D Line has me real nervous

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In the movie Major League after they go through spring training the local news paper post the roster a couple of guys in the diner reads some of the names and says I've never heard of some of these guys before. Another group of fans say Who are these #$*@ing guys. That's how I'm feeling. I'd post the video from YouTube but their is adult language in it and I know we are running a family friendly forum here.

"we will be fine" LOL

No doubt you will hear this from some. Anyone that cares about truly winning something would be petrified of this defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
DT should be fine.

DE is cross your fingers, hope for a miracle situation.

So the most important thing on defense is a miracle situation and you would then categorize that as "we will be fine"? Ok

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm just the opposite...I think we will be OK @ DE. I can live w/

LDE- Irvin/Mayowa
RDE-J.Crawford/Tapper/Wilber

Key being Wilber. He really flashed this pre-season. Had to be paying attention.

I'm more concerned w/ the junk @ DT. Shaneil Jenkins, Okoye, Coe all out played McClain, Collins and Thornton...yet here we are trotting out Marinelli's skinny DTs again. We are gonna get gashed in the run game...yet the blame will go on the LBers. Just watch.:rolleyes:

I would call that lower standards.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
IF Dallas can get pressure up the middle and the DE's contain rather than crash.............could be a long night for Eli.

yah, if everything happens that is not likely it could be.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
So the most important thing on defense is a miracle situation and you would then categorize that as "we will be fine"? Ok

Yeah. Fine compared to what, exactly? I mean, if really bad is "fine", then sure, our DEs will be fine.

Gameover

Reaction score
Can we at least wait until we get a game under their belt before we decide what they are, and what we'll have to score on offense?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yup. Only two teams averaged 30 PPG last year. If our defense can't keep teams in the low 20s, we're going to lose most weeks.

If our offense is having to score that many points each week or even close it's going to be on Dak and the passing game to win each week. We'll have to get away from the run and throw more to try and stay up. If you force a rookie QB to have to put the ball up 35+ each week it's going to lead a long season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
"we will be fine" LOL

No doubt you will hear this from some. Anyone that cares about truly winning something would be petrified of this defense.
yah, if everything happens that is not likely it could be.

Tomorrow, make your own cereal.

That way you'll be sure no one's peeing in it.....................unless of course, you pee in your own cereal.

You've got as much proof for failure as some do for success.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Blitz, blitz and blitz some more.

If we can't provide pressure with our front four a lot of blitzing will leave us vulnerable to big plays. If you live by the blitz you'll die by it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tomorrow, make your own cereal.

That way you'll be sure no one's peeing in it.....................unless of course, you pee in your own cereal.

You've got as much proof for failure as some do for success.

What kind of proof do you need exactly?

Im not one of these football idiots that needs to see something actually happen to predict it. And I am definitely not saying you are.

You want to talk offense I am all roses. You want to talk defense and its not pretty. I didnt make this up, its the way the Cowboys brass has chosen to build or not build their team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What!! The secondary sucks? Our LBs are worse? As far as I know the DL pressure is the only concern. I have the LBs as takeaway kings and the 2nd as pretty good. Now granted the first game has not been played yet, but I think you will see a few takeaways. Not good enough to win the game but we do have a pretty good offense. The thing I see in this game is the Giants new defense and how our staff and new QB will handle it. :omg:
I didn't say they sucked, I have little confidence in them and until they prove they're not the same ole secondary, they are. And this LB corps has one good player and he has a knee issue.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't say they sucked, I have little confidence in them and until they prove they're not the same ole secondary, they are. And this LB corps has one good player and he has a knee issue.

yep..........Linebackers are one swollen knee away from the worst linebackers in the NFL. We already have the worst DE's in the NFL. Cant say that about the secondary, but I wouldnt call our secondary a strength either.

Reactions: BAT

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh good, another one of these threads. I bet if all of these threads were merged into a...our D sucks...threads, it will be longer than 5 War and Peace novels, and the thread count will be halved.
You just contributed to its length by complaining about it.

If you don't like it, why not just ignore it? These complaints about threads within threads are ridiculous. No one is forcing anyone to read or respond and this thread happens to be about a part of the D Sucks, not the entire D sucking. And the OP crossed a baseball analogy from one of the greatest sports comedies of all time and deserves recognition not criticism.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We'll find out Sunday if all the concerns we've had about the DL/defense were valid. We've had a lot of problems over the years pressuring Eli and sacking him. We know from past games with the Giants if you give Eli time he can take you apart. The key to beating the Giants has always been to make Eli uncomfortable in the pocket, it leads to turnovers. If Victor Cruz is anything like the player he used to be and is ready to go on Sunday he and OBJ are going to be a handful.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You just contributed to its length by complaining about it.

If you don't like it, why not just ignore it? These complaints about threads within threads are ridiculous. No one is forcing anyone to read or respond and this thread happens to be about a part of the D Sucks, not the entire D sucking. And the OP crossed a baseball analogy from one of the greatest sports comedies of all time and deserves recognition not criticism.

But no doubt he has no problems with the 1000th.............."our offense will be great" threads.