Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
NinePointOh;4011489 said:
A 31-year-old journeyman who cashed in on one good year after 7 subpar ones.

He'll be playing under the same coach in Philly who many credit for his success in Tennessee (Washburn). Didn't get a whole lot of guaranteed money, so if he's a one year wonder, Philly gets off the hook easy. Solid pick-up.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
NinePointOh;4011488 said:
ProFootballTalk

We're told that the Commanders are closing in on a deal for Cullen Jenkins. Not done yet, though.

4 minutes ago

Was just going to post this. He got his ring now he wants the money. I really wanted him but obviously he doesn't care about winning going to Washington

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4011508 said:
Was just going to post this. He got his ring now he wants the money. I really wanted him but obviously he doesn't care about winning going to Washington

He's from Washington.

Superbowl and then go back home to play and retire, who can fault a player for that. Plus the money.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
JBell523;4011496 said:
He'll be playing under the same coach in Philly who many credit for his success in Tennessee (Washburn). Didn't get a whole lot of guaranteed money, so if he's a one year wonder, Philly gets off the hook easy. Solid pick-up.
He played for Philly in 2009 and got 2.5 sacks. He's going to have a tougher time playing in the nfce.

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4011508 said:

For the most part the Commanders haven't overpaid this offseason. I know it'll take a long time to kill the reputation they have, but one step at a time. I think he could get a deal somewhat close to what they'll give him in a couple other spots.

newlander

Reaction score
SkinsFan82;4011566 said:
For the most part the Commanders haven't overpaid this offseason. I know it'll take a long time to kill the reputation they have, but one step at a time. I think he could get a deal somewhat close to what they'll give him in a couple other spots.

.....he's older, injury prone and.......well now he's going to be on the foreskins...where OVERPAID FA's go to die......see Bruce Smith, McFlabb, Fat Albert, etc.....best of luck!!:)

Mash

Reaction score
Would of loved to have Jenkins...but I wouldnt overpay for him....and it seems now the market states that average players are getting overpayed.

Philly has made some solid moves......I just dont understand Arizona...there not making the playoffs and now they give up a CB and a 2nd rd pick for a unproven player like Kolb?

Robbery

NinePointOh

Reaction score
SkinsFan82;4011566 said:
For the most part the Commanders haven't overpaid this offseason.

What, you mean in the two days since teams have been allowed to agree to terms? Yeah, pretty much nobody else has, either.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/7/28/2300074/brandon-stokley-washington-Commanders-free-agency
Brandon Stokley Backtracks, Won't Sign With Commanders, According To Agent

Jul 28 9:32a by Joel Thorman

The Washington Commanders have been busy in free agency acquiring receivers. They started off re-signing WR Santana Moss to a three-year deal, then traded for WR Jabar Gaffney and agreed to terms with WR Brandon Stokley. That made 14 receivers on the roster, which seemed like a lot.
You can now strike that down to 13 receivers. According to Stokley's agent, he won't be signing in Washington citing "too many WR's signed."

(read more)

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Commanders traded Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rnd pick.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
MonsterD;4011747 said:
Commanders traded Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rnd pick.

just woke up and saw this. great move by the pats

speedkilz88

Reaction score
SkinsFan82;4011566 said:
So how much a year do you think they give him?

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
by caplannfl
Hearing Houston has moved into the lead for Nnamdi Asomugha—money will be in the 12-14 mill per year range...Revis makes 11.5 per year

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
The Vikings are making a "serious run" at free agent James Jones, according to beat writer Judd Zulgad.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@ClaytonESPN John Clayton
Watch for the Vikings to pursue Braylon Edwards after losing Sidney Rice

@JuddZulgad JuddZulgad
One WR to keep an eye on in the free agent market when it comes to Vikings is Malcom Floyd (San Diego). Hearing there's interest.

haha looks like minny needs some wr's