Cris Carter on Dez: He's not a great route runner

knightrider94

Reaction score
I don't want Dez telling young kids to get friends to take the blame for things he does thank you very much.
Exactly. Or telling another man's wife to leave him or getting let go from your last analyst job for various cough cough reasons...

I wonder how much it burns him that Moss is on ESPN now. They even kept Keyshawn around and mention Tom occasionally. Carter, not so much.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Dez is a much better route runner than he easily even just a few users ago. He'll never be clinical like Witten.

And despite all that he was the most productive wr in football before he went down and has had a lost few years.
Most productive WR in football? C'mon now. in 2014, at his peak, he was #10 in catches, #9 in yards, and #1 in TDs. He was really good that year, but the most productive wideout that year and since has been Antonio Brown.

It's clear that Dez is sloppy and takes plays off. They even called him out on it in the Cleveland game. He is a mental midget.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
why is he qualified? what makes him special. He never won anything, never even played in a super bowl and that is your standard for players right?

What qualifies him?
He's one of the greatest receivers of our generation.
He is in the Hall of Fame.
And he knows how to run routes.

I have to laugh when people who say, "Well, he's never played in a Super Bowl." Neither has Tony Romo or Jason Witten. I guess that means they're unqualified to instruction on what it takes to be a good quarterback or tight end. :laugh:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
What qualifies him?
He's one of the greatest receivers of our generation.
He is in the Hall of Fame.
And he knows how to run routes.

I have to laugh when people who say, "Well, he's never played in a Super Bowl." Neither has Tony Romo or Jason Witten. I guess that means they're unqualified to instruction on what it takes to be a good quarterback or tight end. :laugh:

woosh. Right over your head.

But thanks for giving me carter's bio I had actually never heard of him before.

erod

Reaction score
Perhaps these multiple lower body and back issues have taken away some of Dez' ability.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
woosh. Right over your head.

But thanks for giving me carter's bio I had actually never heard of him before.

It didn't go over my head. It makes your critique ridiculous.
Whoosh!!! ;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
why is he qualified? what makes him special. He never won anything, never even played in a super bowl and that is your standard for players right?
When will Cris Carter just go away? The guy is a jackass.
Lmao. Man will y'all ever just take constructive criticism at face value without your silver & blue whips & chains in tow?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lmao. Man will y'all ever just take constructive criticism at face value without your silver & blue whips & chains in tow?

I got no problem with the criticism.

I just don't like Carter and would say he was a jackass if he was pom pom'ing the Cowboys and saying Dez is the best route runner of all time.

He's just not likeable.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cris is right.

I'm glad Randy didn't chime in.

All he did was run straight and high jump three stooges defenders.
I think Chris nailed it. Chris ran some of the most incredible routes in the history of the game. Forget his personality. I'm talking someone that has done it with precision and dedication that Dez can only dream of.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You should look up sarcasm and some of the op's take on some other players and why they are not good.

but take shots if you must.
Yeah..... I'm suuuuch a bad guy because I express my true feeling about some of the clowns that have perpetually driven us to our 21st season without a Super Bowl. Oh wait... That's right. It's because those feelings don't jive with yours.. Yeah. Got it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
A buffoon that ran down of the most incredible routes in the history of the game.

There... Finished it for ya :thumbup:

You have to kind of laugh at the rebuttals. They're almost childish in nature.

So because Cris Carter (one of the best receivers in the HISTORY of the game who survived not because of his speed but because of his hands and route running) says Dez doesn't run good routes, he's ...
1. A bad father
2. A drug head
3. A has-been NFL commentator
4. A know-nothing because he never won a Super Bowl
5. A popularity hound
6. A controversy seeker
7. A punk @***
8. A trouble maker
9. A bad advisor for telling young players to have a fall guy.

:laugh:

Assuming ALL those things are true, what do they have to do with the price of tea in China?
He can be all those things. But the one thing he is an expert on, a SUPREME expert since few have done it better than he, is running routes and catching footballs.

I would think he would know good route running when he sees it.