CZ. Meet Trey Lance

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That's what you said when Dak went down...but Coop saved the season.
"tank NOW for a high pick!"

I suppose you'll say you didn't say that. The board was FILLED with it back then and suddenly now, nobody said it. :rolleyes:
They hate poor Rush to this day for killing their “if Dak can’t win with this roster nobody can” narrative.

All Rush did was save the season for Dak to come back and ruin it.

He don’t deserve their hate.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I just want to see how Trey does in a preseason game or two
People act like he's some unknown. This will be his 4th season and can't even see the field any longer. We have already seen him in regular season games for a franchise that can make QBs look way better than they are and he still looked bad. Surrounded by all that talent on offense and defense. Not asked to do a ton.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
People act like he's some unknown. This will be his 4th season and can't even see the field any longer. We have already seen him in regular season games for a franchise that can make QBs look way better than they are and he still looked bad. Surrounded by all that talent on offense and defense. Not asked to do a ton.
So you had to have thought Jordan Love sucked too since he couldn't see the field all those years, right?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
They gave up a 4th rd pick for a guy with some talent. I’ll wait before I pass judgement on the kid. He seems like he has the right attitude, and the one thing that Dak is doing that I like is he’s training with the guy something the prior QB1 did not do. Time will tell how it plays out, but I’m excited to see him in PS.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's what you said when Dak went down...but Coop saved the season.
"tank NOW for a high pick!"

I suppose you'll say you didn't say that. The board was FILLED with it back then and suddenly now, nobody said it. :rolleyes:
I said that? can you show me where? but people to make up **** to win an argument.

I have said it and will say it again. Rush didn't produce offensively. we were 22nd and worst in every offensive category. the defense won the games by keeping the opponents to an average of 13 point. now, if you can tell me we will have a defense that can play a whole season at that level. I will get gomer pyle to play QB and I guarantee you a superbowl.

yeah, just make up stuff and lie. who is going to stop you.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trey Lance certainly offers a good impression of his general mental preparation for what to say and how to say it. No doubt, we'll learn far more of what to expect of his performances on the field of play during training camp and the preseason games. I'm hoping his performances speak for themselves and that he'll manage to qualify as a solid #2 backup for the Cowboys this year. Beyond that, it'll surely be interesting to learn how far he can take his career in his experiences with the Cowboys. I'm personally hoping for some very good things for himself and the team, as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think he should get an opportunity FIRST before saying he can't.

Injury and new team might have delayed that. Why not give this kid a chance?
lets give him a chance. never said don't. but also unlike you and so many others, I am not making up excuses because of injuries, delayed development, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.

he got drafted based on potential and supposed talent. just like all other QBs. top 3. franchise player.
he got a chance to play. didn't show anything. it was awful. if he was talented, at least he would show a little. he showed none.
and in preseason he showed none.
and as I said, NFL circles people talk, they watched him practice for 3 years. you don't think people know?

so give him a chance, but chances of him being any good is what? about 5% at best. and even then the ceiling doesn't look like an elite QB. looks at best top 15.
so you complain about performance of a top 15 QB. now you want to swap. to what end? what's your end goal? win? or just get rid of Dak, because the two aren't equal. getting rid of Dak doesn't automatically translate to championships.
disclaimer: this post is not advocating for keeping dak, supporting dak or saying he is any good.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Lance may not pan out, but people talking about crazy possibilities like they’ve never happened before is weird considering relatively recent history. First of all, in 2016 when both Romo and Moore went down and Dak jumped from third to first string, no one thought the season would end up like it did. Second of all, some years ago when Dak got injured in the first game of the season, people thought the season was over but Rush came in and led the team to four or five straight victories salvaging the season.

Flamma

Reaction score
to what end? Love shown he can lead a team to playoffs and win one.

Lance!? not so much. so perhap bargain basement. and everyone will celebrate we paid little for our QB. we won the QB salary battle.

or am I missing something? the point is to get better. is Lance making us better?
You're missing something. Love didn't just get that contract after the win. He got that before the playoff win. Similar to as if Dallas gave Lance a 13M contract for next year. Before he won anything.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're missing something. Love didn't just get that contract after the win. He got that before the playoff win. Similar to as if Dallas gave Lance a 13M contract for next year. Before he won anything.
but dallas declined the 5th year option and didn't give him another contract. Love got his contract redone and that was smart from GB to get him for an extra year. Jordan getting to money quicker. and that small redo, made him more money than his guaranteed 5th year option.

they both hedged their bets. GB had 4 years to watch Love and had seen him in games and he had shown glimpses that he could be a good starter.

we haven't seen anything from Lance in Dallas. except as 3rd stringer in practice.
his NFL game tape, albeit limited (just like Love), was way way worse than Love.

I rather give it to rush or gomer pyle, get a top 5 pick and move on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lets give him a chance. never said don't. but also unlike you and so many others, I am not making up excuses because of injuries, delayed development, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.

he got drafted based on potential and supposed talent. just like all other QBs. top 3. franchise player.
he got a chance to play. didn't show anything. it was awful. if he was talented, at least he would show a little. he showed none.
and in preseason he showed none.
and as I said, NFL circles people talk, they watched him practice for 3 years. you don't think people know?

so give him a chance, but chances of him being any good is what? about 5% at best. and even then the ceiling doesn't look like an elite QB. looks at best top 15.
so you complain about performance of a top 15 QB. now you want to swap. to what end? what's your end goal? win? or just get rid of Dak, because the two aren't equal. getting rid of Dak doesn't automatically translate to championships.
disclaimer: this post is not advocating for keeping dak, supporting dak or saying he is any good.
That's the spirit! Cheer him as best you got it in ya!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said that? can you show me where? but people to make up **** to win an argument.

I have said it and will say it again. Rush didn't produce offensively. we were 22nd and worst in every offensive category. the defense won the games by keeping the opponents to an average of 13 point. now, if you can tell me we will have a defense that can play a whole season at that level. I will get gomer pyle to play QB and I guarantee you a superbowl.

yeah, just make up stuff and lie. who is going to stop you.
Like i said...suddenly NOBODY said it.

Qcard

Reaction score
He seems to be under the media radar. It's the first interview I have seen with him as a Cowboy. Also some interesting video clips in the background. .

Stay after for Overshown. :)

We did already....I love Skinny Dak aka Trey :lmao: :lmao: