D Line has me real nervous

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We haven't had a pass rush in ages. It's frustrating, but I don't see what makes this season any worse than the others. Even with Gregory and Lawrence in there, QBs had all day the throw. Shoot, when Ware was here, opposing passers were standing in the pocket making sandwiches before they had to unload the ball. We need one dynamic pass rusher and for the rest of the guys to step up. We haven't had that in ages.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I'm confident in Thornton and Crawford

I will feel far more confident after week 4 when Lawrence and Gregory are back

Having doubts are totally understandable !

I'm keeping the faith that they can play somewhere in the middle of the pack until we get more guys back and then improve as the season goes on to finish somewhere between 10-15

endersdragon

Reaction score
I think our DT situation is fine better than it's been the previous few years, and our DE situation is no worse than it's been the past few years. We allowed what, 20 PPG last year, while having and anemic offense who couldn't get a first down to save their defense's life... How many games last year did our defense make stop after stop after stop after stop in the first half until they finally got too tired and ended up losing; the Seahawks and Pats games come immediately there. If our offense is even a little bit better than that (they should be a lot better than that) our defense should be able to use that success to stay well rested and not give up the big plays.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I'm confident in Thortons durability.
I'm confident that T Crawford will put forth Max effort
I'm confident that J Crawford will get 4-6 sacks this year
I'm confident that the D line will play as hard as they can given their skill limitations
I'm confident that when healthy McClain, Crawford, and Thorton is one the best rotations we have had in years at DT
I'm confident that there will be several threads generated during the season lamenting the FO not getting a REAL DE

Not confident in Mayowa, Tapper, Collins, Irving, Wilber
Not confident in McClain, T Crawford, amd Tapper staying healthy
Not confident that we will get more than 34 sacks
Not confident any player cracks the top 20 in pressures

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the movie Major League after they go through spring training the local news paper post the roster a couple of guys in the diner reads some of the names and says I've never heard of some of these guys before. Another group of fans say Who are these #$*@ing guys.
How did that turn out for them?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm worried as well but I think we'll be ok. We got by with the likes of Selive, Hayden, and Mincey the past few years. Expectations shouldn't be much lower than that. I'm still holding out hope for Irving and our interior line to be better. Also Lawrence back after week 4 and to an extent Gregory.

I always chuckle when people throw the name Mincey in there as if he was some bum off the street.

Mincey had an 8 or 9 sack year in Jacksonville before joining the Cowboys. He was a far more accomplished DE than any player we will trot out at DE 4 days from now.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
George Selvie and Jeremy Mincey ain't walking through that door

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
In the movie Major League after they go through spring training the local news paper post the roster a couple of guys in the diner reads some of the names and says I've never heard of some of these guys before. Another group of fans say Who are these #$*@ing guys. That's how I'm feeling. I'd post the video from YouTube but their is adult language in it and I know we are running a family friendly forum here.
Don't be nervous. I'm just expecting the same crap from the past 5 years. When you view things based on knowledge it makes it easier. If something different happens...it's all good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the movie Major League after they go through spring training the local news paper post the roster a couple of guys in the diner reads some of the names and says I've never heard of some of these guys before. Another group of fans say Who are these #$*@ing guys. That's how I'm feeling. I'd post the video from YouTube but their is adult language in it and I know we are running a family friendly forum here.
DT should be much better than last year.

Irving should be a good LDE.

The big unknown, at least to us the fans, is Mayo. He barely played in 1 preseason game. If he is decent, then the DL should be OK. If not, then it will be a struggle for the 1st four games.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mincey sack totals:

Jacksonville:
2011 - 8
2012 - 3
2013 - 2

Denver:
2014 - 0

And this refutes my point, how?

He wasn't a great DE by any stretch but he was a more accomplished DE than any DE we will roll out against the Giants.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Dallas needs some more bodies @ DE - rotating JAGs are better than exhausted JAGs - the "hold the line for for 4 weeks" plan is beyond dumb when you only need to add a few average players to shore up a real weak spot. Perhaps they are waiting until after the 1st week to do so.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Nothing to be nervous about ....... our D is gonna suck ........ and suck even worse when Lee has his yearly trip to the trainers office for a few weeks.

We have NO idea what our DL is. We haven't seen them at full strength (without Lawrence).

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas needs some more bodies @ DE - rotating JAGs are better than exhausted JAGs - the "hold the line for for 4 weeks" plan is beyond dumb when you only need to add a few average players to shore up a real weak spot. Perhaps they are waiting until after the 1st week to do so.

I thought like you. That they would rotate a bunch of guys, so I was surprised when I saw the initial roster only had 4 DEs on it with one being Tapper, who is battling a bad back. Yeah, I know Wilber is going to play some DE but even then, that's not a very deep rotation.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
While still not great, this is the best group of DTs we've had in a long time.

And if Beatty is plugged in at RT (or if Newhouse just holds that spot down for some reason), I think Irving is a mismatch for them.

Irving is a mismatch for most, but those guys are especially unathletic. Irvings long reach, strength and fluidity could really payoff.

And Ereck Flowers has terrible footwork. I think he'll be fine against what we trot out there, but he's not some all pro here.