CZ. Meet Trey Lance

Flamma

Reaction score
but dallas declined the 5th year option and didn't give him another contract. Love got his contract redone and that was smart from GB to get him for an extra year. Jordan getting to money quicker. and that small redo, made him more money than his guaranteed 5th year option.

they both hedged their bets. GB had 4 years to watch Love and had seen him in games and he had shown glimpses that he could be a good starter.

we haven't seen anything from Lance in Dallas. except as 3rd stringer in practice.
his NFL game tape, albeit limited (just like Love), was way way worse than Love.

I rather give it to rush or gomer pyle, get a top 5 pick and move on.
The Packers declined Love's 5th year option and gave him a 1 year deal instead. Making way less than he would have made on the 5th year option. Not more. Love hasn't looked good in any games he played until roughly midway through last year. I can't imagine him being happy playing for 13 million this year.

If Dallas gave Lance 13M for next year, it would be almost exactly the same situation. There are no differences here. Love did nothing to earn the 13M when they gave him the 1 year deal.

The biggest difference is that Lance won't be starting this year. Love got to start his 4th year.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I'm all for if the guy makes the team better....put him in there and make him the starter. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the preseason