Twitter: Daboll not resting players

bottleKids

Reaction score
I love the cowboys. Ive prolly been to more cowboys games then the majority of y'all but prior to Cowboys/Att Stadium

I don't like our outdated unsuccessful te checkdown scheme and I think this team needs to evolve but I'ma fan

If you say so......

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Giants are not going to lay down for a team that came into their house with their fans and embarrassed them with a full on beat down. Will the Giants lighten the load for some players? Absolutely, that is what everyone is doing this week. Past history for the Giants spells out play these games to win. Last thing the Giants need is heading into the playoffs after another shellacking from the Division's playoff leader.

The Eagles are in a tough spot here. They have to play with all (available) hands on deck in a game that 4 weeks ago looked as though it would have no bearing on the season.

Cowboys are in a good spot here playing a Commanders team that is working out their roster.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The Giants are not going to lay down for a team that came into their house with their fans and embarrassed them with a full on beat down. Will the Giants lighten the load for some players? Absolutely, that is what everyone is doing this week. Past history for the Giants spells out play these games to win. Last thing the Giants need is heading into the playoffs after another shellacking from the Division's playoff leader.

The Eagles are in a tough spot here. They have to play with all (available) hands on deck in a game that 4 weeks ago looked as though it would have no bearing on the season.

Cowboys are in a good spot here playing a Commanders team that is working out their roster.

But even if the Gmen will be playing hard to win don't ya think they're a longshot to compete w Philly and win in Philly??

I think our matchup w the Commanders will be a tougher matchup considering it's our 2nd road game in a row on grass. Thoughts???

I know id feel better playing the Giants vs the Commanders. At least we'd be on turf

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
But even if the Gmen will be playing hard to win don't ya think they're a longshot to compete w Philly and win in Philly??

I think our matchup w the Commanders will be a tougher matchup considering it's our 2nd road game in a row on grass. Thoughts???

I know id feel better playing the Giants vs the Commanders. At least we'd be on turf
Think about that last game of the 2007 season they played against the 15-0 Patriots. The Giants were a banged up team that needed to rest guys and get ready for the wild card game. So, they played hard against the Goliath Patriots and lost be a FG. They then proceeded to knock the #1 seed Cowboys out of the playoffs and beat those Patriots in the SB, denying them a perfect season.

The Giants are a better squad than the Commanders right now. I prefer they stick with what's in front of them and play out the string to win

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Think about that last game of the 2007 season they played against the 15-0 Patriots. The Giants were a banged up team that needed to rest guys and get ready for the wild card game. So, they played hard against the Goliath Patriots and lost be a FG. They then proceeded to knock the #1 seed Cowboys out of the playoffs and beat those Patriots in the SB, denying them a perfect season.

The Giants are a better squad than the Commanders right now. I prefer they stick with what's in front of them and play out the string to win
The Giants are definitely a better team than Washington.

mcmvp

Reaction score

sorry to break it to you, but this is a bunch of BS wishful thinking. There is not one logical cowboy fan on the planet that would not want to swap places with the Eagles going into this weekend. You are never in a good spot if you need help to get what you want..

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
sorry to break it to you, but this is a bunch of BS wishful thinking. There is not one logical cowboy fan on the planet that would not want to swap places with the Eagles going into this weekend. You are never in a good spot if you need help to get what you want..
Too many unknowns with the Eagles right now. I would rather have my QB healthy going into the last game of the season and not have to worry about how he is going to perform without the guy who hasn't given up a sack in a couple of years. So yes, there is at least one fan that doesn't subscribe to your BS.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Too many unknowns with the Eagles right now. I would rather have my QB healthy going into the last game of the season and not have to worry about how he is going to perform without the guy who hasn't given up a sack in a couple of years. So yes, there is at least one fan that doesn't subscribe to your BS.

I see…you are one of those that thinks (or hopes) that Hurts is still actually injured.

Good luck with that… I don’t think he was ever hurt that bad. I guess time will tell..

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I see…you are one of those that thinks (or hopes) that Hurts is still actually injured.

Good luck with that… I don’t think he was ever hurt that bad. I guess time will tell..
If he wasn't hurt that bad why is he still limited in practice?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is the NFL, with 46 man gameday rosters, you can't just play the 2nd team all over the place like in college or high school.

But I guarantee they are not going all out to win this game. It literally means zero. They can't change their seed for better or worse. They are going to go through the motions to get out of the game and move on to preparing for their playoff game. Expect a very conservative gameplan on both sides of the ball. A very basic approach.

A coach can sit up there all he wants and blow hot air but don't be fooled. Any player that is banged up and needs rest, will get the rest or get a lot of breathers during the game.

Sydla

Reaction score

Yeah, you are going the opposite way here with this.

He got hurt. That's clear as day. If the Eagles had won last week, there's literally zero chance he'd be playing this weekend because they'd want to give him the added rest.

Now do I think he's seriously hurt at this point? Nah. He's healthy enough to play for sure. But his status still bears watching. One hit the wrong way and it could re-injure the shoulder and suddenly it's panic central in Philly.

Sydla

Reaction score

If you are one of those fans that believes the Eagles are sandbagging with Hurts, you kinda look foolish. Because the Eagles are fooling no one. The Giants are assuming Hurts is playing. So who exactly would the Eagles be sandbagging here by pretending Hurts is still coming back from injury instead of him being totally healthy?

If Sirianni thinks he's pulling a fast one here............... LOL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sirianni will get what he deserves. He got cute and arrogant. Now KARMA is in charge. Dallas just has 2 win and the Eagles have all the pressure on them for a change. Giants will be motivated.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you are one of those fans that believes the Eagles are sandbagging with Hurts, you kinda look foolish. Because the Eagles are fooling no one. The Giants are assuming Hurts is playing. So who exactly would the Eagles be sandbagging here by pretending Hurts is still coming back from injury instead of him being totally healthy?

If Sirianni thinks he's pulling a fast one here............... LOL.
Hes arrogant. Its catching up with him fast.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I don't think lil Jalen is gonna have a problem for 3 hrs this Sunday.

And I don't think the Giants can beat the Cowboys or Eagles if they played a dozen times. Lol.

I think he could have played these last 2 weeks if necessary.

But they aren't risking his health for the playoffs if not necessary