Current Dallas Cowboys 53-man roster

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad Buddy Johnson made it at LB. Kind of went under the radar but seemed to make plays.

Brevyn Spann-Ford (?) I liked him coming out of Minnesota but I do not know if he played well enough to keep. Might be that they played him the highest money for the undrafted rookie and they want to give him a shot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When they add lamb. And cooks. Wonder who they take off
Cooks is on the list. Flournoy would likely be the odd man out. Maybe you’re referring to Cook if he signs.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overall about what I expected. I am not sure why they did not use the 2 IR to return spots under the new rule for Edoga and Diggs.
Therefore keeping other players such as Wood and another DL or LB.

Slightly surprised they kept Wheat, but also not surprised.

cowboyec

Reaction score
this might be the best te group since the landry era.
love the oline group.
love the wr group.
rb the trouble spot for me on offense.

dl group looks strong.
best lb group in awhile.
love the s group(thank you coach mccarthy).
cb is the trouble spot for me.

over all..its a good lookin' 53.
bring on the season.
go cowboys!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooks is on the list. Flournoy would likely be the odd man out. Maybe you’re referring to Cook if he signs.
If they end up needing a spot at some point, my guess is that it will be Spann-Ford that they try to move to the PS before Flournoy.

Using 5 roster slots by keeping 4 tight-ends and a fullback is overkill when you have more pressing rotation/depth needs or you are concerned about losing a player if you try to move them to the PS.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they end up needing a spot at some point, my guess is that it will be Spann-Ford that they try to move to the PS before Flournoy.

Using 5 roster slots by keeping 4 tight-ends and a fullback is overkill when you have more pressing rotation/depth needs or you are concerned about losing a player if you try to move them to the PS.
Especially since they’ve been give Luepke some TE reps.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
He’s on the team, solidly. There’s 3 units in an NFL team. Defense, Offense and Special Teams. He’s one of the reasons the Cowboys have had one of the best ST units in the NFL. He ain’t going anywhere and for good reason.
Show me the stat that out KO and Punt teams are one of the best.