Dak’s brother says we couldn’t win without him

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not latest, I've been saying that for the last three years. You can also see it repeatedly in the game day threads. Then again, a lot of Dak's homers disappear during game day threads, for obvious reasons.
Is that the latest thing y'all are making up? Not being able to read the defense?

Just trying to keep track.

And you made this determination by watching this QB on a screen that doesn't show the placement and movements of the defensive backs, right? LMAO.

So so stupid.

Oh so you've been making it up for three years, despite no factual backing?

Continually posting something wrong isn't something to brag about hahhahah

Why would we disappear? He's one of the few players that shows up during games. And we are quite active on game day threads, another thing you have to completely make up. Embarraasing

Asklesko

Reaction score
Lost to three playoff teams, two within one score, and then two wins for Dak.

Now you do Dalton. See how silly your point is?

Dalton's a backup. He needed time to get comfortable. I saw that he did, and we were able to put up some competitive performances. I will take Dalton over Dak with a detrimental contract.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dalton's a backup. He needed time to get comfortable. I saw that he did, and we were able to put up some competitive performances. I will take Dalton over Dak with a detrimental contract.

So you chose not to do Dalton's.

You DO see how silly your point was.

That's fine that you'd prefer that. Doesn't make a difference.

Intentionally downgrading greatly at the most important position, while also throwing away your future at the position is one of the biggest "what in the hell" mistakes you can make.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I think 35 AAY for 5 years is the deal that is on the table and the one that Dak needs to take. If he wants to go along with France or whomever it is that is representing him and ask for more, then tag him and trade him and lets move on because any deal larger then that for fewer years is going to wreck the cap. We aren't going to win games if we can't afford to keep or sign players we need. I'm sorry but that's how I see it. It's not complicated and it's not personal but it is the truth IMO. I think this is the deal.

JMO

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dak had the same OL Dalton had minus Martin and was putting up 30 plus points a game. You're telling me Martin on his own is a 30 point difference in a game? You're nuts.

That's just not true. The OL was a mess for several weeks, all tackles were out at one point.. I remember Martin having to play tackle one game due to injuries to all the other tackles. Once the OL settled down some and got a few games together, they performed somewhat better the O was able to do their thing, you know score 30, 41 and 37 points in 3 consecutive games.

I don't think anyone is saying Dalton is worlds better than Dak. But a QB like Dalton at 15 mil a year is much better for the Cowboys than a Dak at 35 mil per year. Dak is a decent to good QB - can play elite at times and can play like dog crap at times as well. He is not elite, he is not special. He is like a Stafford, or Ryan,, good at times, bad at times, overall average and they shouldn't pay him what he wants. If he is willing to play for say 25-30 mil per sign me up but anything over 30 mil is a waste of resources because Dak is not a difference maker.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I think 35 AAY for 5 years is the deal that is on the table and the one that Dak needs to take. If he wants to go along with France or whomever it is that is representing him and ask for more, then tag him and trade him and lets move on because any deal larger then that for fewer years is going to wreck the cap. We aren't going to win games if we can't afford to keep or sign players we need. I'm sorry but that's how I see it. It's not complicated and it's not personal but it is the truth IMO. I think this is the deal.

JMO
Do you think they've backed off to 4 since this was the tag year?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Do you understand why this comment makes no sense? ...again?

Going to ask instead of tell.

You brought up Aikman, not me. And it should be a auto ban to compare Dak to Troy A in any way shape or form, imo. But you brought him up asking how did he perform without all the all pros,,, the point it is we don't know because it was a different time. But if we play this out.. Aikman highest % to the cap was 14% in 96 and 97, which totally destroyed the Cowboys along with several bad drafts.

Dak is looking for around 20% of the cap what do you think that will do to the Cowboys?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This conversation is not all that different then the one we had about Quincy Carter or Tony Romo. I've heard it so many times, "Pay The Man!", but what if we had payed Quincy when everybody said we should? What if we had given him big money? He got a little over 3 mil and managed to get himself out of the league. Imagine if he had gotten real money.....

Tony Romo got real money, twice. He got paid big money twice and how many championships do we have to show for it? It's not because Tony wasn't good enough, that wasn't it. Tony was good enough but the problem was that the team wasn't and a lot of that is because we had a big cap problems, we were always going cheap in certain areas. That was the beginning of, "We like our guys......."

At some point, you gotta deal with the reality of it. I don't believe in paying cap breaking money to QBs, even if they are good enough to be real difference makers in the NFL but truth is, there are only 2 or 3 of those in most years. The rest are just not that good. I see no sense in paying that kind of money to QBs wo can't be that guy.

I guess those who believe we should and those, like I, who don't see the logic, will probably never see eye to eye.

Shocking.............

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine if Andy had Smith, Collins, Martin and Frederick in the line-up with a healthy Zeke.. that’s the actual comparison we made and I bet you we actually do win..

And this season proved Jerry right.. They ain’t winning anything with this backup OL.

At least Tad didn’t play the race card this time around.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
T

Tony Romo got real money, twice. He got paid big money twice and how many championships do we have to show for it? It's not because Tony wasn't good enough, that wasn't it. Tony was good enough but the problem was that the team wasn't and a lot of that is because we had a big cap problems, we were always going cheap in certain areas. That was the beginning of, "We like our guys......."

People didn't learn that valuable lesson the first time.

Hopefully they pay attention this time..

The worst part about this though.. I think the Jones's know they would be screwing up our chances of winning but are too afraid to not bow down to Dak's demands.

As long as we're relevant they are fine.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Right up until it was a must win, win or go home situation. Then Dalton screwed the pooch. So much for needing time to get comfortable. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well at least we know one thing for sure:

Sucky cheap Dalton, with a third-string OL and an injured Zeke pulling himself out ever other play, screwed the pooch less than “Top 5 QB Dak” did with all five of his starting OL and a healthy Zeke against a scrubby Eagles team that couldn’t even prevent Haskins from putting the ball in the end zone twice the week before.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You brought up Aikman, not me. And it should be a auto ban to compare Dak to Troy A in any way shape or form, imo. But you brought him up asking how did he perform without all the all pros,,, the point it is we don't know because it was a different time. But if we play this out.. Aikman highest % to the cap was 14% in 96 and 97, which totally destroyed the Cowboys along with several bad drafts.

Dak is looking for around 20% of the cap what do you think that will do to the Cowboys?

I did not bring up Aikman... lol.

Hey, at least you redeemed yourself a little bit by using % of CAP. Kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.