Current News

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't know their intentions. But Gaza will never be the same. Not a chance. My money goes on Gaza being depopulated.
Their intention is to starve the people in Gaza. That's the intent. Not hard to understand. When you cut off all valuable resources to 2 million people, the intent is to harm them.

There is no nuance here, dude. It's an ethnic cleansing.

Creeper

Reaction score
The war was already winding down by the time we dropped those bombs. But the comparison here isn't apt. The better comparison is our response to 9/11. How did that work out for the US?
The war in the Pacific was not winding down. The US just fought one of the bloodiest battles of the war in Okinawa, which led to the conclusion an invasion of Japan would cost 1 million US lives and the lives of about 10 million Japanese, not to mention the war would go on for another 2-4 years. That fact is, the firebombing of Tokyo killed more Japanese civilians than either of the atomic bombs we dropped. The bombs forced the Japanese to surrender before we had to firebomb other Japanese cities killing millions more people. William Tecumseh Sherman said, "War is hell." He also said, "You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our Country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out." If you don't want the cruelty of war, then don't start a war.

It is easy to second guess history but at the time Americans had been at war for almost 4 years and had been aware of numerous atrocities committed by the Japanese again US and British POWs as well as Chinese and Philippine civilians. There was no sign Japan would capitulate. For the war to end, something drastic had to happen. The atomic bombs saved lives, maybe millions of Japanese lives.

Creeper

Reaction score
I cannot imagine how you find peace in a place where acts of barbarism are not just committed by terrorists, but condoned by so many people around the world.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Their intention is to starve the people in Gaza. That's the intent. Not hard to understand. When you cut off all valuable resources to 2 million people, the intent is to harm them.

There is no nuance here, dude. It's an ethnic cleansing.
Ethnic cleansing is not the right word.

It is called a siege. It has been used in warfare for a long time.

You might also want to look at what we call "sanctions", and what they do to people

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ethnic cleansing is not the right word.

It is called a siege. It has been used in warfare for a long time.
It's an ethnic cleansing when you crowd 2 million innocent people into one area, blockade the exits, and then cut off valuable resources to ALL OF THEM - that's an ethnic cleansing.

I also already posted, this is a war crime. When you intentionally harm innocent civilians, this breaks the code. Thanks for playing. Anyone else want to try to point out the "nuance" of slaughtering innocent people?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It's an ethnic cleansing when you crowd 2 million innocent people into one area, blockade the exits, and then cut off valuable resources to ALL OF THEM - that's an ethnic cleansing.

I also already posted, this is a war crime. When you intentionally harm innocent civilians, this breaks the code. Thanks for playing. Anyone else want to try to point out the "nuance" of slaughtering innocent people?

Cutting off valuable resources is a war tactic being used on most of the world at the moment, and it is going to get worse. There is an official agenda about it. There are going to be a lot of cold people this winter due to it

I don't disagree with you, but don't be naive about it

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Then you make them care, which is exactly what the Geneva Convention is about. At some point you folks will start to realize Hamas aren't the only savages in all of this.

I mean, we are in a real dark period where people jump through hoops to justify over a million innocent civilians being harmed intentionally. Some need to search their souls because they are wayward.
The Palestinian people are guilty by association of any atrocity that Hamas commits. You can't have it both ways by differentiating between the two. So welcome to the way of war. It's not pretty, it's downright brutal but everything possible must be done to counter the actions of Hamas including depriving it of any comfort that sustains them including water and electricity. The terrorists of Hamas pay no attention to any modern laws of war, or any norms of any kind so they should not be afforded the protection of the Geneva Convention. The counteroffensive that the Israeli Defense Force wages should not cease until every Hamas member and sympathizer is dead, no matter where they are in the world. This is not genocide, it's exterminating a plague on this planet, just as should have happened to the Nasis in WWII. Hamas is no different, committed to the annihilation of all Jewish people. Never Again!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let's Remember who THEY say they are. This is not about land or oppression. THIS IS ALL ABOUT KILLING THE JEWS. If you ignore it, you have selected a side. This choice matters.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure how anyone can defend Israel....
Israel did not start this. Learn history not your revisionist version of it. The Gaza Strip is Israeli land that was given to the so-called Palestinians to live and manage. Israel did this to create a more peaceful situation. But the Palestinians were never happy with having land to call their own and make the best of. Instead, they trashed it overpopulated it, and insisted they wanted more or even all of Israel. In a perversion of democracy, the Palestinians elected Hamas (a terrorist group) to be in charge of their government. So the Palestinian people are not so innocent in all this. Yes, they are also brutalized by Hamas but elections have consequences. You get what you elected to give power to. Hamas's charter does not equivocate about what it's all about, the annihilation of all Jewish people. As hard as they have tried, Israel can no longer try to coexist with people who want them exterminated. Hamas has now shown its true colors by attacking Israel... the atrocities are well documented. The butchery of Jewish babies, the burning of people alive, the slaughtering of innocent concertgoers, and the taking of hostages to force Israel to come to get them. I can easily defend Israel. Israel has the right to exist and defend itself. And now the Israeli people are unified on a singular mission... eliminate Hamas for all time. Do on to Hamas what was done to them tenfold to ensure deterrence from this ever happening again.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Israel did not start this. Learn history not your revisionist version of it. The Gaza Strip is Israeli land that was given to the so-called Palestinians to live and manage. Israel did this to create a more peaceful situation. But the Palestinians were never happy with having land to call their own and make the best of. Instead, they trashed it overpopulated it, and insisted they wanted more or even all of Israel. In a perversion of democracy, the Palestinians elected Hamas (a terrorist group) to be in charge of their government. So the Palestinian people are not so innocent in all this. Yes, they are also brutalized by Hamas but elections have consequences. You get what you elected to give power to. Hamas's charter does not equivocate about what it's all about, the annihilation of all Jewish people. As hard as they have tried, Israel can no longer try to coexist with people who want them exterminated. Hamas has now shown its true colors by attacking Israel... the atrocities are well documented. The butchery of Jewish babies, the burning of people alive, the slaughtering of innocent concertgoers, and the taking of hostages to force Israel to come to get them. I can easily defend Israel. Israel has the right to exist and defend itself. And now the Israeli people are unified on a singular mission... eliminate Hamas for all time. Do on to Hamas what was done to them tenfold to ensure deterrence from this ever happening again.
You reap what you sow.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good article from the WSJ on possible Lebanon involvement. This is the danger I wrote earlier. The first powder keg to turn this into a major international event.

Middle East produces 27% of world’s petroleum. Russia is 12%. Not to mention China, with their eyes set on Taiwan, is probably excited with western countries distracted with open check books now on two major fronts.

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-ea...r-fears-grow-of-a-second-battlefront-cda25139

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Cutting off valuable resources is a war tactic being used on most of the world at the moment, and it is going to get worse. There is an official agenda about it. There are going to be a lot of cold people this winter due to it

I don't disagree with you, but don't be naive about it
Cutting off resources intentionally to innocent civilians to get to your target IS A WAR CRIME. With what is coming out of the UN, they seem to agree these tactics are crimes against humanity.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The Palestinian people are guilty by association of any atrocity that Hamas commits. You can't have it both ways by differentiating between the two. So welcome to the way of war. It's not pretty, it's downright brutal but everything possible must be done to counter the actions of Hamas including depriving it of any comfort that sustains them including water and electricity. The terrorists of Hamas pay no attention to any modern laws of war, or any norms of any kind so they should not be afforded the protection of the Geneva Convention. The counteroffensive that the Israeli Defense Force wages should not cease until every Hamas member and sympathizer is dead, no matter where they are in the world. This is not genocide, it's exterminating a plague on this planet, just as should have happened to the Nasis in WWII. Hamas is no different, committed to the annihilation of all Jewish people. Never Again!
The Palestinian people are 40% made up of children. Also the argument that war is ugly - okay, I guess all Israeli people are guilty by association with the IDF. So the slaughtering of those Israeli's is just....war, bruh.

Difference is, you're defending once sides atrocities. I'm not. What Hamas did is a war crime. What Israel did is a war crime. And each and everyone's top officials should be facing a military tribunal.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
"Boy"?

@mattjames2010 you make a number of well-founded comments regarding the Israeli and Hamas conflict.

However, you have repeatedly denigrated other people (not just their views, but the individuals) to the point you're losing credibility.
Um, I'm not going to play nice with members here who say "Yes slaughtering innocent civilians is justifiable because...war ugly".

I have no obligation to play nice with anyone saying that. Site rules will not make me go against my morals. You took issue with one word while ignoring JoeKing's absolutely disgusting take on the matter.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Um, I'm not going to play nice with members here who say "Yes slaughtering innocent civilians is justifiable because...war ugly".

I have no obligation to play nice with anyone saying that. Site rules will not make me go against my morals. You took issue with one word while ignoring JoeKing's absolutely disgusting take on the matter.
What war strategy would you use to protect civilians?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Palestinian people are 40% made up of children. Also the argument that war is ugly - okay, I guess all Israeli people are guilty by association with the IDF. So the slaughtering of those Israeli's is just....war, bruh.

Difference is, you're defending once sides atrocities. I'm not. What Hamas did is a war crime. What Israel did is a war crime. And each and everyone's top officials should be facing a military tribunal.
You need to educate yourself on what a lawful military target is. It's not as you see it, all the same. There is a difference between collateral damage and a war crime. I'll give you a distinct difference between how the IDF operates and how Hamas operates. Before the IDF drops bombs on an area populated by civilians it drops pamphlets by air to inform the population to "leave that area or die" and the people are given time to do so. Contrary to that Hamas restains and prevents the civilians from leaving, using them as human shields. Hamas hide their weapons in populated areas, again using the population as human shields. Israel has the right to retaliate. It's not a war crime to do so.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Good article from the WSJ on possible Lebanon involvement. This is the danger I wrote earlier. The first powder keg to turn this into a major international event.

Middle East produces 27% of world’s petroleum. Russia is 12%. Not to mention China, with their eyes set on Taiwan, is probably excited with western countries distracted with open check books now on two major fronts.

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-ea...r-fears-grow-of-a-second-battlefront-cda25139
If China were to attack Taiwan it would indeed be a bad situation but our military is capable of responding effectively to more than one hot spot at a time. Taiwan would be properly defended. The continuation of our technological advances depends on it. Taiwan produces microcircuit chips that make our technology work.

Flamma

Reaction score
You need to educate yourself on what a lawful military target is. It's not as you see it, all the same. There is a difference between collateral damage and a war crime. I'll give you a distinct difference between how the IDF operates and how Hamas operates. Before the IDF drops bombs on an area populated by civilians it drops pamphlets by air to inform the population to "leave that area or die" and the people are given time to do so. Contrary to that Hamas restains and prevents the civilians from leaving, using them as human shields. Hamas hide their weapons in populated areas, again using the population as human shields. Israel has the right to retaliate. It's not a war crime to do so.
Why do you even bother? It's clear he has a dog in this fight. He is definitely not someone looking in from the outside without bias. You need to do some backflips to ask how anyone can defend Israel for their actions.