News: CW: Cowboys could clear over $60 million in cap space without extending Dak

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are not interested in clearing space. They want to spend as little actualy cash as possible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We've been over this for several weeks.

Some just keep saying was don't have any money or cap space over and over and over.

I guess they think if they keep repeating it maybe it will come true or everyone will believe it.
The fuss is over nothing. No surprises here. Fans get too worked up over it. It’s not how our dysfunctional leadership operates.

This is their time of year to vacation :)

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s not the players fault the owners are idiots.
No doubt and not blaming them.

Ought to be interesting to see how this group feels about management not even trying to field a winner.

Parsons already said they didn’t do enough last year and have lost several players and signed none.

I really don’t even see why anyone would want to play here or what kind of game they think they are playing, but I guess if they can live off Super Bowls from 30 years ago they can milk a few years out of 12 win seasons and still be treated like rock stars.

I cannot believe there are people walking this earth dumb enough to show up at Oxnard chanting Jerrys name as if he is some hero.

This season has absolute disaster written all over it, and if vindictive Jerry thinks he is going to teach Prescott a lesson for not giving him a discount, he is dumber than I figured.

Meanwhile the kid remains happy to not have to take signing bonus money out of his inheritance fund.

If you’re gonna dump the season, at least trade the tradeable players for draft picks, but they don’t even do that. It’s criminal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Ought to be interesting to see how this group feels about management not even trying to field a winner.

Parsons already said they didn’t do enough last year and have lost several players and signed none.

I really don’t even see why anyone would want to play here or what kind of game they think they are playing, but I guess if they can live off Super Bowls from 30 years ago they can milk a few years out of 12 win seasons and still be treated like rock stars.

I cannot believe there are people walking this earth dumb enough to show up at Oxnard chanting Jerrys name as if he is some hero.

This season has absolute disaster written all over it, and if vindictive Jerry thinks he is going to teach Prescott a lesson for not giving him a discount, he is dumber than I figured.

Meanwhile the kid remains happy to not have to take signing bonus money out of his inheritance fund.

If you’re gonna dump the season, at least trade the tradeable players for draft picks, but they don’t even do that. It’s criminal.
I hear ya. Very frustrating. It’s why it’s difficult to take our franchise too serious anymore. It’s pure entertainment value.

Beyond the Circus atmosphere and toxic environment we still get 60 minute games at least for17 weeks. That’s what it’s been reduced for me.

And they are my local team and game so I’ll watch and root them on since I’m watching NFL anyway. But I’ve detached the emotional connection years ago.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
According to NFL writer K.D.Drummond, the Dallas Cowboys could clear over $60 million in cap space this week without extending Dak Prescott’s contract by making moves with other’s guys’ contracts and using Dak’s current contract. How? According to Drummond:

“The Cowboys aren’t beholden to anything here, though clearly a long-term agreement with Prescott would be the best way to create the most additional cap space. Remember though, Dak Prescott currently has two void years on his deal and like what they did with Zack Martin, they likely have language built in to add one or two more void years, allowing them to convert Prescott’s salary into a restructure bonus, adding more cap space.”

Again…all that WITHOUT extending Dak Prescott’s contract. They could make additional moves with Lamb, Diggs, Steele and cut LVE among others. This just drives me crazy when we hear SJ rail about the cap restrictions that 31 other teams don’t seem to have trouble handling. The Cowboys either chose NOT to seriously pursue FA or are just flat incompetent.

For details, read the article below.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...65m-cap-space-without-extending-dak-prescott/
They use this excuse believing the fan base is stupid. Stephen is just cheap and doesn't want to spend money. They don't own the Cowboys to win super bowls they own them because its a cash cow.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

Going to be funny when our own players refuse to re-sign or just takes the money and show up.....

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They want to win, they don’t have a deep burning desire that pains them to win. That’s what the last few days have shown the fan base.

Let’s see how the rest of the off season plays out but right now that’s the message. Actions>>>words

JonesBoys

Reaction score

This right here blows my mind how stupid people are. Treating Jerry like a rock star when he is the reason they haven't won anything in almost 3 decades just shows how dumb some of this fan base is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
exactly this Dak thing is what they are banking on with the fans "We had to pay the QB" its BS..other teams are paying QB's and making the teams better with FA's..stop letting this FO of the hook because of the QB...hell if you dont like the QB guess who is to blame for his pay????
If the Cowboys keep paying Dak, it means they truly like him, regardless of you fans who don't.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I’m flat out infuriated over the timing on that Netflix thing…especially after Jerry’s comment.

Do they actually have a plan and work on improving the team or just worry about marketing and making money?

They just don’t care about slapping fans in the face, and I really don’t know who it is that continues to buy into their crap.

I’ve about 90% turned to where I am going to actively root for their failure. I have no idea how anyone continues to support this act.
Exactly!

Jerry has been slapping us in the face for 29 years and everybody’s finally catching on to this charade of “All In.”

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
What is the point of doing that at this point, when no one is left? I think Jerry and Stephen were banking on putting pressure on Dak thru the fans and media. That backfired on them big time. I think we're all tired of this act by the Jones family.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200.gif

kevm3

Reaction score
Working in this FO has to be the easiest job aside from what McClay does with the draft. You literally just need to go on vacation every year and blame the players for being too greedy to sign free agents.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This right here blows my mind how stupid people are. Treating Jerry like a rock star when he is the reason they haven't won anything in almost 3 decades just shows how dumb some of this fan base is.
Jethro Jone$ is the most hated sports personality in Dallas/Ft Worth are while the Cowboys are most popular franchise. It’s a double edged sword and mixed bag of emotions.

We realize how detrimental he is to football operations. But we don’t hold it against the players and still root them on.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What is the point of doing that at this point, when no one is left? I think Jerry and Stephen were banking on putting pressure on Dak thru the fans and media. That backfired on them big time. I think we're all tired of this act by the Jones family.
Yep, your right it's all about the Dak contract. After the way Jerry got taken to the cleaners over Dak's last contract we should of seen this coming. Ill keep repeating it, but it would be interesting to see what both parties want. Jerry probably wants a lengthy contract, Dak's probably quite willing to take his $34m this year and then a $60m per 3 year contract in 2025 (from whoever's willing to pay most).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the Cowboys keep paying Dak, it means they truly like him, regardless of you fans who don't.
Yea, this fan forum hasn’t always been a good barometer of Cowboys Nation.

Despite the frustration and disappointment from another poor performance and early exit in playoffs Dak is still a popular player.

Most fans realize he wasn’t only one who crapped the bed. Entire team choked.

But I’m not sure Jethro endorsing Dak and over hyping and paying him is necessarily a good sign. I don’t think most fans want to be aligned with Jethro. They know we probably aren’t a playoff team without Dak .

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jethro Jone$ is the most hated sports personality in Dallas/Ft Worth are while the Cowboys are most popular franchise. It’s a double edged sword and mixed bag of emotions.

We realize how detrimental he is to football operations. But we don’t hold it against the players and still root them on.
So if you were GM what would you offer Dak?