Crooked Officials

ultron

Reaction score
I don’t get fired up like I once did about football but there definitely seemed to be several no-calls that were blatantly obvious & I have a feeling these nationally televised games are most definitely ’managed by the officials’.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
There are often one or two bad calls at crucial moments in games that can literally decide who wins or loses. I say they need to allow coaches to challenge bad or non-calls. They can go under the hood and review.

kumizi

Reaction score
They were just awful. I would complain they’re crooked but that offensive pass interference against NY was an awful call also.

shabazz

Reaction score
It’s now official part of Cowboys football. If they were smart they would start including penalty scenarios when they script the first 2 series of offense……the league is just blatant about it now

Except for the fringe of 5% that call it a conspiracy theory, it’s something the other 95% can actually find common ground on

doomsday9084

Reaction score
One of the primary reasons I'm pretty happy about the game last night is that the game should have been a blowout that the refs made somewhat competitive. I'm not sure that the Giants score once if the refs called holding fairly. I get that its subjective and they let the players play but if you were watching there were a lot of egregious ones last night on NYG. Stuff that Dallas rarely gets away with.

JayFord

Reaction score
its 50/50 to me

The Cowboys are sloppy amd deserve alot of penalties

but the refs sure do seem to favor the other team....I mean theres alot of holding that the other team gets away with

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
I do try to justify the calls against the Cowboys by telling myself that I am just noticing all the bad calls on Dallas because I am rooting for them and I am going to be biased, but after last night, geez it is getting harder to so. It is hard to watch these games anymore, it feels like a CBS evening drama show where the story is already written.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The means to get calls right is in place, yet they refuse to use it.

Tells me they want to have a certain amount of control….like keeping games close.

Last Thanksgiving comes to mind.

Coaches should be able to at least challenge something like an obvious missed PI in the end zone, but….nope.

Reaction score
Now you see why I complain so much about them crooked officials. How else can anyone explain this ...

Or this ...

There were no flags thrown on either blatant and obvious pass interference/holding plays. Very obvious the crooked officials were out to help the Giants as much as possible. One of many badly officiated games against the Cowboys over the years. :mad:

What say you?

It's my belief that the league has directed the officials to "give the benefit of a doubt" to teams that fit into certain categories,,, ie underdogs in prime time TV slots, home teams with big celebrations going on like the Giants last night, o-linemen protecting superstar QBs, things like that. So it's not necessarily borne out of any animosity towards the Cowboys, though I'm sure that happens along with other things, but more about the league putting its thumb on the scale to promote viewership and game attendance. I wouldn't doubt that they get an enormous amount of grief from Cowboy haters that believe every game is slanted to favor the Cowboys, so the league may be wanting to mitigate those complaints too.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
It's the lack of accountability that gets me.

Mike Evans get a 1 game ban for the fight in the Saints game (rightly so).

How come the officials don't get a 1 game ban or their pay reduced for last night?

The 2 holds on Brown were unbelievable, not even close. Thing is, they tried to "even it up" with the OPI call when Diggs went down and that was awful too - 2 wrongs (or 3 wrongs) don't make a right.
True, but 3 lefts do make a right.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I agree that was holding in the endzone and holding on 3rd down and 1 where Dallas faked the run and was looking to get the pass to Noah Brown but was held off the line of scrimmage. However I will also say NY Giants has some questionable calls. Overall bad game by the refs.
The offensive PI that Diggs drew—I’ll give you that.
What were some others though? I don’t recall

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
There were 2 plays in the 3rd quarter just a few minutes apart that really stood out to me.
The first was against our CB Brown (I think) for illegal contact. Watching the play, it appears the receiver ran directly at him and into him deliberately trying to make contact about 15 yds downfield, he then pushed off to get separation. No pass his way but a flag was thrown for illegal contact. IMHO, it was total a BS call.
Then a few minutes later when we had the ball, our WR Brown's (I think) route was stopped by the DB who grabbed him at least 15 yds downfield before he made his cut, no flag was thrown. That was the very definition of illegal contact, but it wasn't called.
Those 2 plays were obvious to me that the fix was definitely on.
I think it was Lewis.

That’s the thing. It’s the same call both ways and bad both ways. Obviously bad. There’s almost no way an impartial person or group of people collectively have that poor of judgment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The offensive PI that Diggs drew—I’ll give you that.
What were some others though? I don’t recall

I will just say I felt the overall officiating was not good, I'm sure Giant fan would be better at pointing out fouls or non calls they saw. I do believe crews have bad nights but I'm not one who feels refs our out to get us and rarely use those as an excuse for losing. More than pointing to officials I would say this team still needs to work and improve on avoiding flags

Jarntt

Reaction score
I hate whining about refs. Bad calls always go both ways over time and every fan base thinks they get the worst of it

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Every fan forum on the internet has a thread with proof that the refs are out to get their team. Go figure.

"How can they miss that call?" The same way Lamb dropped a long TD pass, or was he trying to screw the Cowboys, too?

lqmac1

Reaction score
Direct TV and others can’t have their big money poster boy lose his starting job.