D Line has me real nervous

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ok ........ were they good last year? When they had Hardy, Gregory, and Lawrence?

Hardy was double teamed. Gregory was a rookie and Lawrence struggled in 1st half. We didn't have Scandrick and MClaiborne wasn't healthy in the secondary. Our secondary should be better with those 2 guys back, not great, but better. And we have an improved TCrawford & DIrving with CThornton (new guy), Tapper (new guy), TMcClain (hurt last year didn't play), MCollins (new guy), BMayowa (new guy). These guys right here we haven't seen yet playing together. That's my point. You don't know they will suck, you have no clue what their play will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

Daillest88

Reaction score
The linebakers worry me more then the defense line. I believe our secondary will be much improved this year. I remember everyone saying our defense in 2014 was going to be worse then 2013..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just contributed to its length by complaining about it.

If you don't like it, why not just ignore it? These complaints about threads within threads are ridiculous. No one is forcing anyone to read or respond and this thread happens to be about a part of the D Sucks, not the entire D sucking. And the OP crossed a baseball analogy from one of the greatest sports comedies of all time and deserves recognition not criticism.

Well alrighty then....I can complain and post in the same thread. ....so this post will make it a little longer....more enjoyment for you to read.....
I can recognize and I can criticize, after all isn't that what these our D sucks are doing all the time....criticizes the d and the team....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True. Hopefully we lead most of the time and control the clock on offense where we can just tee off on the QB most of the time. With our D-Line they can dink and dunk us to death if we don't have a lead.

I'm sure that's going to be the plan to try and control the ball like we did in 2014 by leaning on the run. Building leads and wearing opponents down while keeping our defense fresh that's really our only chance at a solid season unless the defense surprises and is a lot better than expected. We got a glimpse of the issues we're likely to have defensively against Seattle in the dress rehearsal. Even though they had been struggling offensively during the preseason they gashed us with the run. If we lose the battle in the trenches and can't stop the run our defense will be on the field all the day and the strength of our team won't get as many opportunities with the ball. Someone started a thread prior to the preseason on how do we turn Dak into Russell Wilson and my response was give him the Legion of Boom. Russell Wilson became a solid QB by having a great back to lean on and a great defense.

Seattle was able to scale back with Wilson his rookie year because the Seahawks could win games with their defense. Wilson was never put in a position where he was forced to become pass happy, he was able to manage games. He wasn't being asked to throw 35 TD's or pass for 4000 yards because of his defense and having an elite RB to lean on. Seattle didn't have the receivers so had Wilson not had a defense that could bail out their offense some weeks the Seahawks wouldn't have sniffed 11 wins that season. The play of our defense is going to dictate what we have to do offensively to win games and the last thing we need this season is to ask Dak to be Tony Romo. I could see Dak having a pretty solid rookie season if our running game is as good as I think it will be and our defense surprises and plays like a solid, respectable unit but I'm not expecting it to.

Sydla

Reaction score
The linebakers worry me more then the defense line. I believe our secondary will be much improved this year. I remember everyone saying our defense in 2014 was going to be worse then 2013..

DT doesn't worry me as much. DE worries me. That's a motley bunch we are trotting out on opening night. When your owner/GM claims your disappointing strongside LB is your "secret" weapon at DE, that's gotta make you soil your pants a little bit.

MLB scares me a bit too. I am just not a fan of Hitchens, the full time starter. I like him as a backup, flex, situational LB.

Daillest88

Reaction score
DT doesn't worry me as much. DE worries me. That's a motley bunch we are trotting out on opening night. When your owner/GM claims your disappointing strongside LB is your "secret" weapon at DE, that's gotta make you soil your pants a little bit.

MLB scares me a bit too. I am just not a fan of Hitchens, the full time starter. I like him as a backup, flex, situational LB.

I'm iffy on hitchens also. 3rd year hopefully he turns it up, broaddus said on Twitter Durant doesn't appear right. If Sean Lee goes down we will be in serious trouble