Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Lombardi reported the texans are close to acquiring nmandi. Jets likely won't have money.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Haynesworth numbers:

NEPatriotsDraft NE Patriots Draft

RT @adbrandt: Commanders have paid Haynesworth $35.6 million in 2 yrs. Patriots acquire him for $12.6 for next 2 yrs, with nothing guaranteed.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4011781 said:
Lombardi reported the texans are close to acquiring nmandi. Jets likely won't have money.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Jets are more than $10 million UNDER salary cap, according to two NFL capologists. Might make the Jets the favorite to land Nnamdi Asomugha.
3 hours ago

but yeah you right im hearing texans at the moment.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
newnationcb;4011529 said:
He's from Washington.

Superbowl and then go back home to play and retire, who can fault a player for that. Plus the money.

I didn't think he would have much fire and desire left anyway.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4011781 said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/207387/football-headlines?r=1

The Texans have "moved into the lead" for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

The Texans must be doing some serious restructuring. Lombardi says that Asomugha's money will be in the $12-$14 million per year range, which is more than the Texans were expected to fork over. Still, this could be a ploy from Asomugha's camp to drive the Jets' offer up. The bidding war is on for the best free agent available.

davey999

Reaction score
According to S.Jones on the ticket we are not negotiating with any OL besides Free and Kosier. Great.

I should clarify. He said "right now". Happy with WR position as well.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4011077 said:
nfldraftupdate
#Commanders have reached out to free agent NT Shaun Rogers. With DT A.Haynesworth perhaps on way out, Rogers viewed as potential fit as 3-4 NT.

I asked some folks about him, this seems to be baloney. ^^ He'd be too expensive.

Nightshade

Reaction score
AOA and Elam at Safety.

If that's true then we all can take heart that in 2 years I'm sure AOA will shine.

JBS

Reaction score
If we play Elam and AOA at safety..and according to davey we arent going after another OLmen..then what positions are left to fill? DE? maybe a WR..is there anything else?

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
newnationcb;4011529 said:
He's from Washington.

Superbowl and then go back home to play and retire, who can fault a player for that. Plus the money.

I was wrong on that bro. Kris Jenkins went to Maryland. Cullen went to Michigan.

My bad^^

I'd heard they had ties to the area, but I obviously misinterpreted that.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
davey999;4011811 said:
According to S.Jones on the ticket we are not negotiating with any OL besides Free and Kosier. Great.

I should clarify. He said "right now". Happy with WR position as well.

The trick in ALL OF THIS Free Agent frenzy is the fact that NONE of these guys can practice until August 4th. August 4th is a very important day in all of these negotiations. So, when Steven siad they're not negotiating right now, I think he's saying, once the initial FA wave passes this weekend, Dallas will be VERY busy. Just watch.