Current Dallas Cowboys 53-man roster

blueblood70

Reaction score
By the way guys I just got a push notification on my phone to dalvin cook is joining the Dallas Cowboys...hmmmm

Jarntt

Reaction score
Could be he is close to returning. Say in 2 weeks. If on IR he will be out for 6 weeks minimum, unless it is 4 weeks now. I can't remember.
I am surprised as well, as they kept 10 OL instead of 9.
That's kind of what I was wondering at first, that maybe he will be back quicker. Then I was thinking that once CeeDee moves to the active roster they need to cut someone. So, maybe they didn't want to keep a guy and then cut him a day later when they put CeeDee on the 53. But that wouldn't make much sense either because they could have either just gone with 52 and also because every year they keep guys originally and then cut them as they sign players that other teams cut. It just seems like an odd thing to do unless Edoga is indeed only on a couple of weeks away, but then why put him on IR two days later (assuming they will)?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Age, mostly. JC is 28. Howard is 31 and Peterson 34.
Yeah but you gotta go by who was playing the best as of last year.. If you're going by age you could pick anyone off that list that's younger. I mean it looks like JC had a completely terrible year and now you want him on our team I mean he might be the next Eli apple never live up to the hype or I should say maybe James Bradbury whoever that dude is on the eagles that seems to have 9 lives

blueblood70

Reaction score
to the practice squad?
Well how are we supposed to know that until it's official they're just saying that dalvin cook reported that he's signing with the Dallas Cowboys I don't know how they're doing the roster I mean anything could happen we've seen Cooper rush free brought up and down off the practice squad. All I'm reporting is I saw a story and it's real from the bleachers report that dalvin cook says he's on the way to sign with the Dallas Cowboys...

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Well how are we supposed to know that until it's official they're just saying that dalvin cook reported that he's signing with the Dallas Cowboys I don't know how they're doing the roster I mean anything could happen we've seen Cooper rush free brought up and down off the practice squad. All I'm reporting is I saw a story and it's real from the bleachers report that dalvin cook says he's on the way to sign with the Dallas Cowboys...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's kind of what I was wondering at first, that maybe he will be back quicker. Then I was thinking that once CeeDee moves to the active roster they need to cut someone. So, maybe they didn't want to keep a guy and then cut him a day later when they put CeeDee on the 53. But that wouldn't make much sense either because they could have either just gone with 52 and also because every year they keep guys originally and then cut them as they sign players that other teams cut. It just seems like an odd thing to do unless Edoga is indeed only on a couple of weeks away, but then why put him on IR two days later (assuming they will)?
I read that Nate Thomas was also on IR. So if they used the 2 allotted IR moves to short term IR for Bland and Thomas (if they did). Is probably the reason they have Edoga on the 53. Then move him to the short term IR within the next few days.
Unless, like we think, he is close to returning.

I believe they have until a few days before the game to move CeeDee to the 53 man roster. Therefore allowing extra time for any roster moves.

blueblood70

Reaction score

oh yes this is new news it's all just being said now in real time.. I was just reporting what I saw and that's great if he's gonna be on the practice squad because I don't think he needs to be on the field at the same time with zeke and Rico he needs to be in insurance plan and if somehow the first four games zeke looks slow and out of shape it just doesn't have it anymore then you can make a move,

I truly am comfortable with this new physical offensive line and using Rico zeke and deuce Vaughn I would like to see the first four or five games with that plan.. I think it will surprise some people I see some good things happening with Thunder lightning and tornado..lol yes I see little tornado you know the Tasmanian devil... I think that's a good mix I think they can do some stuff with this.

I'm using Ezekiel Elliott as a fullback hybrid for short yardage move the chains on the goal line get us some touchdowns I'm using Rico in the longer down in distance for the run game and then I'm bringing in deuce one for five or six carries maybe more a game trying to get some junk yardage some excitement get some juice in this run game..

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I read that Nate Thomas was also on IR. So if they used the 2 allotted IR moves to short term IR for Bland and Thomas (if they did). Is probably the reason they have Edoga on the 53. Then move him to the short term IR within the next few days.

I believe they have until a few days before the game to move CeeDee to the 53 man roster. Therefore allowing extra time for any roster moves.
I guessing Thomas is going the redshirt this season

Jarntt

Reaction score

Thomas on IR out for the year. That list is unlimited

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Ridiculous about Lawson. They could have signed him when they signed the other two and he would probably be in game shape by now but instead little Enos tried to go the cheap route.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Edit:

I forgot about Muhammad, who I guess will take Wheat's place. Not sure what they'll do if they like Bowser then.
Most likely, like they hope to do with Lawson, they will put one of them (or both) on the PS. I guess we could then bring up a train of DEs on callups: Lawson for three games, Muhammad for three games, Bowser for three games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When will the practice squad be set for the season?
Probably later today and tomorrow.

The 24 hour waiver period will end today at 3 PM, CST.

Dallas has a few roster moves to make yet.
CeeDee is on the exempt list for now, as they have 54 counting him. I think Edoga may be moved to short term IR.