Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
JeffInDC;4020475 said:
I keep thinking that the best combo ($ wise & experience in Ryan's system) would be Pool & Elam.

I wouldn't hate it...but I haven't watched Elam much since he left here a few years ago. Pool...I'm on the fence.

Either way, they'd be a notable upgrade over what we fielded last season.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
anava;4020482 said:
I can't get over Sensy's "business decision" last year. I want a nasty safety back there that wants to lay someone out.

We saw that from a lot of players on our defense last year. It was almost contagious. The fact that it seemed to be a mindset shared by the entire defense leads me to believe that the opposite could be true this year.....that Ryan's infectious attitude could make these guys want it more....make them meaner. One can only hope...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
anava;4020482 said:
I can't get over Sensy's "business decision" last year. I want a nasty safety back there that wants to lay someone out.

I agree....but remember players usually assume the demeanor and personality of there coach.....Cupcake never demanded much from his guys and there were certainly no consequences for those types of "business decisions".....I think Sensy would flourish under Ryan/Red. I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

Mash

Reaction score
I dont know....

When you are winning and in a hunt for a playoff spot.....players will lay it all on the line.

But when you start 1-6....out of playoff contention.....players will make a business decision more often then not......especially if they are a FA the next year.

Sure Wade was soft.....but there were years we had some nice runs....I thought the players played hard....showed some heart......the team didnt quit.

Its always easy to blame someone....Wade wasnt a great head coach...and sure the players quit .....but they quit mostly because the season was over half way thru the season....some bad breaks...some bad decisions and the season was done.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suggests that the "market may be drying up" for free agent DE Cullen Jenkins.
The Cowboys are out of the mix after signing Kenyon Coleman and Marcus Spears, and the same can probably be said for the Commanders after the Stephen Bowen move. There have been loose reports linking Jenkins to New Orleans, but he wouldn't fill a big need there. With Jenkins' price tag almost certainly coming down, perhaps the Packers will reconsider the idea of re-signing him

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Nose tackle Kelly Gregg will not be returning to the Ravens at a reduced price, as many in Baltimore hoped.

PFT’s Mike Florio has confirmed that Gregg has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Chiefs, pending his physical. NFP first reported the news.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
I've been told #Jets aren't bringing back Braylon Edwards. #NYJ likes him, but they don't have $$ to re-sign him. Source: "It won't happen"

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
EdBouchette Ed Bouchette
by Fantasy_Guru
Plaxico Burress had breakfast with #steelers coach Mike Tomlin at St. Vincent College this AM

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
anava;4020482 said:
I don't blame you for feeling the way you do about Sensy.

But we need someone back there who can cover not lay someone out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
dillinger319;4019856 said:
I think this is a good deal for both of them, Walker gets a qb that can hit him in the end zone and Bradford gets a WR that can go up and get the ball....
Walker's problem has been his health. If he can give them a full season, then this is a win-win.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
daringantt Darin Gantt

Cards sign Richard Marshall. Good, not great CB. Needed change of scenery. I think the contract situation distracted him deeply.
1 hour ago

Philip Buchanon

Sorry, for the twitter suspense... On the team I will be playing with this year. #NFL. #update: We are talking to #Commanders #Jets and #AZ.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I don't know if it's been posted but mebane is staying with Seattle. 5 years 25 million

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4020710 said:
I don't know if it's been posted but mebane is staying with Seattle. 5 years 25 million

that's it?

Good deal for Seattle.

Mash

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4020710 said:

5 mil a year.....hmmm.......would of been nice if it was for Dallas.....

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
by AdamSchefter
The Jets got a CB, Donald Strickland. He agreed to a one-year deal. Good role player. Now, they have to work hard on signing Cromartie
1 hour ago

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
nfldraftupdate Dion Caputi
#Patriots OG Logan Mankins has officially signed his franchise tender as well. Both him and V-Jax re-signing became expected after #lockout.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
For those unsure, OT Jared Gaither to the #Raiders is/was officially done. The mammoth LT will re-unit with coach Hue Jackson.
1 hour ago

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
#Jets begin allocating money elsewhere - re-sign S Eric Smith to a 3-year deal, worth $7.5M
1 hour ago

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
#Raiders & #49ers remain legitimately involved in talks with CB Antonio Cromartie, along with the #Jets.

Former #Broncos TE Daniel Graham drawing interest from #Steelers & #Titans. Will visit both teams in all likelihood.
1 hour ago

#Chargers re-sign OG/C Scott Mruczkowski.
1 hour ago

#Jets agree to a 3-year deal with P Chris Bryan.
1 hour ago