Current odds on where Belichick will be coaching next year

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Parcels wanted to be GM and Head Coach.

Belicheck was GM and Coach. He claims he is willing to forgo some power now. I assume that means he is willing to concede GM'ing and focus on coaching. His name was tarnished after Brady left...murmurings that he cant win without a QB and that he made bad draft picks.

I think Bill just wants to coach and get his 14 wins. I dont think he cares about complete control anymore...and he has said as such. The only thing I think Bill wants to control is that he goes to a team with a serviceable QB and talent. Bill is too old to spin his wheels turning around a rebuild....it could take him 3 or 4 years to get those 14 wins...and I think he is definitely looking to avoid that situation.
I'm really hoping what you're saying is true, if the Cowboys take him up on his desire to coach for Dallas. Whether he might be capable of turning the current crop of players into a championship-caliber team or not remains to be seen. The Cowboys definitely must have a RB capable of being a starter who can provide an all-around running, blocking and lead-back kind of performances. I do believe Bill is demanding enough to serve their needs for eliminating their tendencies to get an excessive number of penalties.

Acquiring another big, run-stuffing DT would also help to serve their run plugging abilities considerably. They would also do well to acquire a promising right tackle for their OL and a speedy WR. In other words, they have a significant number of needs to be attended to. Whether or not Bill Belichick could deal capably with accommodating the development of those needs is really a fair question to be answered.

Last edited:

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
are those real odds at actual betting sites, or only hypothetical? I'm not a gambler, but haven't found any real prop bets with odds anywhere like that.

daveferr33

Reaction score
one was cleveland, and what HC has had success there?
He was the main reason Parcells won those NYG superbowls, he was the DC.
The early NE SB's were won not because tom or the offense was great, but due to bills defense which was very good.
Both NE super bowl wins against the rams were defensive masterpieces.

Bagman

Reaction score
His success as a head coach came with Tom Brady. He made the playoffs only twice without Brady, dating back to his years at Cleveland and he had a losing record without him. He couldn’t even win with Drew Bledsoe who Bill Parcells reached the Super Bowl with.
So you think Bill Belichick WON'T make the Cowboys a contender? Fine. I respect your opinion but It's my opinion that he's a winner. He builds winners. It takes 53 guys to win and he assembled 7 SB winners. That's insanely good. I'd love to have that guy on my sideline. Sorry if you wouldn't.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I'm really hoping what you're saying is true, if the Cowboys take him up on his desire to coach for Dallas. Whether he might be capable of turning the current crop of players into a championship-caliber team or not remains to be seen. The Cowboys definitely must have a RB capable of being a starter who can provide an all-around running, blocking and lead-back kind of performances. I do believe Bill is demanding enough to serve their needs for eliminating their tendencies to get an excessive number of penalties.

Acquiring another big, run-stuffing DT would also help to serve their run plugging abilities considerably. They would also do well to acquire a promising right tackle for their OL and a speedy WR. In other words, they have a significant number of needs to be attended to. Whether or not Bill Belichick could deal capably with accommodating the development of those needs is really a fair question to be answered.

Maybe Dallas isnt on his list due to the holes that are needed. Bill might only be entertaining 'plug and play' teams that have a couple of holes.

My opinion is, due to the post-Brady Patriots, Bill will not come back unless he has a vet bus driver. I dont think he is interested in dealing with young QB's.

If Sala in New York is on the hot seat...that would be my guess as to where Bill goes, assuming Rogers wants to play a few more years. Northeast, Rogers, good defense, reasonable talent on both sides of ball.

Belicheck is going to go to a team that he thinks can add to his legacy(think Houston/Stroud)...or to a team where he can get his 14 wins asap and ride off into the sunset.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you think Bill Belichick WON'T make the Cowboys a contender? Fine. I respect your opinion but It's my opinion that he's a winner. He builds winners. It takes 53 guys to win and he assembled 7 SB winners. That's insanely good. I'd love to have that guy on my sideline. Sorry if you wouldn't.
We were a contender the past three seasons. We were contenders in previous seasons. He wouldn’t get the Cowboys any further than they’ve gotten. Bill Parcells couldn’t even win a playoff game with the Cowboys. Belichick was a winner when he had Tom Brady. In 5 seasons as the Browns head coach, he had only one winning season. He had back-to-back 5 win seasons in Cleveland and New England. He was 5-13 with Drew Bledsoe, his first couple of seasons in New England. He was on the hot seat with the Patriots and everything for him changed when Tom Brady took over.

He’s only made the playoffs twice without Tom Brady. I said the day Brady left New England that it would be downhill from Belichick….bingo! Not only has he proven he can’t win without Brady, but he’s too old. When New England pushed him out and he was available, no one wanted him. There’s a reason the Pats moved on from him. He interviewed for at least one head coaching job. NFL teams want younger head coaches. The game keeps changing and you have to evolve with younger innovative coaches.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BB will never come here because he wants more control then Jethro will give up

as hard core as he is though, would love to see the interaction between him and the soft turds on this team
Maybe BB can turn the soft turds into hard turds. :muttley:

None of us knows what Jerry actually does as to control the coaches and their decisions. Some just think they know.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe Dallas isnt on his list due to the holes that are needed. Bill might only be entertaining 'plug and play' teams that have a couple of holes.

My opinion is, due to the post-Brady Patriots, Bill will not come back unless he has a vet bus driver. I dont think he is interested in dealing with young QB's.

If Sala in New York is on the hot seat...that would be my guess as to where Bill goes, assuming Rogers wants to play a few more years. Northeast, Rogers, good defense, reasonable talent on both sides of ball.

Belicheck is going to go to a team that he thinks can add to his legacy(think Houston/Stroud)...or to a team where he can get his 14 wins asap and ride off into the sunset.
There's no question but what Jerry and Stephen have set things up for 2025 to be a year of "retooling", if that word strikes a familiar sound. I do not think it'd be anything that a young, up-and-coming coach would mind settling into, despite the adjustments that such a deal would require. It seems to me that the Cowboys' FO has chosen to set things up that way for some young, aspiring HC to "sink his teeth into." We definitely have plenty of youngsters that could benefit from having a young HC to develop his charges into the newer up-to-date ways of playing today's game.

gtb1943

Reaction score
these people who think a QB sets the roster, hires the staff, makes the game plans, handles FA, does the draft are truly out to lunch

FanofJerry

Reaction score
We were a contender the past three seasons. We were contenders in previous seasons. He wouldn’t get the Cowboys any further than they’ve gotten. Bill Parcells couldn’t even win a playoff game with the Cowboys. Belichick was a winner when he had Tom Brady. In 5 seasons as the Browns head coach, he had only one winning season. He had back-to-back 5 win seasons in Cleveland and New England. He was 5-13 with Drew Bledsoe, his first couple of seasons in New England. He was on the hot seat with the Patriots and everything for him changed when Tom Brady took over.

He’s only made the playoffs twice without Tom Brady. I said the day Brady left New England that it would be downhill from Belichick….bingo! Not only has he proven he can’t win without Brady, but he’s too old. When New England pushed him out and he was available, no one wanted him. There’s a reason the Pats moved on from him. He interviewed for at least one head coaching job. NFL teams want younger head coaches. The game keeps changing and you have to evolve with younger innovative coaches.
Personally...I dont get the young coach thing at all.

I dont buy into the 'complacency" argument and that its that much of an issue.

Could a young coach have more 'fire' to breathe at players...sure. But...like Chip Kelly said when with the Philadelphia Eagles and if he gets into yelling matches at practice, his response was "This isnt Harry High School"

There is plenty of coachable talent. If some young coach wants to go recruit the 5 biggest lineman off the streets he can find, but can only make them work at football by yelling at them...have at it. Having to yell to get square pegs into a round hole seems weird to me.

Are young coaches so much more focused and driven because they have goals that older coaches dont have? I think that thought makes sense on paper, but dont know if it actually means anything material.

Information travels so fast now. A coach doing something innovative at a high school in Florida will have every pee-wee, middle school, high school, college and NFL coach int he United States looking at what he does within a few weeks, if what he does is working. Does he have one idea, or is he constantly coming up with ideas? One coach that does one thing innovative doesnt mean he will succeed at the upper levels.

The 'innovative' x and o's thing doesnt seem to be important to me unless it was a coach that had new ideas every week. I doubt many college or pro coaches have good ideas every week.

The 'young' guy with fire that is going to force his players to play and force his way up the ranks because he has goals that he wont stop pursuing until they are completed? I mean...ok. The guy is driven because he sleeps less than other people and only thinks about work....ok.

What I am getting at is....Im kinda tired seeing that saying all the time in sports coaching. It just seems like something that sounds good but really doesnt mean anything.

gtb1943

Reaction score
There were numerous sources after BP left where Jethro reportedly said he would never give up that much control again and I do not see BB coming here without AT LEAST the same control BP got

gtb1943

Reaction score

I dont buy into the 'complacency" argument and that its that much of an issue.

Could a young coach have more 'fire' to breathe at players...sure. But...like Chip Kelly said when with the Philadelphia Eagles and if he gets into yelling matches at practice, his response was "This isnt Harry High School"

There is plenty of coachable talent. If some young coach wants to go recruit the 5 biggest lineman off the streets he can find, but can only make them work at football by yelling at them...have at it. Having to yell to get square pegs into a round hole seems weird to me.

Are young coaches so much more focused and driven because they have goals that older coaches dont have? I think that thought makes sense on paper, but dont know if it actually means anything material.

Information travels so fast now. A coach doing something innovative at a high school in Florida will have every pee-wee, middle school, high school, college and NFL coach int he United States looking at what he does within a few weeks, if what he does is working. Does he have one idea, or is he constantly coming up with ideas? One coach that does one thing innovative doesnt mean he will succeed at the upper levels.

The 'innovative' x and o's thing doesnt seem to be important to me unless it was a coach that had new ideas every week. I doubt many college or pro coaches have good ideas every week.

The 'young' guy with fire that is going to force his players to play and force his way up the ranks because he has goals that he wont stop pursuing until they are completed? I mean...ok. The guy is driven because he sleeps less than other people and only thinks about work....ok.

What I am getting at is....Im kinda tired seeing that saying all the time in sports coaching. It just seems like something that sounds good but really doesnt mean anything.
Reid is the current king of the hill and how old is he?

Up until a few years ago BB was king of the hill and how old was he?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The game keeps evolving and you need young energetic coaches that are in tune with todays game. The game passes a lot of these old coaches by. It’s not hard to figure out why most teams are hiring younger head coaches. Most of the old head coaches had their success when they were younger. Andy Reed is having great success with Kansas City because he has a great team and a great young QB. When his QB declined in Philly he stopped having success and got fired.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The Hoody may find this year off generates just enough exposure to NFL to keep him content with a much-welcomed renewal of a personal life away from coaching.
Belichick wants to break Don Shula’s record. That’s what is driving him. I don’t recommend hiring him just to break Shula’s record, then retire. Belichick is done, IMAO. I prefer a young coach. Heck, I’d hire back Kellen Moore as HC before I’d hire Belichick.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The game keeps evolving and you need young energetic coaches that are in tune with todays game. The game passes a lot of these old coaches by. It’s not hard to figure out why most teams are hiring younger head coaches. Most of the old head coaches had their success when they were younger. Andy Reed is having great success with Kansas City because he has a great team and a great young QB. When his QB declined in Philly he stopped having success and got fired.
How are older NFL coaches not in tune with the game?

From an x an o's perspective? Seems like million dollar a year jobs at stake would keep these guys up to date.

Or...are you suggesting that these old NFL coaches havent been around young kids in decades and how they respond to coaching? Example: kids in pop-warner today might respond different to coaching they today's NFL players. In that scenario...a rookie NFL coach this year might be out of touch with being able to coach a kid in 15 years?

I just dont get it. It's just a concept that sounds good. Bill might be too close to old, but I dont think his low energy outweighs his wisdom yet. He can hire coaches to yell at the players.

Unless its proven that older coaches are significantly more conservative at play calling or something like that...I just think its all very very marginal. Even then...I dont think risk/reward has anything to do with being young or innovative. Now that analytics is out of the bag and changing the game...why would taking risks only be something a young coach could do? Makes no sense to me.

And if its for longevity with an Org...the whole premise of this idea flys in the face of longevity. Example: If an Org wanted a young coach in the case he turns into a Dynasty level coach....wouldnt a new younger coach ruin the guys Legacy because he is younger and more innovative? It makes no sense to me.

I dont know...it just sounds good but there is no real science to it, imo.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I don't want the deflategate and cameragate scandal here. Any success will have a tarnished asterisk with it. No thanks, don't care how good he was supposed to be...

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I'll say again, if Jerry wanted Bill, he would be here by now. Especially since by signing Dak and CeeDee, it's clear Jerry wasn't trying to tank and clean house, but just stay relevant. Bill will want to win.