Twitter: D Magazine: Cowboys’ Super Bowl Window Has Already Closed, they Just Don’t Know it Yet

rambo2

Reaction score
Good article from Jaaaake. Life moves fast in the NFL. Teams if their lucky get a 3-5 year window to do something. Our time has passed with this core. Some of these teams that have been drafting high for several years will now get their turn. Dumb & Dumber will be the last ones to figure this out.

Dumb and dumber have built a good young team and have 9 draft picks.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Yup.

Dak is about to be 30 years old and is overpaid.

The list of QBs that have won the Super Bowl after becoming 30 is very small.

You add overpaid to that and it's even smaller.
Bart Starr
Len Dawson
Johnny Unitas
Roger Staubach
Ken Stabler
Terry Bradshaw
Jim Plunkett
Joe Montana
Joe Theismann
Phil Simms
Steve Young
Doug Williams
John Elway
Tom Brady
Brad Johnson
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford

All of these QBs won titles after turning 30. You are posting disinformation.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh:Imagine thinking there is a window for this team.

GM, Coach, QB. Cowboys are awful at the 3 most important positions in football.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Bart Starr
Len Dawson
Johnny Unitas
Roger Staubach
Ken Stabler
Terry Bradshaw
Jim Plunkett
Joe Montana
Joe Theismann
Phil Simms
Steve Young
Doug Williams
John Elway
Tom Brady
Brad Johnson
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford

All of these QBs won titles after turning 30. You are posting disinformation.
I should have clarified and said "1st Super Bowl" as it would apply to Dak.

I believe there's only 6 or 7 or so QBs that won their first Super Bowl after turning 30, correct?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I should have clarified and said "1st Super Bowl" as it would apply to Dak.

I believe there's only 6 or 7 or so QBs that won their first Super Bowl after turning 30, correct?
Starr
Dawson
Unitas
Plunkett
Theismann
Simms
Young
Williams
Elway
Peyton
Johnson
Brees
Stafford

raven55

Reaction score
dream on you morons Stephen A. is right your all obnoxious fans and don't know when your being played by the jones's. His teams are window dressing and that's all they are a first year qb busted your dream wake up and smell the roses the draft team for the cowboys are a joke. and brock purty has the same playoff experience as dak only thing out of the starts 0f 8 he's closer to the super bowl than dak has ever been. better call the forty niners scout team and get some pointers your's are complete failures

ghst187

Reaction score
I think our contract situation has now slammed the door on any windows. We may have a young core but can we pay Diggs, Micah, and Ceedee? I don’t even think we can pay 2 of them. If we hit the jackpot in the draft at multiple key positions like CB, RB, WR, and DT…then maybe we’d regain a shot but we have too many holes and we now have to pay huge money to keep what we have while currently being OVER the cap and strapped to a choking QB who is swallowing half the cap

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Super Bowl window wasn’t open very wide. We can’t even win a divisional round playoff game.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Good article from Jaaaake. Life moves fast in the NFL. Teams if their lucky get a 3-5 year window to do something. Our time has passed with this core. Some of these teams that have been drafting high for several years will now get their turn. Dumb & Dumber will be the last ones to figure this out.

And here we have a story we found diggin in the old dirty bag: The good old window myth.
After the season always good for some clicks.

Another media idiot i put on ignore. Thanks for sharing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think 7 years is fair enough. It will take a couple of years but the team should start looking now.
It’s likely going to take a lot longer than a couple of years to find a better QB than Dak. I do agree we should start looking now to start developing a young QB who can at least challenge Cooper Rush for the backup position.

Aven8

Reaction score
Two playoff wins in Dak's 7 years and people are still talking about a window that hasn't even opened. Get to a CCG then we can talk windows.
Just the luck of the draw. We’ve gone against the hottest team in football in back to back years. Had Minny won maybe we beat Philly and are headed to SF this week with a healthy Pollard? It is what it is.

Zman5

Reaction score
With the parity in the NFL the windows can open and shut and open again quickly. Look at the EaGirls, and the Niners. EaGirls won a SB then things looked bad for few years due to Wince and now they are a game away from another SB appearance. The Niners were dominant for few years going to the SB with Harbaugh in 2012 and then they had a few bad seasons and then got Shanahan and went to the SB again in 2019.

That's only 7 years between 2 SB appearances under 2 different QBs and coaching regimes. And if the EaGirls go this year, it would just be 5 years between 2 SB appearances under 2 different QBs and coaching regimes.