college guy. Absolutely whacky opinion.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Belt is silly-ville in that opinion. Took 3, 4 years before Kelce was 1k in receiving yards. Here we are talking about a low-production college guy. Absolutely whacky opinion.
League is different now with all these spread offenses, where the college game translates far quicker than in the past. No saying he will light the league on fire, but I can see these top TE’s making an immediate impact