CZ. Meet Trey Lance

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only way it makes sense for me is if the team moves on from Dak and goes with Lance and the young man does well.

Otherwise? Yeah, it’s a mess.
No...otherwise it's a 4th round draft bust. And that NEVER happens to any other team EVER.

Yeah it's Dallas a little bit more drama so what?

Come on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’ve labeled Lance a loser after 4 games but still believe in Dak after 8 years.

Makes sense, bro!
who says I believe in Dak? you keep saying it, so that you can have an argument given your 24x7x60x60 obsession with Dak (undeniable at this point).
Your point is not Dak. your goal is to argue. and Dak gives you a good subject to do just that. you have never ever posted anything actually football related. its all TMZ stuff.
I guarantee 1000%, Dak leaves and you will find another player to just create an argument around and become 24x7x60x60 obsessed.

and in your simple mind, I don't whole heartedly, insanely, passionately, obsessively, 100% pre-occupied 24x7x60x60 hate dak like you do, thus I must believe in Dak.

wow what it must be like to live in such a simple mind.

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s certainly going to get a chance to show something.

Lance was so young when drafted - not quite 21 when the niners picked him in 2021. And he’s just 24 now. The thing that I believe has hampered Lance is his lack of experience coming into the NFL. He had only started 17 games in his college career when drafted- all at N. Dakota State, so he wasn’t playing against top competition every week. Being “NFL ready” as a young QB usually includes starting at least 24 games.

Contrast that to a guy like Michael Pennix Jr, who was drafted 8th by Atlanta this year, who believe it or not is one day older than Trey Lance, and goes into his rookie year in Atl having started 45 games as a college QB. Even Caleb Williams who came out as a Jr is 22 and has started 33 games against Power 5 competition.

Lance has always been a developmental project who has lots of raw talent but has not shown he can master the mental intricacies of being an NFL QB.
For all the love Shanny and Lynch get they blew that pick big time.

Flamma

Reaction score
Or if we get knocked out of playoff contention. If we go 2-9 or something then I see a situation where Trey starts without Dak being injured.
I don't even think it will happen then. Usually when a team collapses like that it's the coach that gets fired.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Or if we get knocked out of playoff contention. If we go 2-9 or something then I see a situation where Trey starts without Dak being injured.
2-4 at the Bye with Dak playing abysmal and Lance having a great preseason.

It would be the perfect time.

Flamma

Reaction score
hmmm, they just declined his 5th year option, which was only 25M, putting him in the bottom half of the QB salaries in the league.

now you think they are going to hand out a multi year contract? why?
Same situation with Jordan Love. They didn't pick up his 5th year but signed him to a 1 year deal at roughly half of what the 5th year would have paid him. Dallas could do something like that. I don't see a multi year deal happening.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Same situation with Jordan Love. They didn't pick up his 5th year but signed him to a 1 year deal at roughly half of what the 5th year would have paid him. Dallas could do something like that. I don't see a multi year deal happening.
to what end? Love shown he can lead a team to playoffs and win one.

Lance!? not so much. so perhap bargain basement. and everyone will celebrate we paid little for our QB. we won the QB salary battle.

or am I missing something? the point is to get better. is Lance making us better?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
to what end? Love shown he can lead a team to playoffs and win one.

Lance!? not so much. so perhap bargain basement. and everyone will celebrate we paid little for our QB. we won the QB salary battle.

or am I missing something? the point is to get better. is Lance making us better?
I think he should get an opportunity FIRST before saying he can't.

Injury and new team might have delayed that. Why not give this kid a chance?