Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JustDezIt;4009167 said:
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Jets are prepared to pay free agent Nnamdi Asomugha $12 million a year.
The question is whether that will cut it for Asomugha, who at the start of free agency was rumored to be commanding upwards of $20 million per season. In the story linked below, SI's Peter King insists, "If you don't think Rex Ryan is pushing for this, you're crazy." The Jets, for now, look to be the front-runners for Asomugha. But the 49ers are pushing hard according to multiple reports, and the Texans look to still have some interest.

If this is accurate, time to throw our 'hat' in the ring and make an offer.

Who else would be good with 4 years $48 million?

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
stasheroo;4009194 said:
If this is accurate, time to throw our 'hat' in the ring and make an offer.

Who else would be good with 4 years $48 million?

count me in.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
by caplannfl
With Santonio Holmes gone, the Commanders may go after Braylon Edwards over Sidney Rice.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009211 said:
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
by caplannfl
With Santonio Holmes gone, the Commanders may go after Braylon Edwards over Sidney Rice.

Braylon is the AFC version of Roy Williams. We can only hope that he is their number 1 WR this season.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Barry Cofield signs with skins for:

6 years, $36 million according to Rich Campbell. $12million guaranteed. Serious coin. Seems a bit much, but maybe he'll thrive in the 3-4.

he is 4 years younger than Cullen Jenkins.....who is the Cowboys dline going to be in 2011...a huge question mark that is garnering very little attention...how many 3-4 teams run this d without a huge nt?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009167 said:
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Jets are prepared to pay free agent Nnamdi Asomugha $12 million a year.
The question is whether that will cut it for Asomugha, who at the start of free agency was rumored to be commanding upwards of $20 million per season. In the story linked below, SI's Peter King insists, "If you don't think Rex Ryan is pushing for this, you're crazy." The Jets, for now, look to be the front-runners for Asomugha. But the 49ers are pushing hard according to multiple reports, and the Texans look to still have some interest.

i'm sorry I know he is a great CB but I would not pay him 12 million a year. We are complaining about releasing terence because he makes 8 and we are going to sign nmandi for 12 a yeaR??? If he was 26 then maybe but not at 30

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4009220 said:
i'm sorry I know he is a great CB but I would not pay him 12 million a year. We are complaining about releasing terence because he makes 8 and we are going to sign nmandi for 12 a yeaR??? If he was 26 then maybe but not at 30

This.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4009220 said:

12 was him giving them a discount.

davey999

Reaction score
Personally I don't want Namdi or Jenkins.

Unless you are under 30, forget it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bowdown27;4009220 said:

For 1/3rd more money (actually a bit less than that), I'll take the 30 year old Asomugha over the 33 year old Newman.

I think Asomugha is easily 1/3 better than Newman.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
davey999;4009232 said:
Personally I don't want Namdi or Jenkins.

Unless you are under 30, forget it.

So you'd cut Newman then?

yentl911

Reaction score
Would you guys pay NA 12 mil a year when we could possibly get two solid starters for similar money? I would not. Too much for just one guy.

I hope we get a safety like Landry along with another vet lineman - either O or D.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Broncos traded WR Jabar Gaffney to Washington for DE jeremy Jarmon.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If the jets were serious about Nmadi their offer would be higher. Despite the rumors that Nmadi wants to get into Theater, no way will that discount work - not that much.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yentl911;4009260 said:
Would you guys pay NA 12 mil a year when we could possibly get two solid starters for similar money? I would not. Too much for just one guy.

I hope we get a safety like Landry along with another vet lineman - either O or D.

You're paying approximately $10 million this year for Newman.

Does that change your mind?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4009263 said:
If the jets were serious about Nmadi their offer would be higher. Despite the rumors that Nmadi wants to get into Theater, no way will that discount work - not that much.

Pretty far off that $18-$20 million number you were throwing around.