Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Source tells CSN Bay Area that 49ers will release QB David Carr on Thurs at 1 pm. Carr was scheduled to take up $2.375 million in cap room.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Free agent DeAngelo Williams is expected to choose between the Panthers, Broncos, and Giants on Wednesday.
According to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi, the Panthers have a "slight lead." Last we heard, the Broncos were making defensive line (Cullen Jenkins? Aubrayo Franklin?) a priority over running back. The Giants reportedly have Williams as a Plan B behind Ahmad Bradshaw. We should have an answer on free agency's most important fantasy factor by this evening.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4008775 said:
Well if Jsteelz is reporting it......

They are really solid sources with ties to the skins organization. But if you guys don't want me to post the info, I'll stop.

It's just going to be regurgitated in some article anyway, where do you think JLC gets his info :)

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput on Tyron Smith.

Stephen Jones, you 'da man. Now get along with all the other pots on the stove, but get Smith into practices now. :starspin

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Hearing that Steve Breaston and Todd Haley could end up having a reunion in KC.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
AmishGangsta;4008783 said:
They are really solid sources with ties to the skins organization. But if you guys don't want me to post the info, I'll stop.

It's just going to be regurgitated in some article anyway, where do you think JLC gets his info :)

He posts like a 14 year-old girl, has like 400 followers, and used the term pukes.

Just sounds like he has his pom-poms out for Cullen Jenkins already.

We'll see. My condolences to Jenkins career if he goes to that ****-storm.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4008809 said:
He posts like a 14 year-old girl,

Most people who post on twitter use their phones.

Was an insider years ago, who many doubted (despite him being 95% right on everything), ended up being Karl Swanson (skins PR).

All teams have leaks, some of it is deliberate, some of it is not (some smoke).

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
With Santonio signed, and Braylon Edwards likely too expensive to keep, Randy Moss has emerged as an option for the Jets. More on NFLNetwork

Nightshade

Reaction score
AmishGangsta;4008540 said:
@AdamSchefter: Santonio Holmes early numbers: 5
years, $50 million, including $24 million guaranteed/

:eek:

Maybe the Skins were just trying to jack his price up?

I wonder how much he left on the table to shaft the skins. How ever much it was.. good on him. One ring just wasn't enough I guess. Some of these guys are getting the picture.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
david canter Congratulations to DEC MANAGEMENT client Eric Weddle on becoming the highest paid safety in NFL history. San Diego Super Chargers

:money:

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
MonsterD;4008969 said:
david canter Congratulations to DEC MANAGEMENT client Eric Weddle on becoming the highest paid safety in NFL history. San Diego Super Chargers

:money:

:laugh2:

Glad we passed.

Nightshade

Reaction score
Gaede;4008768 said:
Skins this year remind me of the Spurrier season that they ran with Wuerrfel at QB. His ego convinced him that the QB didn't matter and that his system would work wonders with any scrub in there

yeah. don't kid yourself. Shanny and Danny want Luck. and I'm not talking about horse shoes.

There outa be a law against this kinda thing.:mad:

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
Nightshade;4008942 said:
I wonder how much he left on the table to shaft the skins. How ever much it was.. good on him. One ring just wasn't enough I guess. Some of these guys are getting the picture.

I don't think they ever had a chance, and I'm not sure why they even bothered. That one puzzles me.

Just watch hard knocks and see how often Rex Ryan refers to him being one of his favorite players and him being "the best player on the field".

...and yeah, he did turn down more money from somebody, apparently..

I do know there is interest in regurgitated , and it would make sense for them to target both and drive ones price up to get the other. But it's a stretch.

Reaction score
Nightshade;4008982 said:
yeah. don't kid yourself. Shanny and Danny want Luck. and I'm not talking about horse shoes.

There outa be a law against this kinda thing.:mad:

Skins may not be a very good team this year, but they are far from the worst. I don't see how they are going to get the #1 pick in next years draft to get Luck. And whoever gets that #1 pick will NOT trade it.

The Skins are not going to get Andrew Luck.

Nightshade

Reaction score
RXP;4008993 said:
Skins may not be a very good team this year, but they are far from the worst. I don't see how they are going to get the #1 pick in next years draft to get Luck. And whoever gets that #1 pick will NOT trade it.

The Skins are not going to get Andrew Luck.

Banking on Grossman to get it done for them huh? Sure hope your'e right and they stay at about 5 or 6 wins. Fine by me.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Looking at what the Skins paid for Cofield and Johnson got in Carolina, you gotta figure Jenkins' contract will AT LEAST fall somewhere in the middle.That's too high given his age, position and injury history. I'd rather just break the bank for a Seymour/Peppers player than overpay a guy like Jenkins who could be a JAG-type player in 2 years.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
AmishGangsta;4008746 said:
Cowboys, Broncos and Skins, all still bidding on Cullen Jenkins (you guys still in the running):

@Jsteelzout2dome:
@rd421
@LL56xtremeskins
@TKextremeskins close but not done.. Denver and Dallas try to talk
to ... Def close though"

http://twitter.com/#!/Jsteelzout2dome

So this is going to cost money to whoever gets him?

He's considering two teams in rebuilding mode, one without a QB at all.

He's looking to cash in. I don't want him. He's got his ring, he probably wants to set up his retirement and coast.