Twitter: Daboll not resting players

mcmvp

Reaction score
Yeah, you are going the opposite way here with this.

He got hurt. That's clear as day. If the Eagles had won last week, there's literally zero chance he'd be playing this weekend because they'd want to give him the added rest.

Now do I think he's seriously hurt at this point? Nah. He's healthy enough to play for sure. But his status still bears watching. One hit the wrong way and it could re-injure the shoulder and suddenly it's panic central in Philly.

That’s all I’m saying. If they did not have a three game lead in the division… He would’ve played before now.

mcmvp

Reaction score
If you are one of those fans that believes the Eagles are sandbagging with Hurts, you kinda look foolish. Because the Eagles are fooling no one. The Giants are assuming Hurts is playing. So who exactly would the Eagles be sandbagging here by pretending Hurts is still coming back from injury instead of him being totally healthy?

If Sirianni thinks he's pulling a fast one here............... LOL.

I never said he was trying to pull a fast one. He wouldn’t be the first coach to be coy about the health of a key player. It’s done basically every week in this league.

I was laughing because it seems clear that that poster was either counting on him being very hurt, or re-aggravating his injury.

I’m sure the sprain was real… But I also don’t think it took three weeks to heal

Sydla

Reaction score
That’s all I’m saying. If they did not have a three game lead in the division… He would’ve played before now.

I don’t think he could have played right after that Bears game. His shoulder was definitely bothering him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
But even if the Gmen will be playing hard to win don't ya think they're a longshot to compete w Philly and win in Philly??

I think our matchup w the Commanders will be a tougher matchup considering it's our 2nd road game in a row on grass. Thoughts???

I know id feel better playing the Giants vs the Commanders. At least we'd be on turf
Grass is easier on the players than turf.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol sorry about the title mess up

mr short how many times have we won the east only to be one and done???? or maybe two and done?????.....i dont want division titiles anymore......if we rest our guys that is 17 days....i think who cares where we

are seeded we do better back against the wall anyway but better chance to have most of starters near 100%....rest and then prepare for 4-Game BEATDOWN of NFL like the Sheagles did in 2017...or Giants 2011

we can have badass back by then....you want McGovern against these top interior lineman playing center??...when badass was coming into his own?.....just my lowly personal opinion...maybe i am out to lunch?

Parademon

Reaction score
Daboll should play the starters for the 1st qt then pull em and send in the 2nd tier players. Start of the 4th qt, put in the back ups back ups. Throw in a preseason vanilla game plan and start getting ready for the Vikings. I'm just wondering, if we beat Minnesota and you guys beat TB, would we meet in divisional rd?

RonWashington

Reaction score
I saw a stat that was shocking . 26 Barkley has been in on 80 % of the offensive snaps this year leading the NFL I assume at the RB position . He will see little if any action . Tyrod Taylor Davis Webb whoever backs up Jones will play most of the game . Leonard Williams , Thibodeaux anyone who will help them succeed will be spectators . Darius Slayton etc etc . The Giants are going to be logical .

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Don’t see why the starters should rest against Philly. There is a possibility they may play against them in the Divisional round and it is not like they had a great showing in the first game.

They need to see how they matchup. Was the first game a fluke?

Flamma

Reaction score
Don’t see why the starters should rest against Philly. There is a possibility they may play against them in the Divisional round and it is not like they had a great showing in the first game.

I agree with you. If the Giants were some 12-4 powerhouse locked into a seed, fine, take the week off. But no one is taking the Giants seriously. Not even themselves. How is getting blown out again by the Eagles going to help? Beating the Eagles or putting up a good fight could go a long way in giving that team confidence.

But a first year coach won't do it. He's too scared. He'll take the safe route. That's what the Eagles coach did last year. Rest his crappy team. Got stomped by us, then Tampa the following week.

mcmvp

Reaction score

Wow…this is exactly why you rest starters and play vanilla. If Daboll thinks he’s learned something that will give them a better chance of beating them, why in the hell would he risk players and show those cards in a meaningless game?

Sydla

Reaction score

So they play their starters, likely lose and then what? What did they gain?

Protecting players so you know for certain they will be able ot play in the playoffs is more important than some pyschological gain from playing them straight up this weekend.

At this point, this is just some of my fellow fans trying to rationalize or convince themselves the Giants will play the starters just so they might help us. It ain't happening. We are the 5th seed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It makes no difference! The Dallas Cowboys are on a collision course for whatever team they face in the NFCC game. Whoever that may be, RIP! The Cowboys are a team of destiny this year. The Super Bowl is where our season ends as champions.