Cris Carter on Dez: He's not a great route runner

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Your criticizing a ex nfl player for criticizing dez. See the irony here? It's what most people do on forums one way or the other. From what I understand a WR can't win it all by himself. Either way yes I'm taking a shot at you.

You should look up sarcasm and some of the op's take on some other players and why they are not good.

but take shots if you must.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
When will Cris Carter just go away? The guy is a jackass.

soon enough probably. Espn got rid of him which i think was related to his treatment of women or relationships with co workers at espn.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I'm not not going to weigh in on whether Dez is a good route runner or not because I don't feel I am even remotely qualified to judge route running. It seems to me though that route running is something that can be coached up.

Section446

Reaction score
He's not a "great" anything, that's his problem. Not real fast, bad route runner, struggles to catch with someone in his face.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Dez needs to work on route running and the coaches need to put him in better positions in the game plan, like working him put of the slot more frequently.

But, I can never take this man seriously becuase I don't believe a lot of what he says about Dez is about football. It's his personal beef with Michael three rings Irvin and his close relationship with Dez.

The man is petty. Look at his history. Now, he's using the tried and true Cowboy hating formula to work his way back on tv. Funny how some of these football people forget their pasts when they want a tv career.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Dez is a much better route runner than he easily even just a few users ago. He'll never be clinical like Witten.

And despite all that he was the most productive wr in football before he went down and has had a lost few years.

This.

Carter is measuring Dez against his own standards; that is a tough comparison. Guys like Playmaker, Carter, Rice, etc., are on a different plateau; it is unfair to measure Dez to their standards when it comes to how well he runs routes.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Bullet22

Reaction score
I agree with Carter, he is not qb friendly...He will make a circus catch and drop an easy one....

rynochop

Reaction score
When will Cris Carter just go away? The guy is a jackass.
Yeah, he has that resting jerk face syndrome where he just looks like someone you want to punch in the mouth...kinda like jay cutler

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I guess if you can't discuss why the Cowboys suck, you gotta drum up some criticism somewhere.

Dez is about as easy a target as possible.

Cris is holding onto his media credentials for dear life.

That's really what it is. And when Dez balls (like he did two freaking weeks ago) they'll all move on to a new target.

knightrider94

Reaction score
That's really what it is. And when Dez balls (like he did two freaking weeks ago) they'll all move on to a new target.
I actually don't think they will. They will continue to work any angle they can so if we lose a game or fail to advance very far in the playoffs, it will be because Dez wanted a certain QB other than the one throwing the ball (look at the "news" after the Philly game about Dez taking sides in the QB debate) or some other story they make up. Cowboys news or non-news sells. If we have to fabricate to get ratings, so be it. This is what sports journalism has become.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think if anyone has the right to criticize Dez it's a guy like Carter or Moss.

Do you agree with Chris?

Yes I agree with Chris that Dez is not a great rout runner. The frustrating part is he does not seem to work on improving that. I don't like getting on Dez but even the best players constantly work on their games to improve weakness. Dez has been here 7 years you would think there would be great improvement on his rout running especially for a guy who does not have blazing speed

risco

Reaction score
I think if anyone has the right to criticize Dez it's a guy like Carter or Moss.

Do you agree with Chris?

Actually, CC is 100% correct. Dez hasn't done anything over the course of 5 years to get better. Additionally, he is a horrible route runner!!! In terms of football IQ, I don't know about that- maybe that could be an issues as to why he can't be moved around. I'd say this to Dez- "You are an elite WR- do the things required of you and more in order to stay ELITE!"