Current Dallas Cowboys 53-man roster

J-man

Reaction score
I see a few names that are what I would call "place holders" until they find a few cast offs from other teams they like better.
I assume a RB will be added. I think probably another DE and a CB will be added too.
I was a bit shocked they cut E. Scott jr after the Bland injury. Not sure why they would go even thinner, unless they already have their eyes on someone to bring in.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score

Explain what you mean by counting as two spots. I didn't see the rule stating that if you put a guy on the "IR to return" list on cut down day it counted as two spots against your eight spots
I knew about the two spots. But I didn't find out until a couple of days ago that one spot counts for two I can't remember where I saw it. They only use that on one player. And that was bland.

CWR

Reaction score
I really wanted to see more of the LB Harvey. Also disappointed Lawson wasn't a shoe in to make the roster.

One thing is for certain. We are getting a RB. We can't go into the season with only Zeke and Dowdle. I know Deuce, but don't think they'll want to rely on him to carry the load if the others are banged up.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I knew about the two spots. But I didn't find out until a couple of days ago that one spot counts for two I can't remember where I saw it. They only use that on one player. And that was bland.
You may be right, but I haven't read that anywhere so I suspect that isn't the case.

Jarntt

Reaction score
"Among the other list designations, defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad was placed on the reserve/suspended list, as he will need to see through one remaining game of his suspension from violating the league's performance enhancing substances policy"

I forgot about Muhammad's suspension. I wonder if they put him on the 53 or the PS after week 1

Hadenough

Reaction score
RB’s look not so good. Only 5 LB’s? CB looks weak without Bland. The rest of the team looks pretty damn good. I’m sure they’ll address both RB, CB and LB at some point soon.
Parsons is part of that LB group even though he is listed as dline.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am shocked they have only 4 DTs on the roster considering Linval Joseph's age and the fact he has just signed. Why keep Tyrus Wheat and not another DT.

How many plays can Joseph gives us against Cleveland? 10?

Carson

Reaction score
I am shocked they have only 4 DTs on the roster considering Linval Joseph's age and the fact he has just signed. Why keep Tyrus Wheat and not another DT.

How many plays can Joseph gives us against Cleveland? 10?
Rogers and Daxon will back to the PS. Huggins possibly if one is claimed

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand Edoga. They could have put two guys directly onto IR. Why didn't they put both Bland and he right onto IR? Is there a difference in the rule (can come back earlier?) if they do it this way?
Could be he is close to returning. Say in 2 weeks. If on IR he will be out for 6 weeks minimum, unless it is 4 weeks now. I can't remember.
I am surprised as well, as they kept 10 OL instead of 9.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if consistently cutting our rookie defensive tackles might have something to do with our poor run defense......... No those two things can't be related. :rolleyes:
It has to do with some fans overrating some players because they do not like another player.
Also fans do not know all what is really going on with the players or what was being asked of them.

Creeper

Reaction score
I really wanted to see more of the LB Harvey. Also disappointed Lawson wasn't a shoe in to make the roster.

One thing is for certain. We are getting a RB. We can't go into the season with only Zeke and Dowdle. I know Deuce, but don't think they'll want to rely on him to carry the load if the others are banged up.
The Lawson cut is surprising. He played some against the Chargers but not enough to get a feel for how good or bad he is. I wonder if he goes back to the practice squad and they call him up a few times to see what he has in regular season.

Isn't it funny how they went from no LBs last year to having too many to choose from this year?

Reactions: CWR

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
thoughts:
  • Wheat replaced by Bowser (if they like his workout). I'd take a look at Yannick bc we need juice, but ya know, Steve is cheap.
  • Lamb's spot will be open when Chuma goes on IR
  • Waletzko likely replaced when Chuma comes back.
  • I'd look at JC Jackson as a bridge until Bland is ready. Booth to PS in that senario.
  • Didn't really see any RB cuts that were interesting. Cooks=Zeke so I don't see any improvement there. We really mishandled this position group. Wish we kept Pollard.
  • I'm concerned about pass rush. Micah misses any time we are toast.
  • DT looks weak, but the LB situation is better. See how that pans out with run defense.
  • Hoping Wood clears waivers. Would be a great PS LB and call up candidate in case of injury.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see a few names that are what I would call "place holders" until they find a few cast offs from other teams they like better.
I assume a RB will be added. I think probably another DE and a CB will be added too.
I was a bit shocked they cut E. Scott jr after the Bland injury. Not sure why they would go even thinner, unless they already have their eyes on someone to bring in.
Yes, for the next week this is a roster that's very much in flux at the bottom 15 players ie depth etc they will try to improve the pieces here for this year's roster.. It takes time though players are released they have to go through waivers they have to put claims in and then they have to be approved.. Should start hearing things by Friday.

blueblood70

Reaction score
thoughts:
  • Wheat replaced by Bowser (if they like his workout). I'd take a look at Yannick bc we need juice, but ya know, Steve is cheap.
  • I'd look at JC Jackson as a bridge until Bland is ready. Booth to PS in that senario.
  • Didn't really see any RB cuts that were interesting. Cooks=Zeke so I don't see any improvement there. We really mishandled this position group. Wish we kept Pollard.
  • DT looks weak, but the LB situation is better. See how that pans out with run defense.
  • Hoping Wood clears waivers. Would be a great PS LB and call up candidate in case of injury.
That's not a bad list although why JC Jackson and not a Xavien Howard or peterson??

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
thoughts:
Edit:

I forgot about Muhammad, who I guess will take Wheat's place. Not sure what they'll do if they like Bowser then.