Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

Reaction score
Nightshade;4009003 said:
Banking on Grossman to get it done for them huh? Sure hope your'e right and they stay at about 5 or 6 wins. Fine by me.

Grossman is just good enough to have the Skins picking in the 5-10 range. They have a better chance of trading up for Matt Barkley if he declares next year.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Looks like Orton to Dolphins is going to happen

@AlbertBreer Albert Breer
RT @MichelleBeisner: My sources telling me that the Broncos and Dolphins are in serious trade talks - could happen within the next 6 hours.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
MonsterD;4009022 said:
Looks like Orton to Dolphins is going to happen

@AlbertBreer Albert Breer
RT @MichelleBeisner: My sources telling me that the Broncos and Dolphins are in serious trade talks - could happen within the next 6 hours.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Dolphins and Broncos engaged in trade talks that would send Kyle Orton to Miami. Both teams would like to make it happen.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009040 said:
Dolphins and Broncos engaged in trade talks that would send Kyle Orton to Miami. Both teams would like to make it happen.

That'd be a good move for Miami.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CCBoy;4008784 said:
Thanks for the imput on Tyron Smith.

Stephen Jones, you 'da man. Now get along with all the other pots on the stove, but get Smith into practices now. :starspin

Glad to contribute to the maddness.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Deangelo Williams signs with the Panthers

@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Carolina and RB DeAngelo Williams reached agreement on a five-year, $43 million deal that includes $21 million in guaranteed money.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4009010 said:
So this is going to cost money to whoever gets him?

He's considering two teams in rebuilding mode, one without a QB at all.

He's looking to cash in. I don't want him. He's got his ring, he probably wants to set up his retirement and coast.

I'd imagine he's going to cost a pretty penny. But I have a lot of confidence in Bruce when it comes to structuring contracts/salary cap - I'd imagine it's going to be incentive laden.

That's "the one" positive thing the skins have going for them right now and - they prepared for well for this year, came into free agency with one of the best cap situations in the league.

People ask "what exactly has changed?" but I'd say there's a big difference in the way Bruce Allen runs things and the way Vinny Cerrato did.

Now all they need to do is replace Snyder (or at least put a muzzle on him) and they'll be set in two years.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009040 said:

Bus driver for Sparano. Now go get yourself Barber. Enjoy the mediocrity.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Seattle reached agreement with former Raiders guard Robert Gallery on a three-year deal. Gallery and Tom Cable reunited.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009159 said:
Seattle reached agreement with former Raiders guard Robert Gallery on a three-year deal. Gallery and Tom Cable reunited.

I wasn't keen on getting him anyway.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Jets are prepared to pay free agent Nnamdi Asomugha $12 million a year.
The question is whether that will cut it for Asomugha, who at the start of free agency was rumored to be commanding upwards of $20 million per season. In the story linked below, SI's Peter King insists, "If you don't think Rex Ryan is pushing for this, you're crazy." The Jets, for now, look to be the front-runners for Asomugha. But the 49ers are pushing hard according to multiple reports, and the Texans look to still have some interest.

davey999

Reaction score
Question: Is Carlos Rogers done? Could he be a cheaper CB option?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
davey999;4009171 said:

Did Jonathan Joseph sign anywhere yet? I would take him over Rogers.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
davey999;4009171 said:

Rogers is a solid CB, he just can't catch the ball. I know he wants to goto Dallas or Philly.

Bad thing is, he wants to be paid like a top tier corner.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
texbumthelife;4009179 said:

nope. heard he was talking with philly but nothing else as of yet.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have emerged as the favorites to land free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.
"I've been hearing a lot of momentum about Bradshaw to Miami," reported La Canfora Wednesday afternoon. DeAngelo Williams just knocked it out of the park with a ridiculous contract from the Panthers, and Bradshaw should be able to come pretty close. The Fins are being highly aggressive today, targeting their new feature back and new starting quarterback (likely Kyle Orton).

texbumthelife

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009188 said:
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have emerged as the favorites to land free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.
"I've been hearing a lot of momentum about Bradshaw to Miami," reported La Canfora Wednesday afternoon. DeAngelo Williams just knocked it out of the park with a ridiculous contract from the Panthers, and Bradshaw should be able to come pretty close. The Fins are being highly aggressive today, targeting their new feature back and new starting quarterback (likely Kyle Orton).

In what bizarro world should Bradshaw get anywhere near what Williams got?!?

davey999

Reaction score
texbumthelife;4009179 said:

No, but with the teams spending money like they are , it doesn't seem like we can compete.