Criminal Trial... Im Innocent Help

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
On the back of my credit card it has my sig + a note that says...

"Please check ID"

I think they have only checked my ID about 4-5x. :D They just want the $$

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;3905349 said:
That's what I was thinking too... if money is so tight, why spend it all on beer and cigs?

Ah, but it wasn't his hard earned dollars he was spending. Much easier to rationalize spending someone else's money on vices like booze and cigs.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ninja;3905517 said:
It looks like you are up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

And your biggest problem might not be the court but your marriage. I'd have to seriously wonder about your mother-in-law. A) What was she doing with a stolen credit card? B) How did she know there was $26 left C) And why on earth would she give a known stolen credit card to her daughter and son-in-law?

If it were me, I wouldn't so much be looking for a criminal lawyer but a divorce attorney.

Good luck, anyways. Let us know how it plays out.

^^^^:laugh2: this guy. Comedy Hour!

P.S. If you take this advice and do anything following it, we don't want to know anything. :D

NEWSFLASH: Your marriage isn't any of our business nor was it even discussed by the OP.

Thanks
CBZ.COM

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
bbgun;3905547 said:
Ah, but it wasn't his hard earned dollars he was spending. Much easier to rationalize spending someone else's money on vices like booze and cigs.

Agreed. The other thing that is a little bothersome for me is that you have a few here in this thread saying...

"Gosh..all of that for 25$?" "It was ONLY 25$ bucks...." :confused:

A thief is a thief is a thief. It doesn't matter if it was $4. They seem to miss the point using a STOLEN CREDIT CARD.

That amount used is completely irrelevant. :eek:

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Dallas;3905598 said:
Agreed. The other thing that is a little bothersome for me is that you have a few here in this thread saying...

"Gosh..all of that for 25$?" "It was ONLY 25$ bucks...." :confused:

A thief is a thief is a thief. It doesn't matter if it was $4. They seem to miss the point using a STOLEN CREDIT CARD.

That amount used is completely irrelevant. :eek:

Not entirely true. The law uses dollar amounts to classify crimes sometimes. I thought < $500 = misdemeanor , >$500 = felony, but I guess it's different when credit cards are involved. Not sure.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3905603 said:
Not entirely true. The law uses dollar amounts to classify crimes sometimes. I thought < $500 = misdemeanor , >$500 = felony, but I guess it's different when credit cards are involved. Not sure.

Very different when using a credit credit.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Dallas;3905612 said:

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Figured that's what you were getting at.

Does anyone else think it's odd that the OP hasn't responded to any of our replies? Think he's in the clink?? :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
A few more questionable purchases and he'll be qualified to play WR for the Cowboys.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3905621 said:
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Figured that's what you were getting at.

Does anyone else think it's odd that the OP hasn't responded to any of our replies? Think he's in the clink?? :D
madea-jail-poster-blond.jpg
:laugh2:

joseephuss

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3905603 said:

Dallas;3905612 said:

And when you steal millions and millions of dollars from people through ponzi schemes or manipulating the market you don't get punished at all. :D

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
joseephuss;3905631 said:
And when you steal millions and millions of dollars from people through ponzi schemes or manipulating the market you don't get punished at all. :D

madoff-jail-uniform.jpg

Berni Madoff begs to differ...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;3905635 said:

Berni Madoff begs to differ...

Exactly. Holmes didn't just go to jail...they got put UNDER the jail. As they should have!

I read he's been beaten up a few times already. All of those families lives he ruined.

Unreal.

Crad|e

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3905334 said:
OK...so a lot of people here think that by using the card a second time made the crime worse...which I agree...then how come your wife who signed the second time...is not being charged?

Why do they believe her...but not you?
She knew it said Tammie Smith when she signed it.

And she did after all sign just like you did.
first off i have no priors, so if i get an attorney i think i'll be ok. Let me clear something up. Tammie Smith left the card on the counter and the whole time my wife actually had her moms CC.. she somehow thought i had it.

this is exactly what im wondering.. how can they say im guilty but shes innocent when the Sargent asked me if the 2nd purchase was her signature when i didn't even go in the store.

Crad|e

Reaction score
The sargent might of felt sorry for my wife she was crying and her mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer a cpl months ago. Its almost like he had to take someone in for the crime.

Crad|e

Reaction score
Also those saying that I can get a public attorney are not correct. Because I posted bond to get out of jail it takes the option of a public defender out, which I think is BS.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3905539 said:
You would divorce your wife over your mother-in-law?

If my mother-in-law was giving my wife known stolen credit cards and my wife was using said credit card. Yeah, I would consider getting as far away from that family as possible.

Don't you think it might be a little tough on the marriage if you are in jail doing time because your mother-in-law gave your wife a stolen credit card? Yeah, like that wouldn't become a wedge issue. Oh, and then there is that thing called trust. I ain't trusting my wife if she is using a stolen credit card given to her by her mother.

"Honey, Mom says hi and not to worry. You will get out of jail soon. Don't worry about that felony on your record. Mom don't like politics anyway so not being able to vote ain't no biggie. You won't be able to buy a gun, but mom doesn't like guns anyway. And you won't be able to sign a lease on an apt because you are a felon. That's ok. We will live with mom. I sure hope employers don't find out about that felony conviction."

I'm seeing a lot of red flags that say cut your losses now.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
ninja;3905741 said:
If my mother-in-law was giving my wife known stolen credit cards and my wife was using said credit card. Yeah, I would consider getting as far away from that family as possible.

Don't you think it might be a little tough on the marriage if you are in jail doing time because your mother-in-law gave your wife a stolen credit card? Yeah, like that wouldn't become a wedge issue. Oh, and then there is that thing called trust. I ain't trusting my wife if she is using a stolen credit card given to her by her mother.

"Honey, Mom says hi and not to worry. You will get out of jail soon. Don't worry about that felony on your record. Mom don't like politics anyway so not being able to vote ain't no biggie. You won't be able to buy a gun, but mom doesn't like guns anyway. And you won't be able to sign a lease on an apt because you are a felon. That's ok. We will live with mom. I sure hope employers don't find out about that felony conviction."

I'm seeing a lot of red flags that say cut your losses now.

I think you're being a bit presumptuous. The OP is telling us it was a mistake, not a planned crime.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Crad|e;3905709 said:
first off i have no priors, so if i get an attorney i think i'll be ok. Let me clear something up. Tammie Smith left the card on the counter and the whole time my wife actually had her moms CC.. she somehow thought i had it.

If she thought you had her Mom's credit card, whose did she think she was using at the second stop?

Just wondering.

heavyg

Reaction score
I can see the mistake on the first charge. But there is a second charge on the card AFTER noticing it was the wrong card. THAT is the biggie