D Line has me real nervous

rockj7

Reaction score
In the movie Major League after they go through spring training the local news paper post the roster a couple of guys in the diner reads some of the names and says I've never heard of some of these guys before. Another group of fans say Who are these #$*@ing guys. That's how I'm feeling. I'd post the video from YouTube but their is adult language in it and I know we are running a family friendly forum here.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The offense his probably going to have to score 30+

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Nothing to be nervous about ....... our D is gonna suck ........ and suck even worse when Lee has his yearly trip to the trainers office for a few weeks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shame the OL's we will face do not share your feeling. I envision a lot of fans yelling "get him! Get him! GET HIM!!!!!" as QBs have far too much time to find their receivers and while I don't have a lot of confidence in our secondary in coverage, our LB's may actually be worse.

Ken

Reaction score
I actually have some blind faith. I think we will be very good at DT, we really have a good situation there. The fact that Tyrone Crawford can kick out to end helps as well since we have depth there.

David Irving is a good player with serious upside. I don't know anything about Mayowa but he looks the part. Lawrence comes back and all of the sudden we look different at end. IF....a big IF....Gregory comes back, he adds to the depth and talent at the position and gives us a chance to really do something in the 2nd half of the year.

I am willing to see how this thing plays out...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The offense his probably going to have to score 30+
I thought that from the get go but felt better about that with QB1 in there. That's the problem that most rookie QBs have, they're forced to score and that's when the mistakes come. Until he makes them nervous, every DC will want the game in our young QB's hands and Zeke is going to find a lot of defenders on that line. The template was laid out years ago on how to defend rookie QB's. However, when they try to shut down the run game, there will be open receivers. If Dak can make them pay, they will back off and play a more balanced D but every Grandma in this country knows we have to run the ball..whether they follow the game or not.

And that, used to be all important stat, TOP, won't matter if we can't stop them form scoring.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
DT should be fine.

DE is cross your fingers, hope for a miracle situation.

I'm just the opposite...I think we will be OK @ DE. I can live w/

LDE- Irvin/Mayowa
RDE-J.Crawford/Tapper/Wilber

Key being Wilber. He really flashed this pre-season. Had to be paying attention.

I'm more concerned w/ the junk @ DT. Shaneil Jenkins, Okoye, Coe all out played McClain, Collins and Thornton...yet here we are trotting out Marinelli's skinny DTs again. We are gonna get gashed in the run game...yet the blame will go on the LBers. Just watch.:rolleyes:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm just the opposite...I think we will be OK @ DE. I can live w/

LDE- Irvin/Mayowa
RDE-J.Crawford/Tapper/Wilber

Key being Wilber. He really flashed this pre-season. Had to be paying attention.

I'm more concerned w/ the junk @ DT. Shaneil Jenkins, Okoye, Coe all out played McClain, Collins and Thornton...yet here we are trotting out Marinelli's skinny DTs again. We are gonna get gashed in the run game...yet the blame will go on the LBers. Just watch.:rolleyes:
I think your mic is broke, dude.

I can't hear ya.................

rwalters31

Reaction score
Shame the OL's we will face do not share your feeling. I envision a lot of fans yelling "get him! Get him! GET HIM!!!!!" as QBs have far too much time to find their receivers and while I don't have a lot of confidence in our secondary in coverage, our LB's may actually be worse.

What!! The secondary sucks? Our LBs are worse? As far as I know the DL pressure is the only concern. I have the LBs as takeaway kings and the 2nd as pretty good. Now granted the first game has not been played yet, but I think you will see a few takeaways. Not good enough to win the game but we do have a pretty good offense. The thing I see in this game is the Giants new defense and how our staff and new QB will handle it. :omg:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh good, another one of these threads. I bet if all of these threads were merged into a...our D sucks...threads, it will be longer than 5 War and Peace novels, and the thread count will be halved.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DT should be fine.

DE is cross your fingers, hope for a miracle situation.

Yep.. DT is going to be much improved.

DE... We're just holding on until Lawrence gets back and hoping we get some production somewhere.

Dallas needs to bring heat.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yep.. DT is going to be much improved.

DE... We're just holding on until Lawrence gets back and hoping we get some production somewhere.

Dallas needs to bring heat.

IF Dallas can get pressure up the middle and the DE's contain rather than crash.............could be a long night for Eli.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Oh good, another one of these threads. I bet if all of these threads were merged into a...our D sucks...threads, it will be longer than 5 War and Peace novels, and the thread count will be halved.

Only 5 War and Peace copies? Seems like an underestimate.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I'm worried as well but I think we'll be ok. We got by with the likes of Selive, Hayden, and Mincey the past few years. Expectations shouldn't be much lower than that. I'm still holding out hope for Irving and our interior line to be better. Also Lawrence back after week 4 and to an extent Gregory.