Crooked Officials

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now you see why I complain so much about them crooked officials. How else can anyone explain this ...

Or this ...

There were no flags thrown on either blatant and obvious pass interference/holding plays. Very obvious the crooked officials were out to help the Giants as much as possible. One of many badly officiated games against the Cowboys over the years. :mad:

What say you?

It was horrible

quickccc

Reaction score
Crooked ? .... or Incompetent ?

NFL officiating as been like this league wide ..and for some many, many years now

Only way it possibly can improve is the league has to have upper officials that can immediately overturn these hideously bad calls .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree that was holding in the endzone and holding on 3rd down and 1 where Dallas faked the run and was looking to get the pass to Noah Brown but was held off the line of scrimmage. However I will also say NY Giants has some questionable calls. Overall bad game by the refs.

CWR

Reaction score
Now you see why I complain so much about them crooked officials. How else can anyone explain this ...

Or this ...

There were no flags thrown on either blatant and obvious pass interference/holding plays. Very obvious the crooked officials were out to help the Giants as much as possible. One of many badly officiated games against the Cowboys over the years. :mad:

What say you?

I say Tim Donaghy. Yes, it happens, but we are called crazy when we acknowledge it as a possibility.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Both teams had some grips for sure but to think their offensive line gave up 5 sacks and double-digit pressures and only committed one holding the entire game is laughable. The only reason they threw the flag on that one was that their LG literally tackle a Cowboys lineman.

They were hooking and grabbing jerseys of our pass rushers every play. The calls I see when I watch Raiders and Cowboys games make it hard not to believe that there is something going on, both teams seem to get called for stuff other teams get away with.

silvernblu

Reaction score

Or this ...

What say you?

The first one was a clear flop.

The second one looks like he could have been called for a throwing a pick. Lucky no call there.

- League office

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
There’s no doubt in my mind that Rodger Goodell is getting back at Jerry Jones for trying to him fired. That’s just me tho. I can’t explain it any other way. The way we get officiated is criminal at best.

J-man

Reaction score
There were 2 plays in the 3rd quarter just a few minutes apart that really stood out to me.
The first was against our CB Brown (I think) for illegal contact. Watching the play, it appears the receiver ran directly at him and into him deliberately trying to make contact about 15 yds downfield, he then pushed off to get separation. No pass his way but a flag was thrown for illegal contact. IMHO, it was total a BS call.
Then a few minutes later when we had the ball, our WR Brown's (I think) route was stopped by the DB who grabbed him at least 15 yds downfield before he made his cut, no flag was thrown. That was the very definition of illegal contact, but it wasn't called.
Those 2 plays were obvious to me that the fix was definitely on.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Is it any wonder why the calls like this always seem to be against Dallas, when the team owner is against making the officials full time employees? It’s just the refs making their authority felt. If the Jones were vocally in favor of making them full time year round employees this probably wouldn’t happen as much to this team…just my two cents.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think the both teams had some gripes. A very questionable OPI on the Giants wiped out a big catch for them, as well.

It was not a stellar day for the refs yesterday. They were definitely "letting them play" last night.
While I dont buy into the whole "conspiracy" angle. Last night at one point the official looked visibly upset that he had to call a penalty on the Giants. Many posters here noticed it to so I am not crazy. He looked like he was actually mad to make the call against the Giants. That's the first time I was like "wait a minute, there is something else going on here"

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Crooked ? .... or Incompetent ?

NFL officiating as been like this league wide ..and for some many, many years now

Only way it possibly can improve is the league has to have upper officials that can immediately overturn these hideously bad calls .
I agree that the officiating is bad across the league, but I watch a lot of football and there is a bizarre way that NFL officials call Cowboys games.

I recall seeing a stat a few years ago (maybe 2020) that opposing teams playing the Cowboys are the least called for holding in the league. I watched the Giants disrupt WR routes by grabbing and outright tackling our DL over and over again last night, right in front of the officials. I think it was called once on Feliciano. It's maddening.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I am not one to complain about officiating until it becomes blatant and cannot be explained. The holding is getting to that point. Our DL players are constantly horse collared, bear hugged, spun around, tackled, and held by their jersey and 90% of it is ignored. Last night was no different but our WRs were also being held and mugged with no calls as well. They started calling some things on the Giants late so I’m not going to claim the officials are attempting to determine who wins. My suspicion is now closer to they understand the league wants Dallas games to stay close for ratings. All the Cowboy haters tune in if they might lose. I hate feeling this way but I can’t explain the ongoing non calls every week any other way. It is to the point of absurdity now.

At the risk of making this look like a change of subject, I think other sports have issues too in "making the show" great for TV. as you say Cowboys22, TV doesn't want a blow-out so keep it close.

I follow Formula 1 closely and last year the travesty in the final race was the worst example of "make it a show" I've seen in sport. The rules said race over but the race director changed the rules so there was a final lap showdown expecting idiot fans like me to sit on the edge of their seats going "wow, this is great". Sorry, it broke the rules and cost a driver his 8th world championship.

where does it go? The Masters has a player come from 4 shots back and misses out on the 18th so we tell him he gets to play 2 more holes to get a birdie and take it to a playoff.

I know I am being silly but this is what we are seeing in the NFL today. There were 3 awful decisions last night but as Cowboys22 says, hold after hold happened on our pass rush and went without a flag. it's getting worse, not better and I for one don't think it's because the refs are "missing" things, it's deeper than that, it's to "put on a show" for TV.