Criminal Trial... Im Innocent Help

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3905603 said:
Not entirely true. The law uses dollar amounts to classify crimes sometimes. I thought < $500 = misdemeanor , >$500 = felony, but I guess it's different when credit cards are involved. Not sure.
Assume the card was yours. Do you want him to reach $500? Or are you just as happy with $22.50? If it was only the $22.50 are you willing to forgo your rights to him being charged with a felony because he didn't make it to $500?

Crad|e

Reaction score
She left the card on the counter and my wife and I accidentally used it. We had the exact same style cc in her wallet w her moms name on it the whole time.

I admit its a stupid mistake and if I werent the one involved I'd be a little weary about the story. Im not a thief and have tried to contact Tammie Smith on facebook (could be another crime I just found out), I feel bad for using her card.

To me, this is a corrupt system and never thought I'd be on this end of it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
heavyg;3905755 said:
I can see the mistake on the first charge. But there is a second charge on the card AFTER noticing it was the wrong card. THAT is the biggie
Yep. I've also been wondering why he had to go somewhere else for cigarettes? I've never heard of a place that sells beer not having smokes too. It looks more like a "hey we've got free money let's live a little" based on that.

heavyg

Reaction score
Crad|e;3905761 said:
She left the card on the counter and my wife and I accidentally used it. We had the exact same style cc in her wallet w her moms name on it the whole time.

I admit its a stupid mistake and if I werent the one involved I'd be a little weary about the story. Im not a thief and have tried to contact Tammie Smith on facebook (could be another crime I just found out), I feel bad for using her card.

First time mistake second time intentional....Unless I/we are completely missunderstanding the situation

Crad|e

Reaction score
My wife assumed Tammie Smith was her mom's friend or something.. They have me on camera staring at the card after the purchase for like a minute, thats what makes me guilty.

heavyg

Reaction score
Crad|e;3905771 said:
My wife assumed Tammie Smith was her mom's friend or something.. They have me on camera staring at the card after the purchase for like a minute, thats what makes me guilty.

Yup. There ya have it. I think your best bet is to try to plea to a lesser charge. Hopefully it will be a fine and time served.

Crad|e

Reaction score
Hostile;3905768 said:
Yep. I've also been wondering why he had to go somewhere else for cigarettes? I've never heard of a place that sells beer not having smokes too. It looks more like a "hey we've got free money let's live a little" based on that.

We we're trying to save money, the cigs were cheaper across the street.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crad|e;3905761 said:

I believe you about the accident. Last week I bought sandwich at a local place. I had put my card on the counter but I noticed the clerk swiped a different card. It belonged to the previous customer who had walked off without it.

Under no circumstances would I have ever allowed that because I know it is a crime. As soon as you saw the wrong name, you should have fixed it. It is compounded by the 2nd purchase, after you knew it was not your MIL's card.

The amount is minimal, but your actions are wrong and I hope you can get Ms. Smith to work with you. I can tell you this, if I were her, I wouldn't. Not trying to be harsh, but if someone uses my money and acts like I don't matter, I am going to get my pound of flesh.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crad|e;3905782 said:
We we're trying to save money, the cigs were cheaper across the street.
They were cheaper with someone else's money too, but look where that has you. I agree with Heavy. Plea down and make restitution.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crad|e;3905788 said:
If one pack of cigs is "lets live a little".. wow
Two transactions are. Not the product bought. The police have no evidence that you'd not use the card again and again and again. You assured them of that by buying more. Also your story has changed. Now you are staring at the card and before you told us your wife bought the cigarettes.

Crad|e

Reaction score
If you guys arent willing to admit theres a problem with my wife walkng free and me being chairged with a felony for a n innocent mistake.. then what is the judge going to do?

heavyg

Reaction score
Crad|e;3905798 said:
If you guys arent willing to admit theres a problem with my wife walkng free and me being chairged with a felony for a n innocent mistake.. then what is the judge going to do?

It seems your not willing to admitt there was a crime with the second purchase. AFTER you knew it wasn't your card. Regardless of who made the purchase you BOTH knew it wasn't your MIL's card. Tech you both are guilty for both purchases mistake or not.

Crad|e

Reaction score
My story hasn't changed. I bought the food and beer for 18.50 with the card on the counter (which i thought my wife laid down) at Pop Shop in Dewey, OK. She asked me to take her across the street for cigs because they are cheaper, which I gave her the card and she did for 4.00 exactly.

How does she walk and Im guilty?

heavyg

Reaction score
Crad|e;3905809 said:
My story hasn't changed. I bought the food and beer for 18.50 with the card on the counter (which i thought my wife laid down) at Pop Shop in Dewey, OK. She asked me to take her across the street for cigs because they are cheaper, which I gave her the card and she did for 4.00 exactly.

How does she walk and Im guilty?

She shouldn't. So your only issue is that she is not charged with a crime? I can see your frustration in that. But YOU gave her the card you said you stared at after the first purchase. So whose more at fault?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So. Took the card and didn't look at the name.

Spent money.

Noticed the name.

Spent more money.

Innocent, you are not.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3905832 said:
So. Took the card and didn't look at the name.

Spent money.

Noticed the name.

Spent more money.

Innocent, you are not.

It was just $25.00...... :confused:

:laugh2:

Crad|e

Reaction score
Why would I stare at the card forever on camera if I knew it was stolen?

Regardless you've got to take the amount spent here into consideration... 22.50 total. 18.50 me, come on a felony?

adamc91115

Reaction score
Crad|e;3905844 said:
Why would I stare at the card forever on camera if I knew it was stolen?

Regardless you've got to take the amount spent here into consideration... 22.50 total. 18.50 me, come on a felony?

Well... Why would you use that card again after you stare at it forever on camera?

You were fine until the second purchase.