Crooked Officials

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I predicted to my Saints fan friend I was watching the game with that, there would be some calls in the second half of the 4th qtr to help bring about an exciting finish. The exciting finish didn't materialize but not for lack of trying by the officials. Even my friend had to admit she was seeing what I was and I might not be the paranoid delusional nut job she thought I was.

Creeper

Reaction score
The officiating for this game was awful. The two non-calls against Noah Brown were very significant plays. But the OPI they called on the Giants was also a bad call. Overall, the officiating was worse for the Cowboys.

I don't know if anyone else saw it but late in the game the Giants #53 threw an open handed punch at Ferguson and hit him in the helmet right in front of the ref. That has to be called.

The defensive holding call on Barr was ridiculous too, especially if you are not going to call the one on Noah Brown. They missed numerous holding calls as well. Trysten Hill must be the most held DT in the league. He was held on two Danny Times runs for first downs.

I don't know that the refs are crooked, but they sure look incompetent.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
It's totally unbelievable with all the technology that they cannot get these calls right or make them period.

Somehow we overcame the Giants and the officials.
That's because the Giants officially suck. :laugh: The D had a pretty darn good game. Holding a team to 16 points is not bad. If we can keep holding teams to under 20 points, we will continue to have a pretty good shot at winning football games. I cannot believe the Pi on Noah in the end zone was overlooked. Were all the refs looking elsewhere? It happened in the middle of the end zone. Please, you people with the yellow flags....get it together.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now you see why I complain so much about them crooked officials. How else can anyone explain this ...

Or this ...

There were no flags thrown on either blatant and obvious pass interference/holding plays. Very obvious the crooked officials were out to help the Giants as much as possible. One of many badly officiated games against the Cowboys over the years. :mad:

What say you?

That footage certainly needs to go to the league office.

If they weren’t crooked, they were incompetent.

terra

Reaction score
Actually with all the money involved you would think those fixing the games would make sure the quality of the officiating was overall better so these blatant ones would not be noticed as much.

But then everyone wants to pinch pennies so is it any wonder that the NFL has only part time officiating; the only professional sports league in the world that does not have full time officials.

You get what you pay for.

kumizi

Reaction score
They should have a lead official in a booth watching the game and looking at all the plays.

The whole concept of getting a small number of challenges, having to throw a reg flag, then the official on the field walks over to the sideline and puts on a headset is all so stupid.

They have replay in international sports like soccer and cricket that’s handled much more efficiently.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I will just say I felt the overall officiating was not good, I'm sure Giant fan would be better at pointing out fouls or non calls they saw. I do believe crews have bad nights but I'm not one who feels refs our out to get us and rarely use those as an excuse for losing. More than pointing to officials I would say this team still needs to work and improve on avoiding flags
Yea. That’s what I’m saying. I don’t really see any bad calls they could complain about except the one. Certainly not strangle type block holds or very clear PI not being called for them. Has the opposing team been called for a hold yet this year?

I’d genuinely like to hear those complaints by Giant fans. The coach was upset the one time on the offensive PI.

I hear what you’re saying, but the both sides-ism stuff I don’t think applies here. But I’d be willing to listen.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think the both teams had some gripes. A very questionable OPI on the Giants wiped out a big catch for them, as well.

It was not a stellar day for the refs yesterday. They were definitely "letting them play" last night.

That was so to make the officials look objective and not biased.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess fans forgot about the awful call they made on NY right before half which cost Giants points too.

Horrible officiating . And the league will make announcements denouncing it. But saying it was intentional or criminal which is what some are insinuating is quite another thing.

ESisback

Reaction score
I am not one to complain about officiating until it becomes blatant and cannot be explained. The holding is getting to that point. Our DL players are constantly horse collared, bear hugged, spun around, tackled, and held by their jersey and 90% of it is ignored. Last night was no different but our WRs were also being held and mugged with no calls as well. They started calling some things on the Giants late so I’m not going to claim the officials are attempting to determine who wins. My suspicion is now closer to they understand the league wants Dallas games to stay close for ratings. All the Cowboy haters tune in if they might lose. I hate feeling this way but I can’t explain the ongoing non calls every week any other way. It is to the point of absurdity now.
This! Right here! Keep Dallas games close for rating$! Too many people turn the channel if Dallas blows them out. Why do you think most of the country won’t get the old rivalry Dallas vs. Washington? Because Dallas is so much better, the helping flags would be too obvious. We’ll slaughter Washington, but no one will see it unless they go to a bar or pay extra at home. MONEY RULES.

ESisback

Reaction score
I guess fans forgot about the awful call they made on NY right before half which cost Giants points too.

Horrible officiating . And the league will make announcements denouncing it. But saying it was intentional or criminal which is what some are insinuating is quite another thing.

Those two or three bad calls in favor of Dallas was to make it look less one sided.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Now you see why I complain so much about them crooked officials. How else can anyone explain this ...

Or this ...

There were no flags thrown on either blatant and obvious pass interference/holding plays. Very obvious the crooked officials were out to help the Giants as much as possible. One of many badly officiated games against the Cowboys over the years. :mad:

What say you?

There are only three possibilities. First, the refs have been paid off. Two, they are blind. Three they are incompetent. They nit picked calls against Dallas and completely overlooked ones agianst the Giants. This would have been a blow out by Dallas had the refs not been compromised.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I am not one to complain about officiating until it becomes blatant and cannot be explained. The holding is getting to that point. Our DL players are constantly horse collared, bear hugged, spun around, tackled, and held by their jersey and 90% of it is ignored. Last night was no different but our WRs were also being held and mugged with no calls as well. They started calling some things on the Giants late so I’m not going to claim the officials are attempting to determine who wins. My suspicion is now closer to they understand the league wants Dallas games to stay close for ratings. All the Cowboy haters tune in if they might lose. I hate feeling this way but I can’t explain the ongoing non calls every week any other way. It is to the point of absurdity now.
Dallas got screwed by the officiating. It would have been a blow out had not the refs almost handed the game to the giants. Officiating can call winners and losers. And they tried in this game.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The incompetent officiating is every reason why in this billion dollar industry we need full time trained refs not the crap we saw last night. Totally inconsistent depending on which Jersey you were wearing. And BLATANT REFUSAL TO CALL PASS INTERFERENCE WHEN IT WAS BLATANT.